• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• badman
    replied
    Re: Flex Your PCD Mettle:

Originally posted by Zilch View Post
    NO! No custom PMs!

Y'all have to get off this "Zilch'll design my speaks for me" thing -- that's not what's happening. This is DIY, and I am merely an enabler.

There is a process here, and they have to go through that.

I will probably use D2500Ti in the buyout builds, tho....
    Not really what I was asking... was hoping for an extra datapoint, I'm a practiced designer in my own right. I first mentioned the horn in the context of Econowave, about a year ago....

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/sho...postcount=8747

Leave a comment:

• Zilch
    replied

NO! No custom PMs!

Y'all have to get off this "Zilch'll design my speaks for me" thing -- that ain't what's happening. This is DIY, and I am merely an enabler.

There is a process here, and they have to go through that.

I will probably use D2500Ti in the buyout builds, tho....

Leave a comment:

• badman
    replied

Would you mind PMing me some values? I have the 17-25s and some d2500tis that could use some love. They'll have to be refined but would be nice to have a starting point.

Leave a comment:

• Zilch
    replied

Originally posted by badman View Post
    Am I missing something? Why do so many of these have no schematic/values attached?
    Because these Minis in this thread, some built with buyout components, are presently "under development...."

Leave a comment:

• amtt
    replied

Great! Im in no big hurry so I will keep an eye out for its return.
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• badman
    replied

Am I missing something? Why do so many of these have no schematic/values attached?

Leave a comment:

• A9X
    replied

Just thought you might have heard something specific as you are more in the loop than I.

Leave a comment:

• Zilch
    replied

Originally posted by A9X View Post
    Any ETA?
    None yet. Inquire there, perhaps.... :rolleyes:

Leave a comment:

• A9X
    replied

Originally posted by Zilch View Post
    We expect that Parts Express will be making the 152i waveguide available to us DIYers again soon....
    Any ETA?

Leave a comment:

• Zilch
    replied

We expect that Parts Express will be making the 152i waveguide available to us DIYers again soon....

Leave a comment:

• amtt
    replied

Hiya,

Ive been loosely following the EW threads for awhile and am getting ready to build soon. I had planned using my Altec 414Zs in the deluxe configuration which uses the DE250 and QSC HPR 152. Now it appears that the QSC is no longer available. So which of all the others would be the best one to use? The cabinets will be built so size isnt a concern. They will be used in a medium to smaller listening space though.

amt

Leave a comment:

• Zilch
    replied

Yes, good reason, actually -- if both woofers are playing through the midrange, they interfere with each other, and it is difficult if not impossible (other than D'Appolito MTM) to control how they interact with the waveguide and define a forward axis and lobe. There are other means of accomplishing similar performance advantages without generating such issues, but there's clearly more to it than simply running multiple woofers in parallel.

JBL's approach has traditionally been "2.5" mode where SQ matters, primarily emphasizing the benefit of extending the LF capabilities of higher-efficiency woofers, but they have recently applied their Forward Array Technology (FAT™) to further enhancing performance. We are investigating that in a couple of the Mini E-Wave builds here incorporating dual woofers, TWW....

Leave a comment:

• stgdz
    replied

So if I may ask an additional stupid question.

Is there any reason why a dual woofer setup hasn't been used like some of the JBL screen arrays?
    http://www.jblpro.com/catalog/genera...x?FId=30&MID=1

Its a 3db advantage most of the time adding a second woofer and yeah the cab size doubles but some people are putting these behind screens so there really isn't an issue because we can just go vertical. Plus we get a little bit more extension.

I am really just thinking aloud at this point.

Leave a comment:

• Zilch
    replied

Thanks, Steve!

That be the one, all right.

228H is the killer 8" for about $118 apiece, but they're not showing that one.

This also tells us our sponsor here can likely get these on custom order....
    Last edited by Zilch; 12-15-2010, 10:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• srbliss
    replied

Originally posted by Das View Post
    Zilch, what is the best avenue to purchase the JBL waveguides and woofers? Don't want to burden them and end up with another QSC 152 scenario.

Do you plan to test the B&C vs. the 226J in the standard 2-way version as well?
    Look what I found $79 on line.
    http://www.jacksmusicfactory.com/def...226J_LF_Driver

Leave a comment:

Working...
X