Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SB21SDC and W4-1720 ?.

Hello,

I am thinking of pairing the SB Acoustics SB21SDC-C000-4 with either the Tang Band W4-1720 or Dayton DSA135-8. Does anyone have the FRD and ZMA files for the SB or TB drivers?

thanks
    jackyjoy

Usually what most guys (or gals) do, is take a screenshot ("PrtScr" key on a PC) of F/Z plots, then paste it into fprawn's "FPGraphTracer" and trace it, then save out your .frd/.zma files.

Here are mine:

W4-1720.fRD
    W4-1720.zma
    SB21SDC.FRD
    SB21SDC.ZMA

Of course, with "traced" files, the phase data is either bogus or non-existant.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Chris Roemer; 04-08-2021, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Just a quick comment that the TB W4 1720 is an outstanding driver and IMO a much better choice than the Dayton, if the price doesn't concern you. I built a 5.5L two way using the 1720 and a Peerless XT25 SC90 crossed at 2200Hz and am very happy with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Roemer View Post
        Of course, with "traced" files, the phase data is either bogus or non-existant.
        Here's an excellent article by Paul Carmody on how to perform simulations using copied frd/zma files:

https://www.sites.google.com/site/un...d-measurements

As Chris noted you need to re-create the phase data. And as Paul states you also need to add the baffle step and diffraction for your particular cabinet.

"Everything is nothing without a high sound quality." (Sure Electronics)

Comment

Working...
        X