Iowa DIY2009 GTG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iowa DIY2009 GTG

Is there going to be a GTG in Grinnell on Friday night before the event? If so, where and when?

Re: Iowa DIY2009 GTG

Dirk and I will be in town on Friday evening as will many others. I believe Doug is in transition housing-wise, so he may not be available to host, but be sure that plenty of folks will be able to get together somewhere...where are you staying?

Comment

Country Inn & Suites

Comment

Taterworks and I will be in hopefully about 7:30pm.
        Save us a seat!?
        Unknown reservation at this time.
        Later,
        Wolf
        "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
        "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
        "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
        "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
        http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
        http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Originally posted by martyh View Post
          Dirk and I will be in town on Friday evening as will many others. I believe Doug is in transition housing-wise, so he may not be available to host, but be sure that plenty of folks will be able to get together somewhere...where are you staying?

You are correct Marty. The family is completely moved but the new house is in a state of remodeling chaos and will be for some time. In the 2 months we have been in the house we have:

removed 4 trees, Plus about 40 trips to the brush dump clearing out the other over-growth in the yard.

installed a new mail electric panel, 200amp (contractor)

A new roof with sky lights, (contractor)

Gutted about 75% of the basement including a bathroom,

painted the sun room, including elastomeric paint on the room to help with solar gain,

In process as of now:

new tile surround for a wood burning stove (had to remove old stove and tile and drywall Etc.)

New furnace and AC in the next week or two. I will install with the help of a friend who does HVAC for a living. (includes ripping out the old boiler Yuck!!)

I agree we should all just meet somewhere and have a bit of dinner and a drink and shoot the *&%$.

Doug
          http://dpeterson.home.mchsi.com/

I just checked and my "give a damn" is broke :D

Comment

Reservations made at Country Inn and will be in 4-6PM. Will attend!

Cheers / Robert

Comment

Is the Country Inn where people are gravitating?
              nothing can stop me now

Comment

Getting ready to book maybe some people can chime in and try to congregate.
                "If you cannot find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it? - Dogen

"Why are you wearing that stupid human suit" - Frank

"We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back" - Roland

Comment

Originally posted by robert View Post
                  Reservations made at Country Inn and will be in 4-6PM. Will attend!

Cheers / Robert
                  Don't forget you GAIN an hour heading west....

It takes me real-8.5 hrs to get to Grinnell, but trip WRT time zones is 7.5 there and 9.5 on the return,
                  Wolf
                  "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                  "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                  "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                  "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                  http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                  http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Yup - just like going home to Oklahoma! This will be a leisurely trip out and "eastbound and down" for the return!

Cheers / Robert

Comment

Dan Neubecker and his BaSSlines are hitching a ride with me and my Marcatos. We are staying at Days Inn and should be arriving by ~5 PM local time.
                      Paul

Comment

I got a room last week at the Super8 for Friday night. But I think most of these motels are pretty close. What were the rates at the Country Inn? Super8 was $75.

Comment

Doug,
                          I really enjoyed you and your family's hospitality for the past GTG at your home and I know you are working hard to get your new home together right now. Therefore, I'd like to thank you by springing for your dinner at the GTG (if you'll let me). Do you have any suggestions as to where would be a good place to meet for the GTG? Maybe we could get a consensus from the others on a time to meet as well.

Comment

Marty and I are all set for the Days on Fri. TEN DAYS!
                            nothing can stop me now

Comment

Country Inn's rates are between $87 to $97 plus tax. Will be arriving around 3 or 4 PM Iowa time.

Comment

Working...
                              X