No announcement yet.

First Crossover design, check me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woops! Labeled the tweeter wrong. It is the SB29RDNC-C000-4....which is still available. The stuff I posted was based on the specs for that tweeter, not the SB29RDAC-C000-4.

Sorry about the mixup.

Tolstoy

The sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older. Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.

Comment

Your crossover simulations look pretty good to me. Nice work!

For the 1/2" inset of the baffle, I like that look also. I have built many speakers that way and they sound just fine. Style is important.

Comment

Really, if you want someone to check your design prowess, you should supply YOUR F/Z files, otherwise it's apples to oranges.
        (Using mfr. curves) I still see a hump at the tweeter rolloff, and essentially NO baffle-step.
        The low-pass looks pretty good, but I'd be surprised if you couldn't (pretty much) duplicate the xfer fn w/OUT the notch.

Comment

Would a purchase of a miniDSP UMIK-1 and the download of Boxsim get me what I need to be more effective? I don't want to get too deep money wise as I could see this being the only speaker I ever do, but I could also see myself getting way into it and using this test equipment a ton. If I do get into it more, I would for sure invest in some better testing equipment.

Thanks!

Tolstoy

The sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older. Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.

Comment

Working...
          X