Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1 Day More...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 1 Day More...

    Gentlemen,

    For the past 3-4 years I have been an active member of this wonderful board. As many of you now know, I am 18 years old; meaning that I started lurking and posting here at just 14. I can say that this community has been great to me. I've met Ben (Wolf), Shawn (Shawn A), Aaron (EnvisionElec), Trevor (Trevor G), Darren (Darren K), Mike (Mike V), and countless others in my time. I bugged my gracious father into driving me 5+ hours from Pittsburgh to Springboro for the Two Tent Sales....

    Now, I'm not saying that I'm done, but I do have an announcement...

    Tomorrow is my last day of publicly funded, compulsory education. Basically, I'm graduating high school!

    It's been a great time these past years, I've grown as a hobbyist and a man in the times. As a spillover-benefit I have also become a much better writer... And I have all fo you to thank for this.

    So Heres To So Many Great Times, And More Great Times To Come... ;)

    Seniors '08! :D

    Nick
    I'm just that guy. www.sru.edu Rock Solid.

    "It has been remarked that if one selects his own components, builds his own enclosure, and is convinced he has made a wise choice of design, then his own loudspeaker sounds better to him than does anyone else's loudspeaker. In this case, the frequency response of the loudspeaker seems to play only a minor part in forming a person's opinion."

    L.L. Beranek, Acoustics (McGraw-Hill, New York, 1954), p.208.

  • #2
    Re: 1 Day More...

    Originally posted by nick29498141 View Post
    As a spillover-benefit I have also become a much better writer... And I have all fo you to thank for this.
    Well there goes that theory... :D
    'grats!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: 1 Day More...

      Happy graduation day...

      You suck. I've still got a couple of weeks left to go... But, i finish academics tomorrow so sitting in shop for the end of the year won't be bad.

      He said he's a better writer now... Nothing about editing! :D
      "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." Thomas A. Edison

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Impress your new college friends.....

        Originally posted by nick29498141 View Post
        Gentlemen,

        Tomorrow is my last day of publicly funded, compulsory education. Basically, I'm graduating high school!

        Nick
        with monster dorm-shaking speakers!:D

        -Don

        I think I hear a difference - wow, it's amazing!" Ethan Winer: audio myths
        "As God is my witness I'll never be without a good pair of speakers!" Scarlett O'Hara

        High value, high quality RS150/TB28-537SH bookshelf - TARGAS NLA!
        SB13/Vifa BC25SC06 MTM DCR Galeons-SB13-MTM
        My Voxel min sub Yet-another-Voxel-build

        Tangband W6-sub

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: 1 Day More...

          So between AJ and Nick29498141 together. I still have 15 years on them. Oh to be 18 instead of 51. LOL

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: 1 Day More...

            Nice Catch! (That's embarrassing...:D) Maybe I'm into rap music... Fo Sho????
            I'm just that guy. www.sru.edu Rock Solid.

            "It has been remarked that if one selects his own components, builds his own enclosure, and is convinced he has made a wise choice of design, then his own loudspeaker sounds better to him than does anyone else's loudspeaker. In this case, the frequency response of the loudspeaker seems to play only a minor part in forming a person's opinion."

            L.L. Beranek, Acoustics (McGraw-Hill, New York, 1954), p.208.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: 1 Day More...

              Originally posted by philiparcario View Post
              So between AJ and Nick29498141 together. I still have 15 years on them. Oh to be 18 instead of 51. LOL
              You're 18 with 33 years of experiance Phil. ;)
              "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." Thomas A. Edison

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: 1 Day More...

                Originally posted by nick29498141 View Post
                Gentlemen,

                For the past 3-4 years I have been an active member of this wonderful board. As many of you now know, I am 18 years old; meaning that I started lurking and posting here at just 14. I can say that this community has been great to me. I've met Ben (Wolf), Shawn (Shawn A), Aaron (EnvisionElec), Trevor (Trevor G), Darren (Darren K), Mike (Mike V), and countless others in my time. I bugged my gracious father into driving me 5+ hours from Pittsburgh to Springboro for the Two Tent Sales....

                Now, I'm not saying that I'm done, but I do have an announcement...

                Tomorrow is my last day of publicly funded, compulsory education. Basically, I'm graduating high school!

                It's been a great time these past years, I've grown as a hobbyist
                Originally posted by nick29498141 View Post
                and a man
                You mean Marmot-Man, right?

                Originally posted by nick29498141 View Post
                in the times. As a spillover-benefit I have also become a much better writer... And I have all fo you to thank for this.

                So Heres To So Many Great Times, And More Great Times To Come... ;)

                Seniors '08! :D

                Nick
                You're still in high school? Wow...I thought you graduated a couple years ago. Meh. Now where did I put my head....oh... *snap*.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: 1 Day More...

                  Congrats!!! I remember graduating high school like it was 27 years ago!
                  I wish you luck!
                  By the way, I remember way back when you first started posting, and your right! you couldn't spell for beans! You have made GREAT progress with your spelling skills! Keep up the great work!!!
                  Aaron
                  http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v655/aaronhero/
                  http://groups.msn.com/aaronsspeakers/pictures
                  [email protected]

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: 1 Day More...

                    I graduated high school 46 years ago and just I'm a beginner here!

                    JZ


                    Originally posted by nick29498141 View Post
                    Gentlemen,

                    For the past 3-4 years I have been an active member of this wonderful board. As many of you now know, I am 18 years old; meaning that I started lurking and posting here at just 14. I can say that this community has been great to me. I've met Ben (Wolf), Shawn (Shawn A), Aaron (EnvisionElec), Trevor (Trevor G), Darren (Darren K), Mike (Mike V), and countless others in my time. I bugged my gracious father into driving me 5+ hours from Pittsburgh to Springboro for the Two Tent Sales....

                    Now, I'm not saying that I'm done, but I do have an announcement...

                    Tomorrow is my last day of publicly funded, compulsory education. Basically, I'm graduating high school!

                    JZ

                    It's been a great time these past years, I've grown as a hobbyist and a man in the times. As a spillover-benefit I have also become a much better writer... And I have all fo you to thank for this.

                    So Heres To So Many Great Times, And More Great Times To Come... ;)

                    Seniors '08! :D

                    Nick

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: 1 Day More...

                      Our very own Marmot-man is graduating!!!! I guess this means you can cross state-lines without an adult present.:D Might you be driving to the TS/DIY on your own this year? It'll be great to attend your first DIY- TRUST ME! Congrats on the 'Grats, and you'll think later how much easier life was back in school.
                      Later,
                      Wolf
                      "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                      "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                      "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                      "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

                      *InDIYana event website*

                      Photobucket pages:
                      http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

                      My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                      http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: 1 Day More...

                        Originally posted by Mr.Thomas Aaron Hero View Post
                        Congrats!!! I remember graduating high school like it was 27 years ago!
                        I wish you luck!
                        By the way, I remember way back when you first started posting, and your right! you couldn't spell for beans! You have made GREAT progress with your spelling skills! Keep up the great work!!!
                        Aaron
                        I believe that was Trevor G. He really couldn't spell back then.

                        We have a few young'uns in here with us.
                        JustinG
                        Nick "Marmot-man"
                        Trevor G. "Squeaky"
                        AJ "the svede"

                        and I'm sure there are more. Nick/Trev/AJ all graduate this year, so congrats t ALL THREE of you!!
                        Later,
                        Wolf
                        "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                        "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                        "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                        "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

                        *InDIYana event website*

                        Photobucket pages:
                        http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

                        My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                        http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: 1 Day More...

                          Originally posted by nick29498141 View Post
                          Gentlemen,
                          Tomorrow is my last day of publicly funded, compulsory education. Basically, I'm graduating high school!
                          Nick
                          Congrats.
                          I made an avatar picture for you as a graduation present.

                          Click image for larger version

Name:	marmot.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	1122131
                          Free Passive Speaker Designer Lite (PSD-Lite) -- http://www.audiodevelopers.com/Softw...Lite/setup.exe

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: 1 Day More...

                            Things to do tomorrow:
                            Pack belongings
                            Go to graduation
                            Move out of house
                            Get apartment
                            Get job
                            Sell speakers to buy food
                            Sell stereo to buy food
                            Sell car to buy food


                            No, just kidding. Enjoy the new freedom. Don't forget to wear sunscreen, and don't open any credit cards until you're at least 40.
                            Building it big and playing it loud! Because we all know size really does matter, and a little over compensation never hurt anyone. :eek:

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: 1 Day More...

                              Originally posted by philiparcario View Post
                              So between AJ and Nick29498141 together. I still have 15 years on them. Oh to be 18 instead of 51. LOL
                              You young whippersnapper. I'm 57!

                              -Bill

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X