No announcement yet.

TzuJan 4 will make music this weekend.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TzuJan 4 will make music this weekend.

Getting pretty close. Another couple of hours on the cabs. The XO's are essentially complete already.

Remember, OWII, MDM55, AC130, and 8955A are in a cascaded parallel configuration. Nineteen components. Not bad for a 4-way. Relieving the AC130 of low bass duties and upgrading to the OWII operating in its sweet spot should be a nice improvement over the original TzuJan's.

Hope so anyway. DIY Atlanta and InDIYana are both possibilities.

[IMG][/IMG]

Re: TzuJan 4 will make music this weekend.

Looking good so far Wont you be going to Iowa This year?
    It's not how far you go, it's how go you far http://techtalk.parts-express.com/co...es/biggrin.gif

Comment

Sure will. I think this I'd year 9 or 10. Does anyone remember what year we started at Kirkwood?

Comment

:( I want to hear them... And discuss voicing with you! They look wonderful, and I am 100% sure they will sound the same. Nice work.

Comment

Originally posted by maynardg View Post
          Sure will. I think this I'd year 9 or 10. Does anyone remember what year we started at Kirkwood?
          Hi Maynard,

My 1st year was in 2001. I think Kai had an event in 2000 too. The only year I've missed since 2001 was 2005 when my daughter had back surgery.

It's been a fun ride!

Jim

Comment

So this will be the 11th I've attended.

Comment

EDIT: Not enough coffee before posting this morning. :o

I'm looking forward to hearing the TzuJan. A 4-way is no small undertaking.

Jim
              Last edited by Jim Holtz; 02-27-2010, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Maynard, I thought you were going to use the SB Acoustics 8" woofer in this project. What changed your mind?
                Paul

Comment

The Usher modeled just a bit deeper with less mid-bass bump after modeling the XO. The SB would like a bit larger box than the Usher. Mine is right at 50L max, so, I went with the Usher. I plan to make a mounting panel for the SB and overlay the Usher cutout to see you it sounds. The Usher is a bit smaller. I sure prefer the looks of the SB.

Have you had a chance to listen to it?

Comment

That certainly is logical. Nope, I haven't listened to the SB woofer yet and probably won't for several more weeks, but I'll let you know what I hear.
                    Paul

The Usher modeled just a bit deeper with less mid-bass bump after modeling the XO. The SB would like a bit larger box than the Usher. Mine is right at 50L max, so, I went with the Usher. I plan to make a mounting panel for the SB and overlay the Usher cutout to see you it sounds. The Usher is a bit smaller. I sure prefer the looks of the SB.

Have you had a chance to listen to it?

Comment

Getting pretty close. Another couple of hours on the cabs. The XO's are essentially complete already.

Remember, OWII, MDM55, AC130, and 8955A are in a cascaded parallel configuration. Nineteen components. Not bad for a 4-way. Relieving the AC130 of low bass duties and upgrading to the OWII operating in its sweet spot should be a nice improvement over the original TzuJan's.

Hope so anyway. DIY Atlanta and InDIYana are both possibilities.

[IMG][/IMG]
                      While we all anxiously await the results of the musical portion of this project, I'm almost a little afraid to see the results from Maynard's summer of dumbell curling. Those Guns ought to be ablazin' by Iowa time!

Comment

Originally posted by martyh View Post
                        While we all anxiously await the results of the musical portion of this project, I'm almost a little afraid to see the results from Maynard's summer of dumbell curling. Those Guns ought to be ablazin' by Iowa time!
                        Dumbell???? Oh, you are referring to my gravity clamps.

Comment

Working...
                        X