Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: Most boring grand slam final ever...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Most boring grand slam final ever...

They're too evenly matched, there's an awkward tension between them, and no one in the stands cares who wins.

Maybe Venus and Serena shouldn't be allowed to play each other any more in finals.

What a snoozer.
    Form does not follow function
    Form is simultaneous to function

Re: OT: Most boring grand slam final ever...

The last tennis match I watched in full was the first one with all that stupid grunting with every swing. Rod Laver never grunted, nor any of the other greats of the game. Now when tennis comes on the tube I switch it off.
    www.billfitzmaurice.com
    www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Comment

I really don't have any interest in watching any tennis match but if the Williams sisters weren't so much better than everyone else, they wouldn't be able to often win, much less end up playing each other in the finals.
      Paul

Originally posted by lunchmoney View Post
      They're too evenly matched, there's an awkward tension between them, and no one in the stands cares who wins.

Maybe Venus and Serena shouldn't be allowed to play each other any more in finals.

What a snoozer.

Comment

You guys are too young to remember the days of wood rackets and serve-and-volley tennis - Laver's era. This was a boring match compared with Serena's semi, but not compared with a big serve followed by a big volley to end the point, over and over and over.... I like today's game, even if Venus and Serena tend to dominate Wimbledon. (It's sad that Rafa got hurt (broke down?), but that makes Federer all the more amazing.)

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by fbov View Post
          You guys are too young to remember the days of wood rackets and serve-and-volley tennis - Laver's era. This was a boring match compared with Serena's semi, but not compared with a big serve followed by a big volley to end the point, over and over and over.... I like today's game, even if Venus and Serena tend to dominate Wimbledon. (It's sad that Rafa got hurt (broke down?), but that makes Federer all the more amazing.)

Frank
          I'm not too old to remember, I was a ballboy for Laver, Newcombe, and Roche in on early 70s exhibition. I do wonder how a mid-20s Laver or Newcombe would do with modern equipment, or Fed with a Kramer Pro Staff. What I am too young for is Pancho Gonzales, I'd really like to have seen him play.
          It is estimated that one percent of the general population are psychopaths - New Criminologist: Understanding Psychopaths

Comment

You got me beat; the best I had was TV....

I'm jealous!

Comment

Working...
            X