Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flex Your PCD Mettle:

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Econowave Delite 10





    http://www.loudspeakersplus.com/prod...?specific=1602







    Attached Files
    Last edited by Zilch; 04-20-2010, 05:23 AM.

    Comment


    • Re: Flex Your PCD Mettle:

      Doesn't get much better for $370.00 if you ask me.

      Comment


      • Re: Flex Your PCD Mettle:

        Originally posted by Mayhem13 View Post
        Doesn't get much better for $370.00 if you ask me.
        No doubt. Nice setup indeed. Smooooth.
        R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio
        Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

        95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
        "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

        Comment


        • Re: Flex Your PCD Mettle:

          Loading up for tomorrow's NorCal DIY Econowave Standard vs. Deluxe shootout, both designed in this thread.

          Can we call it from the data?

          Here's the FRs:




          The Wavelets:






          And the CSDs:



          Attached Files

          Comment


          • Re: Flex Your PCD Mettle:

            Nice documentation Zilch,
            IMO CSD's are another rather revealing visual reference worth adding if you've got those available.
            Regards,
            Dan

            Comment


            • Re: Flex Your PCD Mettle:

              Originally posted by NEO Dan View Post
              Nice documentation Zilch,
              IMO CSD's are another rather revealing visual reference worth adding if you've got those available.
              Done, above.

              [Did the odds change in Vegas? :p ]

              Comment


              • Re: Flex Your PCD Mettle:

                If less decay dictates SQ then the deluxe is the winner.

                So much more goes into SQ though but well done Zilch, I'm excited about reading the real conclusions.

                Comment


                • Re: Flex Your PCD Mettle:

                  Sorry, why are the upside down?
                  No matter where you go, there you are.
                  Website

                  Comment


                  • Re: Flex Your PCD Mettle:

                    Originally posted by gowa View Post
                    Sorry, why are the upside down?
                    He only runs them that way for measurement ease.

                    Hey Zilch, any word on attempts to drop the RS28F into a waveguide?
                    R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio
                    Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

                    95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
                    "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

                    Comment


                    • Re: Flex Your PCD Mettle:

                      Hey Zilch, any word on attempts to drop the RS28F into a waveguide?
                      I have the 10" round QSC 122i waveguides and the drivers, now; just need to get to the shop and part them down to some throat diameter, which it'd be good if I figured out what that should be first. ;)

                      I'm going to put them in Delite 10 first with the stock Celestion compression drivers for another round of PCD mettling so we have that as a baseline for performance comparison....

                      Comment


                      • Re: Flex Your PCD Mettle:

                        Originally posted by Zilch View Post
                        I have the 10" round QSC 122i waveguides and the drivers, now; just need to get to the shop and part them down to some throat diameter, which it'd be good if I figured out what that should be first. ;)

                        I'm going to put them in Delite 10 first with the stock Celestion compression drivers for another round of PCD mettling so we have that as a baseline for performance comparison....
                        Looking very forward to that!!!!
                        R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio
                        Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

                        95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
                        "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

                        Comment


                        • Re: Flex Your PCD Mettle:

                          Me too! I'd be even happier if there was a 93db dome in the works. Penn has loaned me his SB29 and i'm working on an interface with epoxy and fiberglass chop. First attempt was machinable but doesn't hold a screw well. Second attempt will have embedded brass threaded inserts cast into the interface. Just finishing the jig to pre-align everything before casting. The RS28 should play low and clean but i suspect it won't play loud enough for the Deltalight.....padding a pro woofer doesn't seem like a sensible solution, at least IMO. High sensitivity being what it is and all...................

                          Comment


                          • Re: Flex Your PCD Mettle:

                            Originally posted by Mayhem13 View Post
                            Me too! I'd be even happier if there was a 93db dome in the works. Penn has loaned me his SB29 and i'm working on an interface with epoxy and fiberglass chop. First attempt was machinable but doesn't hold a screw well. Second attempt will have embedded brass threaded inserts cast into the interface. Just finishing the jig to pre-align everything before casting. The RS28 should play low and clean but i suspect it won't play loud enough for the Deltalight.....padding a pro woofer doesn't seem like a sensible solution, at least IMO. High sensitivity being what it is and all...................
                            After hearing DoubleTap's OB with a SEAS Excel 8" mid and waveguide loaded tweeter . . . well, high sensitivity just doesn't seem that important anymore. :D

                            Besides, the Deluxe version doesn't have that high a sensitivity, and a robust dome tweeter might have all the performance needed. If the RS28F is loaded well by the waveguide, it could make a low cost/high performance alternative to the pro compression tweeter.

                            I'd think the DX25, SB29, might be good candidates though. Wolf likes the DX25 above 2000Hz, but I'd wager it would do much better in a waveguide and probably reach 1000Hz pretty nicely.
                            R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio
                            Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

                            95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
                            "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

                            Comment


                            • Re: Flex Your PCD Mettle:

                              After hearing DoubleTap's OB with a SEAS Excel 8" mid and waveguide loaded tweeter . . . well, high sensitivity just doesn't seem that important anymore. :D

                              Besides, the Deluxe version doesn't have that high a sensitivity, and a robust dome tweeter might have all the performance needed. If the RS28F is loaded well by the waveguide, it could make a low cost/high performance alternative to the pro compression tweeter.

                              I'd think the DX25, SB29, might be good candidates though. Wolf likes the DX25 above 2000Hz, but I'd wager it would do much better in a waveguide and probably reach 1000Hz pretty nicely.

                              After seeing the measurements recently of the RS28F (Curt C's Aviatrix build) Im really curious to see what a waveguide would do with it.

                              Does anyone know how much a waveguide increases the SPL ?

                              Im also excited to get back Mayhem's work for some measurements.

                              Comment


                              • Re: Flex Your PCD Mettle:

                                Originally posted by penngray View Post
                                After seeing the measurements recently of the RS28F (Curt C's Aviatrix build) Im really curious to see what a waveguide would do with it.

                                Does anyone know how much a waveguide increases the SPL ?

                                Im also excited to get back Mayhem's work for some measurements.
                                The waveguide doesn't increase SPL appreciably at the high end of the spectrum. A well matched waveguide will cause the output to rise smoothly as you move down in frequency, and at some point determined by overall geometry and size, the waveguide will no longer cause output to increase.

                                You're basically stuck with the baseline sensitivity of the tweeter in question.
                                R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio
                                Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

                                95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
                                "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X