Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iowa event notes

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Iowa event notes

    Just wanted to remind people of a couple of items since we are getting close to the show.

    1. There will be a GTG at my house on Friday night(16th) from 6 to 9 give or take a little bit. I will post directions on Wednesday in this thread.

    2. There will be a for sale table set up. If you have anything you want to sell (do I have to say the items should be audio related;))

    3. Electronics for the second informal room is being covered in this thread.
    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...d.php?t=213689

    4. There will be no coffee provided this year. Lat year it cost more than the room did so remember to bring your drinks!

    5. I will have my 2 wheeled dolly there to help move things around. If anyone one else has room for one you just might want to bring it along.

    6. It is alumni sports weekend on campus. In years past it has been on the last weekend of fall break. That is one reason I moved the event to the first weekend of fall break, such is life. Of course parking will be at a premium this weekend. You are free to park anywhere on campus don't worry about finding a visitors spot the permits are not enforced on the weekends.

    Doug
    http://dpeterson.home.mchsi.com/

    I just checked and my "give a damn" is broke :D

  • #2
    Re: Iowa event notes

    Originally posted by DougP View Post
    Just wanted to remind people of a couple of items since we are getting close to the show.

    1. There will be a GTG at my house on Friday night(16th) from 6 to 9 give or take a little bit. I will post directions on Wednesday in this thread.

    2. There will be a for sale table set up. If you have anything you want to sell (do I have to say the items should be audio related;))

    3. Electronics for the second informal room is being covered in this thread.
    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...d.php?t=213689

    4. There will be no coffee provided this year. Lat year it cost more than the room did so remember to bring your drinks!

    5. I will have my 2 wheeled dolly there to help move things around. If anyone one else has room for one you just might want to bring it along.

    6. It is alumni sports weekend on campus. In years past it has been on the last weekend of fall break. That is one reason I moved the event to the first weekend of fall break, such is life. Of course parking will be at a premium this weekend. You are free to park anywhere on campus don't worry about finding a visitors spot the permits are not enforced on the weekends.

    Doug
    If we get a ticket- give to you again?

    How's the weather forecast looking?
    Wolf
    "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
    "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
    "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
    "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

    *InDIYana event website*

    Photobucket pages:
    http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

    My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Iowa event notes

      NO COFFEE:eek:

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Iowa event notes

        Doug,

        Will you post a tentative schedule for the day? I may not make the entire day so it would be helpful to know when to hear the speakers I most want to see/hear.

        I see the "entrants & schedule" link on your site but it showeth not the schedule.

        Thanks,
        Marv

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Iowa event notes

          Originally posted by marvin View Post
          Doug,

          Will you post a tentative schedule for the day? I may not make the entire day so it would be helpful to know when to hear the speakers I most want to see/hear.

          I see the "entrants & schedule" link on your site but it showeth not the schedule.

          Thanks,
          Marv
          HI Marvin,
          Try this....

          Given that there is 6 minutes of standard tracks, followed by 5 minutes of select tracks for each entry, then add a little setup time between each and you can extrapolate an estimated schedule...

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Iowa event notes

            Doug,
            Just a thought, we usually do name tags - which is good. We should consider having everyone put their alias on their tags as I for one don't always put a tag with a name with a face...

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Iowa event notes

              am thinking about driving out after work on friday, does anyone want to share a room?
              Last edited by [email protected]; 10-13-2009, 09:16 PM.
              " To me, the soundstage presentation is more about phase and distortion and less about size. However, when you talk about bass extension, there's no replacement for displacement". Tyger23. 4.2015

              Quote Originally Posted by hongrn. Oct 2014
              Do you realize that being an American is like winning the biggest jackpot ever??

              http://www.midwestaudioclub.com/spot...owell-simpson/
              http://s413.photobucket.com/albums/pp216/arlis/

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Iowa event notes

                Originally posted by Wolf View Post
                If we get a ticket- give to you again?

                How's the weather forecast looking?
                Wolf
                Yep if you get a ticket give it to me and I will have it taken care of (This does not apply to parking in a handicapped spot of course)
                Weather as on now says 53 and party cloudy so not bad but not great either.

                Originally posted by nordhaven View Post
                NO COFFEE:eek:
                Last year the coffee bill was well over 100 dollars. It's a college building so am required to use the college catering service.

                Originally posted by marvin View Post
                Doug,

                Will you post a tentative schedule for the day? I may not make the entire day so it would be helpful to know when to hear the speakers I most want to see/hear.

                I see the "entrants & schedule" link on your site but it showeth not the schedule.

                Thanks,
                Marv
                That's true. I am still missing information from a few people so I can't make the schedule yet.

                Originally posted by tpremo55 View Post
                Doug,
                Just a thought, we usually do name tags - which is good. We should consider having everyone put their alias on their tags as I for one don't always put a tag with a name with a face...
                I agree 100%. I will mention it at the registration table this year.

                I also will be posting the prize list on the website tonight.
                Doug
                http://dpeterson.home.mchsi.com/

                I just checked and my "give a damn" is broke :D

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Parking???

                  Just so I understand completely, we can park in any vacant spot, including those with signs indicating they're for employees, for instance, as long as it's not for the handicapped?
                  Paul

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Parking???

                    Originally posted by Paul K. View Post
                    Just so I understand completely, we can park in any vacant spot, including those with signs indicating they're for employees, for instance, as long as it's not for the handicapped?
                    Paul
                    That is correct. There is not a lot of parking on campus. Anytime someone brings up the subject of parking the students and planners have a total fit because a parking lot means getting rid of a green space. I get it but I don't think visitors to the college should have to walk across town to get to an event.
                    Doug
                    http://dpeterson.home.mchsi.com/

                    I just checked and my "give a damn" is broke :D

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Parking???

                      Originally posted by DougP View Post
                      That is correct. There is not a lot of parking on campus. Anytime someone brings up the subject of parking the students and planners have a total fit because a parking lot means getting rid of a green space. I get it but I don't think visitors to the college should have to walk across town to get to an event.
                      Doug
                      What if they painted the asphalt GREEN?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Iowa event notes

                        Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                        am thinking about driving out after work on friday, does anyone want to share a room?

                        anyone?
                        " To me, the soundstage presentation is more about phase and distortion and less about size. However, when you talk about bass extension, there's no replacement for displacement". Tyger23. 4.2015

                        Quote Originally Posted by hongrn. Oct 2014
                        Do you realize that being an American is like winning the biggest jackpot ever??

                        http://www.midwestaudioclub.com/spot...owell-simpson/
                        http://s413.photobucket.com/albums/pp216/arlis/

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Parking???

                          Originally posted by tpremo55 View Post
                          What if they painted the asphalt GREEN?
                          Only if it is low VOC paint and doesn't interfere with the mating habits of the rats with tales (squirrels) that the students seem to love so much;)

                          Anyway the Prize list is posted. It looks like the sponsors are going for quality over quantity this year. Thanks for taking care of this Jason.

                          The people listed below need to let me know what they are bringing to the show as soon as possible. I would hate to have to give your spot away.

                          SpasticTeaPot

                          John Cz

                          Shawn A.

                          Paul C.

                          Brian P.


                          Thanks
                          Doug
                          http://dpeterson.home.mchsi.com/

                          I just checked and my "give a damn" is broke :D

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Parking???

                            Originally posted by DougP View Post
                            Only if it is low VOC paint and doesn't interfere with the mating habits of the rats with tales (squirrels) that the students seem to love so much;)

                            Anyway the Prize list is posted. It looks like the sponsors are going for quality over quantity this year. Thanks for taking care of this Jason.

                            The people listed below need to let me know what they are bringing to the show as soon as possible. I would hate to have to give your spot away.

                            SpasticTeaPot

                            John Cz

                            Shawn A.

                            Paul C.

                            Brian P.


                            Thanks
                            Doug
                            Shawn did post that he's bringing the "Arpeggios" in a reponse to you earlier. I believe he sent the info??
                            Later,
                            Wolf
                            "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                            "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                            "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                            "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

                            *InDIYana event website*

                            Photobucket pages:
                            http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

                            My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                            http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Parking???

                              Originally posted by Wolf View Post
                              Shawn did post that he's bringing the "Arpeggios" in a reponse to you earlier. I believe he sent the info??
                              Later,
                              Wolf
                              If he put it in a post I must have missed it. I just checked my PM's and the last response was that he was still unsure about what project was going to make it.
                              Doug
                              http://dpeterson.home.mchsi.com/

                              I just checked and my "give a damn" is broke :D

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X