Router Buddy or Jasper Jigs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Router Buddy or Jasper Jigs?

PE has their Jasper Jigs on sale till tomorrow and the Router Buddy is in the next sale flyer. Has anyone used both? Do you have a preference? I assume they are both accurate and appear to cut the same range of sizes.
    Oops just noticed that my Dewalt 621 is not listed as fitting the Router Buddy. Anybody using the Router Buddy with the 621?
    Mark
    My TriTrix Build
    My Core 2 Way Build
    My RSS315HF-4 Subwoofer Build

Re: Router Buddy or Jasper Jigs?

I went with the Buddy but the Jasper is good too. Reason being that with either, it's still a good idea to route test reliefs and holes on scrap before committing to your actual baffle.

Alternative solutions exist from Sears and many online tool suppliers as well as the option of making your own circle jig from scratch.

Comment

Madisound sells an alternative:

http://www.madisound.com/catalog/pro...oducts_id=8534

I have it and it works great with very good precision and control of radius to your heart's content.

Regards

Comment

I use the Jasper Jigs! I have both models and I usually use the smaller for holes under seven in., just easier to use! Both are accurate! Don't see any reason to change to something else! My only recommendation is stay away from cheap stuff and use quality attachments for your router and you will be happy!

Comment

Thanks for the info. I have decided to go with the Jasper Jigs. Now the hard part is deciding on what to buy to push it up to $98 for free shipping. It is between parts for: Sub, ONS or Coppers.
          Mark
          My TriTrix Build
          My Core 2 Way Build

Comment

I have a 621 and the router buddy. It fits with 2 screws but not the third. I have had no problem with it.

I can't see doing the Jasper when the RB is infinitely adjustable. Figure your size, set calipers, adjust pin to the right spot and go.

Originally posted by MrkCrwly View Post
            PE has their Jasper Jigs on sale till tomorrow and the Router Buddy is in the next sale flyer. Has anyone used both? Do you have a preference? I assume they are both accurate and appear to cut the same range of sizes.
            Oops just noticed that my Dewalt 621 is not listed as fitting the Router Buddy. Anybody using the Router Buddy with the 621?
            DP

Comment

Originally posted by donparsons View Post
              I have a 621 and the router buddy. It fits with 2 screws but not the third. I have had no problem with it.

I can't see doing the Jasper when the RB is infinitely adjustable. Figure your size, set calipers, adjust pin to the right spot and go.
              Glad to hear that the Router Buddy fits the 621. After all the 621 is pretty popular with the shops. I think only 2 screws are used on the Jasper and the 621.
              Mark
              My TriTrix Build
              My Core 2 Way Build

Comment

Yes, the Router Buddy fits the 621 with just two screws. I have both a Router Buddy and Jasper Jig but have only used the Jasper on my 621. I won the Router Buddy at a DIY event two years ago but have never actually used it; I'm just so used to the Jasper Jig, I'm afraid I'd screw up a panel the first time if I'd used the Router Buddy.
                Paul

Originally posted by MrkCrwly View Post
                Glad to hear that the Router Buddy fits the 621. After all the 621 is pretty popular with the shops. I think only 2 screws are used on the Jasper and the 621.

Comment

Working...
                X