Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do I start if I'm a newbie speaker builder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So far electronerd122 has only agreed with himself. The first 121 electronerds may have been more forthcoming with real information
    Francis

Comment

• tomzarbo
      tomzarbo commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I think my FIRST question should have been 'are you real'... I've been fooled by spambots before. I like to give the benefit of the doubt, though.

Any spam-fisted bot ought to be able to cnc cabs if told to do so, right?
    Especially if it talks to itself,
    Wolf
    "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
    "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
    "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
    "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
    http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	jpeg-1-2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	64.2 KB ID:	1465118 Click image for larger version

Name:	robot.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	555.9 KB
ID:	1465121

Comment

He never even got to share his spam link. I bet hiring his essay writing service was going to be his suggestion.
        Francis

Comment

In addition to building a kit and pick up one of the fore mentioned books, start collecting the freeware software tools and while building your kit, try to reverse engineer it and understand what they did and why. There is tremendous depth on this forum, but you wil soon see we do not agree. The truth is, there is no one correct answer, so your experience, hearing, use case, budget etc. may cause you to make different choices that I.

If you do not have a basic electronics background, I strongly suggest a free online quick class in basic AC/DC electronics. CAD tools will do the calculations, but it really helps to speak the language and understand what is going on. Speaker building is a great hobby. But it is not cheap and it is based on real engineering.

Are you a woodworker? That is the other half. You will need an absolute minimum of a router and a track saw. Many of us have full woodshops and some CNC routers.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Soopsori-Wooden-Toy-Robot2.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	150.3 KB
ID:	1465154

Comment

Originally posted by djg View Post
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Soopsori-Wooden-Toy-Robot2.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	150.3 KB
ID:	1465154
              The zombie computer holding the OP will simply talk to a zombie computer hooked to CNC.
              Francis

Comment

GAD are some folks here are getting nasty. New or not, topical question and a courteous response to replies.

Comment

Originally posted by tvrgeek View Post
                  GAD are some folks here are getting nasty. New or not, topical question and a courteous response to replies.
                  Uhm. He's most likely a bot. In any event he dropped an involved question and faded. But not before quoting himself and agreeing.
                  Francis

Comment

Absolutely a spammer, though not necessarily a bot. Real people are employed to spam. All you have to do is google 'electronerd122' and the evidence is there, including his location in Ukraine, which is second only to Russia for spam.
                    www.billfitzmaurice.com
                    www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Comment

We may never know what spamtastic goodness he could offer. I am curious why he would quote himself and agree. That's the fishiest thing I've seen in a while.
                      Francis

Comment

Maybe a spammer. Maybe not, but there is still no reason to act like a bunch of 12 year old little girls. Faded? Not everyone has no life and spends every day on the WEB.

Comment

• 129Decibel
                          129Decibel commented
                          Editing a comment
                          You are calling all the nice helpful people a bunch of 12 year old girls. Nasty Nasty Nasty you are!

• djg
                          djg commented
                          Editing a comment
                          What's wrong with 12yo girls?

• fpitas
                          fpitas commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Well, sign up for his essay writing service. He'll appreciate it!

Originally posted by fpitas View Post
                        We may never know what spamtastic goodness he could offer. I am curious why he would quote himself and agree. That's the fishiest thing I've seen in a while.
                        Makes sense! Thanks guys!
                        Francis

Comment

Originally posted by tvrgeek View Post
                          Maybe a spammer. Maybe not, but there is still no reason to act like a bunch of 12 year old little girls. Faded? Not everyone has no life and spends every day on the WEB.
                          Yes, faded. If you ask a serious question it's polite to show up for the answers. The thread should still be of use to actual noobies.
                          Francis

Comment

Originally posted by billfitzmaurice View Post
                            Absolutely a spammer, though not necessarily a bot. Real people are employed to spam. All you have to do is google 'electronerd122' and the evidence is there, including his location in Ukraine, which is second only to Russia for spam.
                            The fact he never came back would lead us to believe he's a spammer (or hit by a bus) but what is the benefit to him or his employer for this type of spam? He doesn't appear to be selling anything. I don't understand this internet thing I guess.

Comment

Working...
                            X