Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Links to existing DIY speaker designs...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Links to existing DIY speaker designs...

Since it doesn't look like this is going to become a sticky, I'm not going to bother to further update the original post.

Rich doesn't seem to like stickies, which is understandable... stickies can tend to clutter up a forum.

No big deal.
    Form does not follow function
    Form is simultaneous to function

Comment

PE should overhaul their project showcase and clear out the unbuildable projects, or at least archive them.

Then they should link to these sites from their main page, even if they limited links to Dayton based designs, or brands sold by PE.

How could that be bad for business? In the short time I have been on this forum, a steady stream of new builders arrive with questions about some old project on the showcase that has obsolete drivers, or some weird design found on the web. They are, as I was, ignorant of all the great designs out there. It took months of surfing to find the designs I know now. I continually find more. Why make it so hard? PE sells speaker building components, they should show where to put their products.

Comment

several of my designs in my signature below.

this has become one of my favorite speakers to give as gifts... small footprint, people like the tall, narrow design, you can get drivers/filters cost under $50 a pair with the B3N (the tang band's have noticeably better performance than the B3N's, though), and people are always surprised by the bass that can come out of a 3" speaker in a well-designed enclosure. seems like a good project for beginners too. there's a page out there somewhere where someone did a nice comparative analysis of this design with several different full-range drivers.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...threadid=47403
        Last edited by patrickm; 07-27-2011, 01:10 AM.
        TM (RS125/TB25-302), TM RS150S / Vifa BC25SC06, RS150-4 / Vifa ML-TL, 3CR-AL Ultra Budget: Electric Blue TM, TMM, MTM, Dragonflies , Mounties: Mini HT Satellite,sub for minions

Comment

bump!

Comment

Hey Lunchmoney. I spent a good amount of time on my new website. All the driver tests are linked much more clearly now. Could you update the link to www.clearwaveloudspeaker.com ? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Jed K. View Post
              Hey Lunchmoney. I spent a good amount of time on my new website. All the driver tests are linked much more clearly now. Could you update the link to www.clearwaveloudspeaker.com ? Thanks!
              done

Comment

bumpage

Comment

Lunch,

feel free to browse through my listings, who knows what you might find

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~gradds55/diy_webs.htm

I haven't updated it for ages so quite a few of the links may not work. :o
                  If people want to listen to wiggles, that up to them....

I prefer music.

Comment

And Lunch, you should put a link to this thread in your sig. I'm thinking I'll do that, too. Not quite a sticky, but if we can get Brian or Wolf to do it, then it'll be just about as visible as a sticky. :D
                    nothing can stop me now

Comment

Originally posted by lunchmoney View Post
                      Since it doesn't look like this is going to become a sticky, I'm not going to bother to further update the original post.

Rich doesn't seem to like stickies, which is understandable... stickies can tend to clutter up a forum.

No big deal.
                      GOOD! Glad you can confront the issue without dragging everyone else down with you!

Comment

Originally posted by AudioMixer View Post
                        GOOD! Glad you can confront the issue without dragging everyone else down with you!
                        What ever that meant....

Lunch, thanks for the effort to keep this updated. Bookmarked!

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk View Post
                          And Lunch, you should put a link to this thread in your sig. I'm thinking I'll do that, too. Not quite a sticky, but if we can get Brian or Wolf to do it, then it'll be just about as visible as a sticky. :D
                          I would really consider doing that. But I would rather build some type of page on my regular website that posts a list of these sites vs a link back to the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by AudioMixer View Post
                            I have no idea what that means, other than it's consistent with every other post you've ever made: incoherent drivel that p*sses people off.

Comment

What is the HTML jargon for posting a link whereby the link would say "links to existing DIY designs" rather than "www.garbledygook/1247/ahgiuehgiuffs/8937598..."?

Comment

Originally posted by lunchmoney View Post
                                What is the HTML jargon for posting a link whereby the link would say "links to existing DIY designs" rather than "www.garbledygook/1247/ahgiuehgiuffs/8937598..."?
                                [URL-="Some text"]www.garbledygook/1247/ahgiuehgiuffs/8937598[/URL]

take out the - after URL.

Comment

Working...
                                X