Announcement

Collapse

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts! Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project. We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well! Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans. We hope to see you this summer! Vivian and Jill
See more
See less

grills

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grills

What is the easiest way to make some nice home made grills? What type of wood grill cloth etc?

Re: grills *PIC*

> What is the easiest way to make some nice
    > home made grills? What type of wood grill
    > cloth etc?

I use 1/2" mdf, the grill cloth that PE sells, the grill fasteners that PE sells and screen door piping. The method requires the use of a router table and 1/8" bit to make a 1/8" slot all the way around the backside of the grill. Then stretch the grill cloth around the frame and push in the piping to hold the cloth in place. It really is an easy method.

The pic probably won't work - something wrong with linking to my comcast space??? Here are some links to the pics:

Last edited by bmaupin; 01-20-2011, 07:13 PM.
    Brad
    piano black sealing mdf irregular recesses grill technique

Comment

Re: grills

That looks great! I would be concerned that the thin channel of mdf would split off. Might try this with some ply instead. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Arlis uses hot glue, an iron and screwdriver. I can't wait to try that.
        Builds - C-Killa - Speedsters - LithMTM - Talking Sticks - Pocket Rockets - Khanspires - Dayton RS Center - RS225/28A - Kairos - Adelphos - SEOS TD12X - Dayton 8 - Needles - 871S - eD6c - Overnight Sensations - Tritrix (ported) - Lineup F4 - Stentorians - The Cheapies - Tub Thumpers - Barbells - Tuba HT - Numerous subwoofers - probably missing a few...... :p

Comment

http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...I-make-a-grill

http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...6-Grill-design
          "The ability of any system to produce exceptional sound will be limited mainly by the capability of the speakers" Jim Salk
          "Audio is surely a journey full of revelations as you go" JasonP

Comment

Working...
          X