• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian Steele
    replied
    Re: Flex Your PCD Mettle:

Originally posted by Zilch View Post
    That's a 6.5" woofer, actually (the cab is just 8.5" wide), JBL 226J, available through your JBL Pro dealer or authorized JBL Service Center. $80 MSRP.
    Sure looks sexy. What's the response look like at the lower end of the spectrum?

Leave a comment:

• edlafontaine
    replied

Zilch, keep crankin' 'em out...You Go Big Boy!...that's us back there tryin' to hang onto your shirt-tail :D

Here's a dream: I'd like to be your shop rat...;)

Leave a comment:

• Zilch
    replied

That's a 6.5" woofer, actually (the cab is just 8.5" wide), JBL 226J, available through your JBL Pro dealer or authorized JBL Service Center. $80 MSRP.

I have a woodworking pal with a complete shop who's helping me with the baffles. I give him blank baffles (spares are available for all of the Dayton cabs,) driver and waveguide, and a layout, and he comes back with milled baffles ready to load.

As I demonstrated in the Mini E-Wave thread, mounting flush matters....

Leave a comment:

• roymail
    replied
    Re: EconoWave Mini S-6 - First Listen

Originally posted by Zilch View Post
    Y'all know I don't do "How's it sound?" and I'm certainly not into hype, but in the course of gathering .frd and .zma data last night, I couldn't resist hooking it up to the prototype crossover sitting on the test stand from the previous S-8 builds for a quick listen.

OH, MAN! The big boys with custom drivers in their arsenal certainly know how to make this happen. I put Celestion CDX1-1731 on the little 6" square waveguide, dialed the L-pad flat within +/- 2.5 dB, and now can't wait to get this little guy into PCD and optimized....

Zilch, what 8" driver are you using here with the JBL 6" WG and Celestion CD? And, did you rebate those drivers or have it done? Those look great. If they perform well, I'm in.

Leave a comment:

• djnagle
    replied

Thanks Z.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X