Announcement

Collapse

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts! Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project. We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well! Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans. We hope to see you this summer! Vivian and Jill
See more
See less

Willing to do some modeling for the Tang Band W6-789E 6.5" midbass (BF Specials)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Willing to do some modeling for the Tang Band W6-789E 6.5" midbass (BF Specials)

Somebody in another thread was raving about this woofer, how many folks made one of these speakers? Still enjoying them?

And back to our previous somewhat off-topic discussions on page five w/Pete, DLR, and J - what do you think of this post?: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/multi...ml#post2253192
    "...this is not a subwoofer" - Jeff Bagby ;)

Comment

• Re: Willing to do some modeling for the Tang Band W6-789E 6.5" midbass (BF Specials)

Is There an Impedance Equalization circuit need for this speaker since being in parallel in the MTM

Comment

Originally posted by critofur View Post
        Somebody in another thread was raving about this woofer, how many folks made one of these speakers? Still enjoying them?

And back to our previous somewhat off-topic discussions on page five w/Pete, DLR, and J - what do you think of this post?: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/multi...ml#post2253192
        I have been enjoying the MT version of these with the SB29 all year as my main music speaker. Now I am seriously considering the JKims MTM design for L/C/R HT duty.

Would it be to much to hope for another great deal on the 789 like last year? Come on PE! I need 6 of em!
        My projects
        https://picasaweb.google.com/112307725038877176664

Comment

I'm glad to hear you are pleased with them, especially after living with them for so long. I hope to finally build one of these designs after the holidays, but need to get rid of some other speakers first. Did you make any changes to the crossovers?
          Co-conspirator in the development of the "CR Gnarly Fidelity Reduction Unit" - Registered Trademark, Patent Pending.

Comment

Yes I did. I will dig up my documentation to list exactly what. (it was 10 months ago!)

I am also going to pad the tweeter a bit more this weekend.
            My projects
            https://picasaweb.google.com/112307725038877176664

Comment

There is a commercial system out there using an MTM arrangement with a B&G Neo 3 that sounded very nice. I believe they are in a quarter wave cabinet. I was surprised at the bass since someone had said not to expect too much. They sounded clear, fast and deep.
              Last edited by billcurrier; 12-09-2010, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ckmoore View Post
                Yes I did. I will dig up my documentation to list exactly what. (it was 10 months ago!)

I am also going to pad the tweeter a bit more this weekend.
                Thanks! I'll be interested to see what you changed. I grabbed 4 of these woofers when they were on sale and have yet to hear anything but glowing reviews of them. But that makes me wonder why we don't see them used more by folks here on the PE forum.
                Co-conspirator in the development of the "CR Gnarly Fidelity Reduction Unit" - Registered Trademark, Patent Pending.

Comment

I`m dragging this one back to life. I have decided after a long lay off to have a go at these MTM`s and am wondering if anyone has built any yet? I would also like to thank Jay for his hard work in providing these designs for us poor crossover incapable folks!Please let me know if you have tried these designs.

Comment

I built the MTM with the SB tweeter in the 2 cu ft version for someone that didn't want a sub. I did not want to give them up. I'm picking up some more woofers from Blair tomorrow & will be building me a set to keep. BTW, Stereo Clarity uses the W6-789 in a commercial design with the BG Neo3 that is quite nice also.

http://www.stereoclarity.com/home-of...o/clarity-2-5/
                    Attached Files
                    Audiophiles listen to the equipment, not the music.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Henry View Post
                      I built the MTM with the SB tweeter in the 2 cu ft version for someone that didn't want a sub. I did not want to give them up. I'm picking up some more woofers from Blair tomorrow & will be building me a set to keep. BTW, Stereo Clarity uses the W6-789 in a commercial design with the BG Neo3 that is quite nice also.

http://www.stereoclarity.com/home-of...o/clarity-2-5/
                      Hey thanks for the reply. Thats good news. I am going to build a pair then and ill post a pic when finished. I think i`m going to use the vifa tweeter as funds are tight.

Comment

Working...
                      X