X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zilch
    replied
    Re: Flex Your PCD Mettle:

FAT™ coaxes an additional 2.5 dB out of them, which may get this combo to 94 dB.

I don't see any issues, either, thus far; if K6.5 works, these will too.

[They're gonna rock, looks like.... :D ]

Leave a comment:

• Skywave-Rider
    replied

Originally posted by Zilch View Post
    I can't quite fit pairs of 226J in the Dayton MTM-0.75 along with the 6" square waveguide but the K6.5 buyouts squeeze in nicely. Thus, for S-6.5 I've ordered up a pair of these squircle B&Cs:

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...number=294-647
    The spec'ed response of the B&C 6NDL44 shows really good extension and to my untrained eye, minimal breakup. The bottom end response looks ideal for a 2.5 way, though the spec sheet doesn't say anything about the test box.

The basket looks really strong. Now I want those...LOL.

Leave a comment:

• Zilch
    replied

You're just going to have to try it, Dennis.

Since you use those nearfield, I don't think there's any detriment to the narrower dispersion of the little Selenium waveguide in your application.

Originally posted by stgdz View Post
    yeoch that celestion isn't cheap.
    Shop around a bit further, and you'll find it just under $100 street price.

Soon as you move up from D220Ti, in neodymium, especially, you get to this level pretty quickly....

Leave a comment:

• Zilch
    replied

I can't quite fit pairs of 226J in the Dayton MTM-0.75 along with the 6" square waveguide but the K6.5 buyouts squeeze in nicely. Thus, for S-6.5 I've ordered up a pair of these squircle B&Cs:

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...number=294-647

I want to make FAT™ happen here, now that PCD has shown how.

Those'll also fit with the 6" waveguide in TW-0.38 for a truly diminutive (Indignia-size) package....

Leave a comment:

• djnagle
    replied

Maybe this is a better place to post this project and question. I have been thinking about eWaving my Best Buy Insignias. First thought about using the 6x6" JBL WG but it was just a tad to big. I could make it fit, but it would take a lot of trimming. Then I saw Zilch's project using the Selenium HM17-25 and that WG would not need trimming to fit.

So below is a pix of the Insignia and an FR for the woofer only.

How do all think this would work out sound wise? I know I can build it, but would like to get some opinions as to the match up between the woof and WG.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X