OT: Celtics 1, Lakers O

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Celtics 1, Lakers O

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D Oh yes, that would be Celtic green on that grinning mug. And on a totally unrelated sports note, a picture of why I like tennis.

Hey Bill, I do apologize to your employer and the Bristol gang for hotlinking. Oh brother, does she ever put the HOT in hotlinking.

shawn
    My favorite woofer is a Labrador retriever.

Re: OT: Celtics 1, Lakers O

Shawn,

Of course, you know this means WAR!!! They drew first blood, but game 2 adjustments are coming my friend. Lakers in 6...

BTW, I only watch tennis when Maria Sharipova is playing...

Hong
    Some people are addicted to Vicodin. I'm addicted to speaker building.

The Chorales - Usher 8945A/Vifa XT25TG Build
    ESP Project 101 Lateral MOSFET Amplifier
    LM4780 Parallel Chipamp
    Sonata Soundbar Project
    The Renditions - Active/Passive Towers

Comment

Rooting for Celtics, but I think Lakers do it in 6

I'm a Laker hater but it will be many, many moons before it's Kings/Lakers again. I can't believe how fast they rebuilt that stinkin' team.
      GO CELTS!
      Why is it that we don't realize how short life is until we've lived half of it already?

Comment

What a game!

Phil is still under regarded in most circles - think back on how many of the players from his championship runs went elsewhere and how they did. Phil quietly prepares a team using the best of the talent and in the best roles possible. This year may be his best coaching job yet - consider what Gasol was (not) doing in Memphis and the importance of people you might not ever hear of otherwise, like Radmanovic or Vujocic or Farmar and the absence of Bynum and how Kobe has worked WITH the team this season. His understanding of the use of the triangle and how to adapt that offense to suit the personnel and when to pop out of that set is masterful.

OTOH, if you spent the next couple of days with a genetic sketchpad rendering the protoypical basketball player you would have wasted two days because KG already exists!! My wife and everyone who knows my addiction has been asking who I want to win the series - I don't care, but I want game 7 won by a pick and roll at the top with a dump down to the weak side low post. With no time left.
        When you run make sure you run,
        to something not away from, cause lies don't need an aeroplane to chase you anywhere.

Comment

Arrrgh!!

Great...

I only made it halfway and dvr'd the rest. I wake up, hit the net, specifically avoiding the sites that might carry the score till I can watch the rest.

I figure I'm safe at the speaker sites but nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
          audioheuristics isn't around right now...

Comment

I've been a diehard BB fan (both pro and college) my entire life. After the Lakers left we were without a pro team for 30 years (way before my time, but my pops remembers and was a fan of the Minneapolis Lakers). Before the TimberChiwawas came to town, I followed the 76ers and the Celtics. When Bird and McFail (McKale) landed in Boston, the Celtics were my only love. I admired Kevin as a player, but hate him as our GM. Our team is in shambles. After losing my favorite player of all-time (well, after MJ) to the Celtics, I decided to take KGs new team on as my mistress! What a great reunion!

One of the reader-posts in the sports section of our local paper was railing on Paul Pierce for his "acting job", claiming the whole sprained knee thing was an intentional show. Sure looked like his knee buckled a bit in the replay.

Anyway, I'm excited to see these two teams in the finals. What a classic!

Go Celtics!
            None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free

Comment

Who are all these Lakers and Celtics? Are they warring tribes? I'm sorry to hear that Dan's monarchy has already fallen. I hope that civil order is maintained and that his family is safe. :(
              Last edited by Dirk; 06-06-2008, 03:22 PM.
              nothing can stop me now

Comment

Nope... just a couple of groups of wacky lunatics.

Originally posted by Dirk View Post
                "Who are all these Lakers and Celtics? Are they warring tribes?"
                The Spurs are one very classy team though :D

Comment

Happy Days are here....lets hope they last.
                  Thanks,
                  Zach Tripp

Comment

Let's just hope the officials stay out of the way and let these 2 teams decide the outcome. I want to see who wants it more, not who the officials believe deserve it more. Can you say "consistency"?:rolleyes:
                    Why is it that we don't realize how short life is until we've lived half of it already?

Comment

Originally posted by shawn_a View Post
                      Hey Bill, I do apologize to your employer and the Bristol gang for hotlinking. Oh brother, does she ever put the HOT in hotlinking.

shawn
                      No problem; you'll just get the Bristol stomp! :D

Bill

Comment

On to Game 2! I do believe the Lakers really need to win game 2; they will have home court advantage for the games 3-5 but they sure better not count on winning all 3 of those (although I wish they could win games 2-5 and close out the series at home for their fans). Kobe may not get to shoot very many free throws but I bet he'll shoot better than 9 of 26 on field goals in game 2.
                        Paul

Originally posted by shawn_a View Post
                        :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D Oh yes, that would be Celtic green on that grinning mug. And on a totally unrelated sports note, a picture of why I like tennis.

shawn

Comment

My two hobbies, basketball and stereos. Go Celtics!

Too bad my wife wont let me spend money on one, and I have no control over the other. It's a tough life :p

Bruce

Comment

That would be 2 East Coast, and a big ZERO for the West Coast

Kobe's hating life right now. Why did I make them fire Shack? Why!??
                            Building it big and playing it loud! Because we all know size really does matter, and a little over compensation never hurt anyone. :eek:

Comment

Re: It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...

or on this case, until one team wins 4 games. Still, the Lakers are struggling a bit and are being severely and unfairly hindered by the lopsided foul calls favoring the Celtics. The Lakers outscored the Celtics last night by 11 points total on field goals, but couldn't overcome making 10 out of 10 free throws to the Celtics' 27 out of 38! If the Lakers don't win tomorrow night on their first game at home, then I expect the Celtics will win in the end.

Originally posted by Todd G. View Post
                              Kobe's hating life right now. Why did I make them fire Shack? Why!??

Comment

Working...
                              X