Announcement

Collapse

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts! Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project. We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well! Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans. We hope to see you this summer! Vivian and Jill
See more
See less

Flex Your PCD Mettle:

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Flex It Round #3.1 - EconoWave Delite 10e:

Originally posted by A9X View Post
    Looking forward to seeing how this comes out. What CD are you using?
    The one QSC uses with it:

http://professional.celestion.com/pr...etail.asp?ID=3

Comment

• Re: Flex Your PCD Mettle:

FRDs below.
      Attached Files

Comment

ZMAs:
        Attached Files

Comment

Zilch,

Is it my imagination or is the build that you did with the XT1086 / DE250 combo still the best? I just went looking thru the thread to confirm my suspicion but didn't find the post where you tested it.

Comment

I didn't get around to trying the BMS 4550 and 4552nd on the XT1086, but will get back to that. Clearly, that horn/waveguide played the flattest of all of these builds using DE250, but if I had to choose, my favorite is still eWave Deluxe.

Constant directivity is the defining characteristic of all of them, and once they're playing with equivalent frequency response, differences in how the high frequencies sound are subtle. There's a very real sense in which all eWaves sound alike once the basics are in place and "normalized."

Total system voicing depends more on what woofer is used in combination, its low-frequency extension and midrange clarity. Disconnect the woofers, and it's surprising how little the waveguides are actually contributing, but that is hugely important with respect to the sonic character, as it's controlling the interaction with the listening space....

Comment

Zilch, what is the mic distance and driver placement relative to the mic location?

I'm getting ready to PCD it and would like to get the vertical offsets from the mic location so I can see if I can pull out the Z offset from your published data.

Thanks
              R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio

Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
              "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

Once again, awesome guys!!

Zilch, why did you choose to 1425 over the 1745? The 1745 would have been easier to manage down low.

Comment

Ooops, mic distance 44", c/c = 10" (I'll confirm that), and all measurements from midway between woofer and waveguide centers.

Hi, Penn. 1425 because that's what QSC uses in 122i, no?

[It's also cheaper.... :D ]

Comment

One last question.

What's the opening diameter of the WG?

Looks like the woofer acoustic center is about 40mm in front of the WG acoustic center.
                    R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio

Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

"Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

Very cool, boys.
                      http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/14/bu...html?src=busln

http://mixonline.com/mag/audio_new_york_metro_46/

Comment

Originally posted by Zilch View Post
                        Ooops, mic distance 44", c/c = 10" (I'll confirm that), and all measurements from midway between woofer and waveguide centers.

Is there any more available from that tweeter? I'd sure like to see just a tad more output from it on the top end. Sure would make tweaking the response a bit easier.

Comment

One last question.

What's the opening diameter of the WG?

Looks like the woofer acoustic center is about 40mm in front of the WG acoustic center.
                          1" throat on the compression driver/waveguide.

First shot at Z is delta 62 mm from the measured inverse null location.

Comment

Are you padding the tweeter with the L-pad to that level? Can you set it for just a tad more output at the high end?

Comment

Yes and yes; we can probably grab as much as 1.5 dB more. It's set at 1:00, and up to 3:00 would be fine.

C/c distance is 10.6875".

For wavelet heads:
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Zilch View Post

Yeah, the 1425 is what is in the 122i, the 1745 is in the 152i but the 1745 fits the 122i waveguide also and I remember it being maybe $10 more for a better response.

I will ship you the 1745 if you guys wanted to switch? btw, I just received some Radian 745Bs so I have a new build with rear-mounted woofers, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X