Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T-B W3-2141 measuring way off spec - anyone else used this driver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zx82net View Post
    This is a gated measurement of a W3 2141 in a ~2.5l enclosure. I purchased the driver about 18months ago from PE.
    Thanks, this is a helpful reference. Seems like similar results, give or take based on smoothing and gate. How disappointing. Well, let's see what this turns into I guess!
    diVine Audio

Comment

Welcome back Chris.

Comment

Updated original post with T/S parameters as well. Fs seems to have gone up since I last measured, but gave them more break-in. Impedance went down, but possibly due to more careful attention to calibration; I went through the whole process fresh this time. Re is still quite a bit higher than spec, as is Fs.
        diVine Audio

Comment

Just noticed these drivers were used here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAoqVH1w3uc

Although a detailed response isn't posted you can see at about the 6:30 mark when measurements are taken they end up very similar to the ones shown above in Post #14.

Same 1-2K hump, drop off and then twin peaks up over 10K. They don't show the same sharp increase around 3K though.

In any case a fairly challenging little driver to get a smooth response from.

Comment

If an established manufacturer like TB is making drivers that are mostly going to be used in hardcore applications with serious users, with measuring equipment -- those who end up posting threads like this -- why would continue they publish specs that are so far off?

Surely the black marks would add up, no?

Form does not follow function
            Form is simultaneous to function

Comment

Working...
            X