No announcement yet.

RSS315HF-4 as the anchor of a 3-way???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RSS315HF-4 as the anchor of a 3-way???

Originally posted by superspeeder View Post
    Sort of off topic, what do you think of the RSS390's for use as the bottom of a 3-way similar to what you've done with the B's? Or is there something really special about that 8 ohm RSS315 that makes it stand out?
    I'm sure the RSS390 would work to 350Hz as a woofer. Someone on here actually built a setup using the RSS390, a pair of RS180 and the RS28.

The 8 Ohm version gave me the option for an easier load, and a bit more leeway in dialing in a match to the mids. But the motors in all of them are of the same design, good performers, good cones, and good suspensions.
    R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio

Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
    "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

Hi Pete,
      I noticed that in the end you made a couple cuts to the mid level, with that in mind do you feel the 4Ω woofer could be used instead for an overall increase in sensitivity?
      Regards,
      Dan

Comment

Originally posted by NEO Dan View Post
        Hi Pete,
        I noticed that in the end you made a couple cuts to the mid level, with that in mind do you feel the 4Ω woofer could be used instead for an overall increase in sensitivity?
        Possibly.

One might be able to keep the transfer functions for the mid and tweet while adding 3dB, but it wouldn't be easy. It looks like there might be just enough room to do it, but there's no margin for error.

Moving to the RS28F might help as well.
        R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio

Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

"Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

Hi Pete.
          I was looking for the actual measurements of this monster. Can you point me to them? Dumb me can't find the darn thing.
          Thanks, R.
          http://www.diy-ny.com/

Comment

Originally posted by r-carpenter View Post
            Hi Pete.
            I was looking for the actual measurements of this monster. Can you point me to them? Dumb me can't find the darn thing.
            Thanks, R.
            They're back on page 8. Those PCD plots were from measured data.

We also got these plots of the system, before the final adjustments to the crossover using the individual plots in PCD.

Comment

Working...
            X