Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NP: Dean Peer - Ucross (the whole album, one lovely track at a time)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NP: Dean Peer - Ucross (the whole album, one lovely track at a time)

Paul K, I owe you a HUGE thanks for reminding me of how much I loved Dean Peer's bass prowess. I ordered up several CDs from Amazon after the show with Ucross being one of them that arrived in the mail this morning. After hearing Lord's Tundra from the Stereophile Test CD 3 I knew I better grab one of his albums before I forgot about him all over again.

It's really one of those albums that makes me as a bassist do one of two things. Either I can work my **** off and become a better bassist or I can just give up because it's a long row to hoe to get to a level that is even near Peer's ability. I always choose the former, of course, but it's great to be astounded by a musician on a regular basis because it makes me realize why I love playing so much and chose to play the bass in the first place. Thanks for the great jog of my memory.

shawn
    My favorite woofer is a Labrador retriever.

Re: NP: Dean Peer - Ucross (the whole album, one lovely track at a time)

You're quite welcome, Shawn. When I set out to choose what personal tracks to play at Iowa, I remembered that both of my Stereophile Test CDs has short music tracks on them in addition to test signals and other stuff. While I had played those music tracks before, it had been a long, long time, and when I cued up Lord's Tundra, I just knew it would be a great demo track. All I had to do was settle on which part of the track.
    Paul

Comment

Working...
    X