Announcement

Collapse

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts! Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project. We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well! Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans. We hope to see you this summer! Vivian and Jill
See more
See less

Flex Your PCD Mettle:

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Flex Your PCD Mettle:

Originally posted by teddytusen View Post
    Hi. I would like to go from active Econowaves to passive, and I want to try the standard HE crossover. Is there a BOM somewhere, maybe with links to the parts at PE?
    Have a look at the first page. Zilch was thoughtful enough to link the project to the first few posts, along with schematics.
    R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio

Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
    "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

I might very well be blind Pete, but I cant see a BOM for the crossover for woofers with high sencivity (above 95db) there... I dont have any of the woofers in the list either. I use the Eminence Beta 12A.

Comment

Originally posted by teddytusen View Post
        I might very well be blind Pete, but I cant see a BOM for the crossover for woofers with high sencivity (above 95db) there... I dont have any of the woofers in the list either. I use the Eminence Beta 12A.
        I believe that all the tweeters are coupled with L-pads so that they can be adjusted to various woofers.
        R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio

Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
        "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

has anyone found a cheaper compression driver to replace the D220T? There have been a number of new and smaller drivers out there

Comment

Originally posted by djnagle View Post
            has anyone found a cheaper compression driver to replace the D220T? There have been a number of new and smaller drivers out there
            The D220T is pretty inexpensive but there is a new and cheaper version that takes the same diaphragm assembly the D202Ti, personally I would be looking toward the CDX1-1446 for $1 more.
            Regards,
            Dan

Comment

DIYSoundgroup has a Denovo DNA-150 CD that may work well, but will need a crossover redesign.

Comment

I'll experiment some with new compression drivers, but the Selenium and B&C are working out very well. Anyone still printing PC boards? I can't stop building. lol

Comment

Working...
                X