OT: Congrats to Butler!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Congrats to Butler!

Congrats to the little Indianapolis school - Longest winning streak in the nation still intact - after knocking off #1 seed Syracuse!

Ok, we can get back on topic again.:D
    Click here for Jeff Bagby's Loudspeaker Design Software

Re: OT: Congrats to Butler!

Originally posted by Jeff B. View Post
    Congrats to the little Indianapolis school - Longest winning streak in the nation still intact - after knocking off #1 seed Syracuse!

Gotta believe the School Fight Song will be featured at the InDIYana event now!

Comment

Indeed, Go Dogs! There is no way Butler can't be considered one of the best basketball programs in the country now. Great game plan, great execution. Plus it doesn't hurt that I'm not a huge Syracuse fan to begin with. Sorry Roman :D.

shawn
      My favorite woofer is a Labrador retriever.

Comment

Holy Smokes, Final Four!!!

Whoulda thunk it???

Mark
        You go your way, I'll go mine. I don't care if we get there on time.

~Pink Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by Mark65 View Post
          Holy Smokes, Final Four!!!

Whoulda thunk it???

Mark
          This is the first time since UCLA did it in 1972 that the official host school has made the Final Four. Butler will be preparing in their own facilities and making the 5 mile trip to the stadium. Hmmmmm.... what are the possibilities of a Duke - Butler final in Butler's hometown? :D

Comment

Keep dreaming... I was dreaming of SU avenging their loss to KY, until Butler came along; now I have to root for them.

Comment

I pretty much lost interest in both the Women's and Men's NCAA tournament once both OSU teams were elimininated. If I watch the Men's at all, I'll be rooting for Michigan State since they're the remaining Big Ten team. As a bit of sour grapes, I sure wish the refs that officiated the Tenn/MSU game had officiated the OSU/Tenn game so that the foul by Tenn on Evan Turner as time expired had been called like the similar foul was called in the Tenn/MSU game, giving Evan the chance to tie up the game with 3 shots and go to overtime. Oh, well, wait 'til next year!
              Paul

Comment

IIRC, Hinkle Fieldhouse has Frazier coaxial-horns and Danley subs in quad-endfired arrays, and SH100s for the near field. The system is an interesting fusion of old and new.
                Best Regards,

Rory Buszka

Taterworks Audio

"The work of the individual still remains the spark which moves mankind ahead, even more than teamwork." - Igor I. Sikorsky

If it works, but you don't know why it works, then you haven't done any engineering.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff B. View Post

Well, how about that! In the Championship game now. Go Butler!

Comment

It was definitely a tight game! Congrats to Butler, but being a die hard state fan from Michigan I wish it would have gone the other way :p Back to watching the next game!

Comment

Originally posted by Eric.DeYoung View Post
                      It was definitely a tight game! Congrats to Butler, but being a die hard state fan from Michigan I wish it would have gone the other way :p Back to watching the next game!
                      Ordinarily, the Big Ten school would have had my support. But, I had to make an exception to it here. I was getting a bit nervous in the last two miniutes....

Comment

Abd

Anybody But Duke... I'll pull for them.
                        Lou's Speaker Site [speakers.lonesaguaro.com]
                        "Different" is objective, "better" is subjective. Taste is not a provable fact.
                        Where are you John Galt? I may not be worthy, but I'm ready.

Comment

Go Dawgs!

Comment

My son attended Butler's basketball camp last summer and we had the chance to meet Brad Stevens and Matt Howard. Really a first class program with players and a coach that should be considered role models for other schools.

Being a North Carolina fan my wife cannot pull for Duke so she's become a Butler fan. My son is a Duke fan so I have to stay neutral. :D

Comment

Re: Abd

Originally posted by LouC View Post
                              Anybody But Duke... I'll pull for them.
                              It is possible to like Duke in spite of that pinch faced whining Bobby Knight wannabe coach k. I admire the things he has accomplished in the same way that if you liked air cooled VWs you can acknowledge Adolph's contribution .
                              It's quite likely that you can be nice and still be effective, just see Butler's coach. Singler is a good kid, Nolan Smith too. K gets maybe too much credit - look at the careers of Boozer and others who took a while to get going in the NBA. And I am not sure he gets the best out of bigs in his game plan. OTOH, it is tough to take future doctors and attorneys and compete at this level.

After coaching amateur for 14 years I really admire Brad Stevens and his decision to pursue what he loves. We should all look at that as a role model for life. It's a shame that Butler won't be at full strength tonight but sometimes teams use that as motivation to each play up to a personal level that might carry them to a championship.

And you gotta respect Rick's Swiss position in this one. And Taters priorities are just right, too!

I know Shawn and Jeff have their picks, but I just hope for a good clean game and will be happy to see it tight and don't care who wins --- now tomorrow night is another story. Those girls from Uconn play some of the most beautiful basketball I have ever seen from anyone. The ball moves like it's alive, the movement off the ball is like a dance, and the girls are about as seflish as the Dalai Lama. They are a true thing of joy to watch. Anyone who loves the game like I do is in for two great nights. Turn it up and hang on friends!
                              When you run make sure you run,
                              to something not away from, cause lies don't need an aeroplane to chase you anywhere.

Comment

Working...
                              X