• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LouC
    replied
    Re: OT: Roll Tide!

Originally posted by rogoll View Post
    ... One year Alabama was a national champion before it had completed all of its games. I don't fully understand how it all came about, but when you're in Alabama, just remember it's 13.;)
    I remember driving from Atlanta to Troy on a Saturday morning. The Alabama-Auburn game was that evening. Never saw so many flags, banners, shotguns and pickups in my life. I happened to be driving a bright red rental car, took a razzing from every third Auburn fan on the road.

Enjoyed reading the police blotter the next day to see the number of assaults, shootings & DUI's that resulted. Don't remember who won...

Folks in Alabama take their football very seriously!:eek:

Leave a comment:

• benhinkle711
    replied

, but when you're in Alabama, just remember it's 13.;)
    LOL, thanks for the advice I'll remember it on my next trip to AL.

Leave a comment:

• jerryanderson
    replied

This game will fade from BCS memory! What a bore!!:rolleyes:

Leave a comment:

• rogoll
    replied

Originally posted by benhinkle711 View Post
    Please note that I also don't have a dog in the hunt but I gotta say Alabama didn't play very well last night. That game should have been 45-21, or higher with Texas having a freshman quarterback and playing horribly for two quarters. The SEC's vaunted speed and strength wasn't readily apparent last night. ;) Texas' defense gave them fits. But in the end I'm glad they won and I'm glad to see a state that needed the win get it. Also it's 8 National Championships (if McCoy had been in that game it would be 7.) . Congrats.
    Yeah, we definitely were not playing as well as we should have been, and yes, I'm afraid the outcome might have been very differnt if McCoy was in the entire game. It doesn't sound good concerning his arm...no feeling, "like I had slept on it".:( The freshman quarterback did pretty well once he got in his groove. That is an experience that will be with him forever.

There are different ways of counting the number of championships, and my son agrees with the 8. Back in the 30's (or maybe 40's) they awarded "championships" using some weird kind of a voting mechanism. One year Alabama was a national champion before it had completed all of its games. I don't fully understand how it all came about, but when you're in Alabama, just remember it's 13.;)

Leave a comment:

• Paul K.
    replied
    Re: OT: Roll Tide!--It was a hollow victory!

Alabama should have easily won with Texas losing their starting quarterback. The Alabama players shouldn't be patting themselves on their backs all that much.
    Paul

Leave a comment:

• benhinkle711
    replied

So, who all's watching the chamionship game? It's looking nice for Alabama's 13th National Championship. That would be a nice end to an otherwise pathetic year for our state.
    Please note that I also don't have a dog in the hunt but I gotta say Alabama didn't play very well last night. That game should have been 45-21, or higher with Texas having a freshman quarterback and playing horribly for two quarters. The SEC's vaunted speed and strength wasn't readily apparent last night. ;) Texas' defense gave them fits. But in the end I'm glad they won and I'm glad to see a state that needed the win get it. Also it's 8 National Championships (if McCoy had been in that game it would be 7.) . Congrats.

Leave a comment:

• arlis_1957@yahoo.com
    replied

go hawkeyes:D

Leave a comment:

• Steve Henry
    replied

A couple of tense moments there. I know McCoy is disappointed, but he's got a good future to look forward to. All the players, on both sides, should feel great having made it to this game, regardless of the outcome.

There are a few counties here in Alabama with greater than 25% unemployment (and I'm part of that statistic). This is a nice moral booster.
    Quickly find or start a t-shirt/sweatshirt screenprinter. You'll be busy for at least a year.

Leave a comment:

• rogoll
    replied

A couple of tense moments there. I know McCoy is disappointed, but he's got a good future to look forward to. All the players, on both sides, should feel great having made it to this game, regardless of the outcome.

There are a few counties here in Alabama with greater than 25% unemployment (and I'm part of that statistic). This is a nice moral booster.

Leave a comment:

• scid714
    replied

go tide

Leave a comment:

• robwest
    replied

Wow, post game interview, McCoy says he has no feeling in his arm... hope its temporary.

Leave a comment:

• Mark65
    replied

Looking good, Leonard!

Mark

Leave a comment:

• srvy
    replied

I had no Dog in the hunt but the injury right off the bat to McCoy made the game a bore to me and im very disinterested. what a shame was looking forward to it too.

Leave a comment:

• rogoll
    replied

Yeah, you know it's a big disappointment, but with a pro future, you don't want to risk a more serious injury.

Leave a comment:

• robwest
    replied

Go Bama!

Would have been nice to see McCoy play the game, though.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X