How to add new drivers to UniBox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to add new drivers to UniBox

I just downloaded UniBox and wanted to add a new driver to the last tab but I do not have all parameters the program is asking for. The last tab where you can do this is asking for many parameters and I only have the once that are mentioned in the PE catalog.
    Now I get the '#DIV/0' from excel in the first tab.

How do you guys add a new driver to this excel program?
    Where do you find all parameters?

Re: How to add new drivers to UniBox

In Unibox, all the blue text fields are user enter-able. To add a driver, you enter the date on the "Speaker Design" tab: name in A5, and the T/S parameters into their respective locations B6:B16. Then over around I16, you can "Save". Then when you exit, you have to save the Unibox spreadsheet.

When you save, it also save the other blue fields on this tab. So, if there's a particular design you want to keep, you can save it. Since it tracks the data by the name entered in A5, you can save multiple designs using whatever nomenclature you want.

Hope that help.
    - John

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." - Dr. M. L. King
    www.BuildTheDream.org

Comment

Also, you may need to press the "Set all constants to default values" button, if you still have this issue after doing the above.

Comment

Do you need to dis-able the sheet protection in order to enter your own info? I get a protected cell message, and I don't want to mess up the formulas in the cells.

Also, is there a good tutorial anywhere for Unibox? The main page for the Unibox software is the closest I have found, but it is not that helpful to me.

Marvin

Comment

Originally posted by djmc View Post
          I just downloaded UniBox and wanted to add a new driver to the last tab but I do not have all parameters the program is asking for. The last tab where you can do this is asking for many parameters and I only have the once that are mentioned in the PE catalog.
          Now I get the '#DIV/0' from excel in the first tab.

How do you guys add a new driver to this excel program?
          Where do you find all parameters?
          You don't add drivers to Unibox this way. Some of the parameters saved on the "last tab" are calculated values in Unibox and it stores them there, that's why you don't have them. They way it works is this way - Enter the data you have for the driver in the correct fields on the first tab titled "Speaker Design". Once you have the design you want, including cabinet volume, vent dimensions, etc. click the "Save" button in the area of cell I-16 and Unibox will save this driver and the design parameters to the database. You can retrieve it any time using the drop-down menu.

My personal version of Unibox has over 800 designs in it now.

Jeff B.
          Click here for Jeff Bagby's Loudspeaker Design Software

Comment

Originally posted by marvin View Post
            Do you need to dis-able the sheet protection in order to enter your own info? I get a protected cell message, and I don't want to mess up the formulas in the cells.

Also, is there a good tutorial anywhere for Unibox? The main page for the Unibox software is the closest I have found, but it is not that helpful to me.

Marvin
            You can hover over cells with a red triangle in the corner to tell you what it is and does, this can help. Again to reiterate what HB said- Blue is enterable, red is not. The other calculated red cells are adjusted by the blue cells you enter. Drop-down menus are the rest of the things to use for desired fill, port flaring or not, and leak modellings.
            Later,
            Wolf
            "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
            "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
            "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
            "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
            http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
            http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Working...
            X