Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Jarrah" gets some stands

spent today making some stands for '"jarrah"

I'm not sure if I want to add some curved sections either side at the base of the upright, but I can easily do that if/when I decide, I have a small quantity of timber left.

At this stage they have one coat of oil and the speakers are just sitting on top, no feet on the stands yet, think I'll use some brass conical spikes, 2 at the front one at the back. we will see. any comments ?

still a bit dusty, cleaning up work still to do !!

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~grad...rrah_stand.jpg
    If people want to listen to wiggles, that up to them....

I prefer music.

Re: "Jarrah" gets some stands

Nice lines, Andy.
    When you run make sure you run,
    to something not away from, cause lies don't need an aeroplane to chase you anywhere.

Comment

Looking good Andy. It would be great if the post followed the same curves. Btw, how do they sound? Did you use the ZA-SR71 crossover or did you change it?
      No matter where you go, there you are.
      Website

Comment

Very nice, Andy. Very nice.

Dave
        "A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

www.piaudiogroup.com

http://www.avguide.com/blog/tas-rmaf...w-technologies
        http://positive-feedback.com/Issue47/ramblings.htm
        http://positive-feedback.com/Issue47/uber_buss.htm

Comment

Never thought i'd see this day... Andy G. copying other peoples crossover designs, computer modeled crossover designs no less, AND using a box that has more than one 90 degree corner in the same design! :eek:

Tsk tsk... :D

Seriously though, nice job Andy. Bet they sound great.
          "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Absolutely goergous...

Andy A+++ work.

Dave
            Dave

If you can read this, thank a teacher.
            If you are reading it in English thank a Veteran

Comment

Originally posted by Andy_G View Post
              spent today making some stands for '"jarrah"

I'm not sure if I want to add some curved sections either side at the base of the upright, but I can easily do that if/when I decide, I have a small quantity of timber left.

At this stage they have one coat of oil and the speakers are just sitting on top, no feet on the stands yet, think I'll use some brass conical spikes, 2 at the front one at the back. we will see. any comments ?

still a bit dusty, cleaning up work still to do !!

Those have turned out beautifully Andy. Your craftsmanship is fantastic.
              R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio
              Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
              "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

I love your curved cabinets. Great work.
                DIY Audio Projects ::: DIY Hi-Fi Audio Blog
                [ DIY K-12 Tube Amp Kit | DIY LM3886 Gainclone | DIY Fostex FE127E Bipole Speaker | DIY Fostex FX120 Bookshelf Speaker ]

Comment

I like the way the vertical stripe down the pillar goes with the lighter horizontal stripes on the cabinet sides, and the shape of the base mirrors the shape of the cabinets. Clever, and very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by gowa View Post
                    Looking good Andy. It would be great if the post followed the same curves. Btw, how do they sound? Did you use the ZA-SR71 crossover or did you change it?
                    Now using an AR series x-o. Just a preference in sound thing. !!

And they sound very good :D

I prefer music.

Comment

Originally posted by AJ View Post
                      Never thought i'd see this day... Andy G. copying other peoples crossover designs, computer modeled crossover designs no less, AND using a box that has more than one 90 degree corner in the same design! :eek:

Tsk tsk... :D

Seriously though, nice job Andy. Bet they sound great.
                      I actually ended up changing the x-o to an AR series x-o, (also computer modeled), which I find suits my ear better. Spent a couple of hours last nigt listening, maybe to the minor tweak stage, very nice to listen to.

I prefer music.

Comment

Working...
                      X