• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wolf
    Obsessed & Proud of It
    • Sep 2005

Poll: InDIYana music....

How would you all want this to go?

Thing is, the ease of listening is meant for extended periods if deemed necessary on a certain pair. Requests for tracks should be considered. IF this becomes a dual-listening zoned room, we will have 2 setups with speakers going in both rooms independantly. This would be an advantage for having more time with a certain pair, but you'd have to pick/choose your entries to audition in the lineup.

On the music-side, we'd have to select something I have ON HAND at this time to get this accomplished. I don't want to have to go and get everything that is on the list. Past 'event-cuts' are all present.

Without further ado, I think 4 tracks are plenty especially with regard to ease of listening, but they need to be carefully picked.

Here we go.... more complexity.
    Wolf
    2 songs in their entirety of about 6 minutes total with your choices to follow?
    4.55%
    4 song snippets, and the remaining time your choice?
    50.00%
    One reference full-length track for overall balance, and the remainder your choice?
    18.18%
    Free for all and bring your own?
    27.27%

The poll is expired.

"Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
    "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
    "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
    "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
    https://app.photobucket.com/u/wolf_teeth_speaker

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102
  • dlneubec
    Seasoned Veteran
    • Dec 2005

Re: Poll: InDIYana music....

I voted for #3, but would actually prefer a 5th choice, two song snippets, totalling 2 or 3 minutes max and the rest designers choice.

I'd go for that Tracy Chapman one from last year or maybe part of cut 3 or 6 from Joshua Judges Ruth, if you have it, though the latter two might have to be brought up in spl a bit.

Wolf, what's your thinking on the "standard" total time per speaker, not including any extra requests? That might influece how folks vote.
    Dan N.

Comment

• Wolf
      Obsessed & Proud of It
      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by dlneubec
      I voted for #3, but would actually prefer a 5th choice, two song snippets, totalling 2 or 3 minutes max and the rest designers choice.

I'd go for that Tracy Chapman one from last year or maybe part of cut 3 or 6 from Joshua Judges Ruth, if you have it, though the latter two might have to be brought up in spl a bit.

Wolf, what's your thinking on the "standard" total time per speaker, not including any extra requests? That might influece how folks vote.
      Then you should've voted for number one, as I wouldn't advise more than 3 minute songs anyway.

I have both of those.

Total time depends on how many entries we get, so I can't even fathom trying to put a time-frame on it due to the 'ease of listening' mantra. Since this will comprise a 1.5+ day length, it could be quite a bit of time overall per entry. I will be at the venue bright and early Friday morning, and Saturday as well, wherever that will be.

I can see one cut for a 'balance' comparo, but then make it free for all, IMO.

Later,
      Wolf
      "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:

Comment

• MusicForMatt
        Been Around Awhile
        • Dec 2009

I did vote (for number one) but-- can I also state-- "I'll just be happy listening to music on great speakers!"?
        Because the MUSIC matters...

Comment

• dlneubec
          Seasoned Veteran
          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Wolf
          Then you should've voted for number one, as I wouldn't advise more than 3 minute songs anyway.

I have both of those.

Total time depends on how many entries we get, so I can't even fathom trying to put a time-frame on it due to the 'ease of listening' mantra. Since this will comprise a 1.5+ day length, it could be quite a bit of time overall per entry. I will be at the venue bright and early Friday morning, and Saturday as well, wherever that will be.

I can see one cut for a 'balance' comparo, but then make it free for all, IMO.

Later,
          Wolf
          No, I meant a total of 2-3 minutes for the two songs, not 2-3 mimutes each. That's why I didn't want #1. No need for 6 minutes of comparo music, IMO.

Many of us will not be coming until Saturday. Does that mean we will miss some of the entries that show up Friday?
          Dan N.

Comment

• maynardg
            Seasoned Veteran
            • Nov 2005

I voted for multiple cuts but it is TOTALLY your call Wolf. Under the circumstances you have no responsibility to be collaborative. Lots to do in a short time. I'd bag the music list. BYOM. Thanks for the energy.

Comment

• fbov
              Seasoned Veteran
              • Oct 2008

+1 on Wolf not doing any more than he already is, although I voted for 4 snippets.

One always has the option of using last year's CD as one's personal music... I even know where it is! I'd need to exorcise Willie, but that's not hard.

Frank

Comment

• Wolf
                Obsessed & Proud of It
                • Sep 2005

Originally posted by fbov
                +1 on Wolf not doing any more than he already is, although I voted for 4 snippets.

One always has the option of using last year's CD as one's personal music... I even know where it is! I'd need to exorcise Willie, but that's not hard.

Frank
                If you wish to bring it, don't bother, as I still have mine.

I'll wait until the end of the week for the poll to close, and make the announcement on the methods for the day.
                Later,
                Wolf

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:

Comment

• Wolf
                  Obsessed & Proud of It
                  • Sep 2005

I suppose that's a possibility, but the fact that they will still be present at the facility will allow for a revisit if need be.

I'm looking forward to it!
                  Wolf

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:

Comment

• Wolf
                    Obsessed & Proud of It
                    • Sep 2005

*BUMP*
                    Wolf

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:

Comment

• critofur
                      Seasoned Veteran
                      • Feb 2008

No, I meant a total of 2-3 minutes for the two songs, not 2-3 mimutes each. That's why I didn't want #1. No need for 6 minutes of comparo music, IMO.
                      +1

Many of us will not be coming until Saturday. Does that mean we will miss some of the entries that show up Friday?
                      I was thinking the half day Friday was going to be "unofficial" time just for fun, getting help tuning a crossover, etc. Where as the full day Saturday would be where all the structured listening evaluations were done? School will be back in session, and for [most of] those who work the best they will be able to do is come Friday evening. I will see about skipping my final class on Friday to try to at least make it before things wrap up Friday - not sure yet...
                      "...this is not a subwoofer" - Jeff Bagby ;)

Comment

• martyh
                        Seasoned Veteran
                        • Oct 2005

No surprises in the 'free for all' group.....anarchists!!!!

Comment

• Wolf
                          Obsessed & Proud of It
                          • Sep 2005

Just setting it up as Shawn was aiming.

I'm still not sure about music....
                          Later,
                          Wolf

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:

Comment

• dlneubec
                            Seasoned Veteran
                            • Dec 2005

I say just do what you want and have time to deal with.
                            Dan N.

Comment

• Wolf
                              Obsessed & Proud of It
                              • Sep 2005

I say just do what you want and have time to deal with.
                              I might discuss a bit with him this evening...
                              I still have my Attitudes to complete...
                              Later,
                              Wolf

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:

Comment

Working...