Band-It melamine question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Band-It melamine question

I'm looking to cheat a bit on a finishing job and was wondering about the construction of the white melamine. Is it just white on the surface or is white all the way through the material thickness. I would use black but I'll be painting over this in places so a light background will make things easier. Thanks for any info.

shawn
    My favorite woofer is a Labrador retriever.

Re: Band-It melamine question

Originally posted by shawn_a View Post
    I'm looking to cheat a bit on a finishing job and was wondering about the construction of the white melamine. Is it just white on the surface or is white all the way through the material thickness. I would use black but I'll be painting over this in places so a light background will make things easier. Thanks for any info.

shawn
    Not sure if you are talking about the sheets or the edging. The sheets are particle board with a thin layer on the surface and chips very easy when cutting. Mostly on the bottom side. The edging material that I have used is solid color all the way through.
    Dave
    http://www.pellegreneacoustics.com/

Trench Seam Method for MDF
    https://picasaweb.google.com/101632266659473725850

Comment

Re: OT...

Congratulations, Shawn, on your team the Celtics winning it all. They played extremely well across the board and deserved the crown. But, as a Lakers fan, I have to say, WAIT UNTIL NEXT YEAR!

Originally posted by shawn_a View Post

shawn

Comment

Yeah, this year was kind to the Celts. Especially when compared to last year's mess. We'll see next year if either the Celtics or the Lakers can make the long run again.

Shawn

Comment

Hi, Shawn.

If you are referring to the black or white melamine shelving sections typically sold at Lowe's or Home Depot, in 2 ft wide sections in various lengths, it is veneered particle board.

It is not white through the center, nor black, in the case of black melamine, as it is commonly known.

Regards,
          Eric

Comment

Thanks guys

Found what I was looking for and hopefully I will be putting the finish on these speakers by this time next week. Thanks for the inforama.

shawn

Comment

Working...
            X