X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lennon_68
    replied
    Re: Flex Your PCD Mettle:

I'm currently running something very similar to the EWave Deluxe with B&C DE500 on a QSC 152i (is that right? the one everyone's using) over an AE TD15M in an active setup.

I don't have much experience with crossovers though and am always tweaking something here and there. Right now I'm crossing LR24 at 1.2kHz. I was wondering if someone could help me translate the crossover for the EWave Deluxe to what I would input on my Behringer DCX2496 to try out? Maybe even just the filters to smooth the CD out actually (I'm not very confident I'm using the appropriate filters to compensate for the waveguide)?

I had also considered building the passive XO for the EWave Deluxe but wasn't sure what to build. The main posts has two links for the Deluxe one around page 2 that eventually has a very simple XO posted by Pete and then one to a post much later with a much more complex XO?

Any input would be greatly appreciated

Leave a comment:

• ontariomaximus
    replied

I am leaning toward a separate amp for main speakers and subs now. The new Crown Drivecore amps are very inexpensive and have 24db LR filters built in, so I am thinking Ewave mini down to 100hz then maybe a tapped horn for 35 to 100hz. I just have to research some plans.

But I plan on building a few different subs.

Leave a comment:

• Skywave-Rider
    replied

Randy,
    The ".5" woofer should be exactly the same as the main woofer, otherwise it may not sum correctly when both woofers are playing together to buttress the low-end range. So, you'd need a pair of the Beta 8As per speaker to do it.

Leave a comment:

• ontariomaximus
    replied

After spending a good 7 hours reading this thread over 2 days, I am jumping in with the e-wave mini...Beta 8A, D220ti, and HM17-25.
    Just ordered some of the parts.

I think this could be become the basis of a real hi-end system if I can turn it into a 2.5 way. The .5 woofer being a 12" or 15".

Could even consider the "single sheet challenge" tapped horn over at diyforum for the .5 (using the Kappalite 3015LF)

Maybe a transmission line with a Delta 15LF. Who knows?

Will keep ya posted.

Randy

Leave a comment:

• Mayhem13
    replied

Originally posted by MSaturn View Post
    This thread is absurdly long.
    Yeah...i say we contact the Mods to lock it and start another MT 2way with a 1" dome tweeter.:rolleyes:

Leave a comment:

• Skywave-Rider
    replied

I am sure he's refining 12 projects, and planning a dozen more.

That guy is missed when he's not around.

Leave a comment:

• Erich H
    replied

Anyone hear from Zilch lately? It seems like a while since he's posted anywhere. I hope he's doing okay.

Maybe he's on vacation or went to China to get one of those fancy JBL or QSC wave guides duplicated. :D

Leave a comment:

• NEO Dan
    replied

58 pages is nothing considering the thread covers what would be a >12 speaker designs.

Leave a comment:

• datranz
    replied
    Re: EconoWave 4x / JBL 228H

[QUOTE=muzikal-jrne;1703315]
    Originally posted by Zilch View Post

Zilch, did you ever come up with a crossover design for the Econowave 4x with the JBL 228H woofer and Selenium D2500Ti as shown in the left speaker of this picture? I know JBL has a crossover schematic for the AC18/95 here:

http://www.jblproservice.com/pdf/AE%.../AC1895-WH.pdf

but that is with the JBL compression driver and such.

This EconoWave combo appears to be a great design for a relatively compact reference level Home Theater/ Music speaker. (With the assistance of appropriate sub-woofage of course :D )

Cheers, Joe
    +1, i am most interest in this compact build, more info please.

Leave a comment:

• stgdz
    replied

I believe the regular deluxe delivers the best SQ.

Leave a comment:

• smt
    replied

by "top performer" I am referring to SQ. Which version of the deluxe econowave has the best SQ?

Leave a comment:

• stgdz
    replied

Originally posted by smt View Post
    Is their a definitive top performer of the EconoWave combinations to date?
    Define top performer, if SQ it is the deluxe is the best, if output the HP is the best, if bang for the buck the SR is the best.

So did zilch go visit his friends at stanford?

Leave a comment:

• smt
    replied

Is their a definitive top performer of the EconoWave combinations to date?

Leave a comment:

• blvdre
    replied

Well sure, if you don't know what the definition of "absurd" is.

Leave a comment:

• MSaturn
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X