Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Flex Your PCD Mettle:

Originally posted by teddytusen View Post
    Hi. I would like to go from active Econowaves to passive, and I want to try the standard HE crossover. Is there a BOM somewhere, maybe with links to the parts at PE?
    Have a look at the first page. Zilch was thoughtful enough to link the project to the first few posts, along with schematics.
    R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio
    Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
    "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

I might very well be blind Pete, but I cant see a BOM for the crossover for woofers with high sencivity (above 95db) there... I dont have any of the woofers in the list either. I use the Eminence Beta 12A.

Comment

Originally posted by teddytusen View Post
        I might very well be blind Pete, but I cant see a BOM for the crossover for woofers with high sencivity (above 95db) there... I dont have any of the woofers in the list either. I use the Eminence Beta 12A.
        I believe that all the tweeters are coupled with L-pads so that they can be adjusted to various woofers.
        R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio
        Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
        "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

has anyone found a cheaper compression driver to replace the D220T? There have been a number of new and smaller drivers out there

Comment

Originally posted by djnagle View Post
            has anyone found a cheaper compression driver to replace the D220T? There have been a number of new and smaller drivers out there
            The D220T is pretty inexpensive but there is a new and cheaper version that takes the same diaphragm assembly the D202Ti, personally I would be looking toward the CDX1-1446 for $1 more.
            Regards,
            Dan

Comment

DIYSoundgroup has a Denovo DNA-150 CD that may work well, but will need a crossover redesign.

Comment

I'll experiment some with new compression drivers, but the Selenium and B&C are working out very well. Anyone still printing PC boards? I can't stop building. lol

Comment

Working...
                X