X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tmhutson
    replied
    Re: Flex Your PCD Mettle:

I just tried to install WinPCD. My old POS laptop doesn't have enough memory, and I am not in the mood to delete files. I just need a new computer. :D
    My PC is full as well.
    I will stick with PCD7 for now.

Leave a comment:

• killa
    replied

Originally posted by nikkoluvr View Post
    so, WINPCD is exactly the same but doesn't need Excel to run, and is faster? Wow, I just purchased Office 2007 to install on my machine just so I can run PCD. Luckily I didn't open the package yet
    nikkolur
    There are a couple minor differences but they work the same as far as how you input the files and enter the xo parts. The main system graph is different in that it is in a seperate window as are the circuit layout and a couple other things. This can get crowded on a smaller screen but I got use to it. If I had a higher resolution on my old laptop this might not be a issue. You should definately try it before spending money on office. Don't forget that there are other tools that use office though.

Leave a comment:

• nikkoluvr
    replied

so, WINPCD is exactly the same but doesn't need Excel to run, and is faster? Wow, I just purchased Office 2007 to install on my machine just so I can run PCD. Luckily I didn't open the package yet
    nikkolur

Leave a comment:

• tmhutson
    replied

I will download it and look at it later. If it's faster, that is good. I keep getting stupid security warnings every time I open pcd. So annoying. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• killa
    replied

I use winpcd which is the same as pcd except the fact that that it doesn't run on office and is faster. It actually has a schematic that shows the parts and where they are as you enter them.

Leave a comment:

• tmhutson
    replied

I found the schematic when I first opened it. I had obligations today so no speaker fun today.
    Thanks for the reply. I am proficient at MS paint, so can show where my stupidity is as far as PCD is concerned... :D

Leave a comment:

• Pete Schumacher
    replied

Originally posted by tmhutson View Post
    I am planning on buying new woofers to go with my seos12/CD and a matching crossover to have the best sound I can afford and for the type of sound I want.

Until that time, I am playing around with some Cerwin Vega woofers to see if I can learn how to use PCD7 and some of the more technical side of passive crossover design.
    I have gotten to a point where I am about to start entering data into PCD7 and am looking for willing participants to help me learn to enter the parameters on PCD7 as I see it on a crossover schematic. I am still new to crossover design and have reach a point where I need more help.

I am using a generic econowave crossover, and not sure how to enter the values into pcd as I see them on a diagram/schematic. I have other designs I want to try out while also learning to play around with other options. I can't do that until I more knowledgeable on PCD.
    I have opened frd files for woofer and tweeter, and played a little bit with basic crossover points. But I don't know the more complex stuff like notch filters and what not.
    Even if I saw a schematic for a filter, I don't know how to enter it into PCD.

I have been reading papers and what not by Wayne Parham and others that have direct experience with compression drivers. Some of the speak is a little too technical for me, but have still learned a lot from the info.

I guess I just need help with applying information on PCD7 now.
    I read as much as I could find the last couple of days or so specific to compression drivers, and feel I am ready to start diving into PCD7 with some help. I am more of a hands on type learning, and need some computer time on PCD.

Here is a link to my current project. I can provide ZMA and FRD files if need be.

http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...stalled-SEOS12

These woofers are only ok compared to a higher quality, high efficiency woofer like the deltalite II 2512 (the CV is similar to a Dayton Classic). But they will help me learn.
    Thanks to anyone who read this. :D
    Todd
    PCD does have a schematic diagram to which you can refer.

Post a shot of the "generic econowave crossover" and we can post a few screen shots of the way it would look in PCD.

Leave a comment:

• tmhutson
    replied

I am planning on buying new woofers to go with my seos12/CD and a matching crossover to have the best sound I can afford and for the type of sound I want.

Until that time, I am playing around with some Cerwin Vega woofers to see if I can learn how to use PCD7 and some of the more technical side of passive crossover design.
    I have gotten to a point where I am about to start entering data into PCD7 and am looking for willing participants to help me learn to enter the parameters on PCD7 as I see it on a crossover schematic. I am still new to crossover design and have reach a point where I need more help.

I am using a generic econowave crossover, and not sure how to enter the values into pcd as I see them on a diagram/schematic. I have other designs I want to try out while also learning to play around with other options. I can't do that until I more knowledgeable on PCD.
    I have opened frd files for woofer and tweeter, and played a little bit with basic crossover points. But I don't know the more complex stuff like notch filters and what not.
    Even if I saw a schematic for a filter, I don't know how to enter it into PCD.

I have been reading papers and what not by Wayne Parham and others that have direct experience with compression drivers. Some of the speak is a little too technical for me, but have still learned a lot from the info.

I guess I just need help with applying information on PCD7 now.
    I read as much as I could find the last couple of days or so specific to compression drivers, and feel I am ready to start diving into PCD7 with some help. I am more of a hands on type learning, and need some computer time on PCD.

Here is a link to my current project. I can provide ZMA and FRD files if need be.

http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...stalled-SEOS12

These woofers are only ok compared to a higher quality, high efficiency woofer like the deltalite II 2512 (the CV is similar to a Dayton Classic). But they will help me learn.
    Thanks to anyone who read this. :D
    Todd
    Last edited by tmhutson; 01-07-2014, 03:11 AM. Reason: grammaticals

Leave a comment:

• HeartFixr
    replied

Very accurate fidelity but will be building subwoofer with AE TD-15H and a pair of passive radiators. The BMS compression driver and the waveguide are amazing.

Leave a comment:

• donprice
    replied

Nice choice of components. So how do you like the sound?

Leave a comment:

• HeartFixr
    replied

Stuffing is covering the crossover and the sides are lined with acoustic foam.

Leave a comment:

• Pete Schumacher
    replied

Originally posted by HeartFixr View Post
    Econowave Altec 414-8B project is finished at last. Hopefully a speaker that Zilch would have approved. A modest homage to the amazing man. Also, thanks to Pete Schumacher and NeoDan for their patience.

http://imgur.com/a/23UkU#AoJ2drN
    Nice looking enclosure!

Do you have any stuffing inside? You really should add some if you don't have any. Standing waves will form without it. If you can attach a few wads onto that center brace, the mids will likely clear up even further.

Leave a comment:

• HeartFixr
    replied

Econowave Altec 414-8B project is finished at last. Hopefully a speaker that Zilch would have approved. A modest homage to the amazing man. Also, thanks to Pete Schumacher and NeoDan for their patience.

Leave a comment:

• HeartFixr
    replied

http://imgur.com/a/23UkU#AoJ2drN

Leave a comment:

• donprice
    replied

Nicely done, Sir!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X