Announcement

Collapse

Columbus Day Sale

Extended One More Day! Columbus Day Sale at Parts Express! 10/15/19 Click the Parts Express Logo at the top left of this page.
See more
See less

Flex Your PCD Mettle:

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• donprice
    replied
    Re: Flex Your PCD Mettle:

If the combined response is less than the woofer alone, try reversing the polarity on the HF driver.

You need a really big room to measure 300 Hz...don't worry about it.

Leave a comment:

• stgdz
    replied

So I seem to have run into a problem with my econo wave mutant 10e surround.

I substituted the dayton 10 pro woofer for the 10e and used the 152i waveguide instead of the round one.

I got around to measuring it because I just wasn't hearing a midrange with them. Turns out I was rite
    Woofer

Both combined

Note this is in my basement and using a rat shack meter but it got some decent results.

So the upper range looks fine and rolls off around 2k but the woofer looks like it rolls off around 300. I used the same crossover as the 10e, any idea why its not crossing at 2k on the woofer?

Leave a comment:

• phred593
    replied
    Re: EconoWave Crossover in PCD:

Originally posted by Zilch View Post
    Model the highpass as 4th order:

1) C9 & L9 are the core filter,
    2) C10 is 1000 uF; lower that to something real for true 3rd order, if required,
    3) L10 is 0 mH, E-Wave's R2 goes into its DCR as R14
    4) In series after the HP filter gets E-Wave's C1, R1 as "Parallel RC Contour Filter" C11, R15,
    5) The L-pad at 1:00 is already in the HF driver.frd.

Thus, the full range of Wayne Parham's crossover topology may be modeled in PCD. Make the lowpass 3rd order, if required, add a Zobel, damping resistor in series with C2, whatever is desired.

I think Pete uses a different approach, but that's how I do it....
    Thank you very much Zilch!

Leave a comment:

• bwaslo
    replied

I have some inside connections. They have a sample of the waveguide in hand (from me), and are looking into the possibility of sourcing the waveguides directly from QSC. No word yet on whether that will work.

Leave a comment:

• Zilch
    replied

I have inquired, but do not have a direct communication path to whoever's doing it there....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X