Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ANNOUNCING Midwest Audio Fest! (and Speaker Design Competition! -formerly Dayton DIY)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I would like to know something more positive, too.

It took me 3 times before I didn't receive the "undeliverable" message, but it "thanked" me for my reservation each time.
    Paul

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
    I entered when it was first available, but even after it allowed my submission, I never got a reply to say the information was received.

Just making sure I'm in the game....
    Wolf

Comment

Re: ANNOUNCING Midwest Audio Fest! (and Speaker Design Competition! -formerly Dayton

I just registered. No email so far.

Comment

Re: ANNOUNCING Midwest Audio Fest! (and Speaker Design Competition! -formerly Dayton

I got a response, so I know I've been accepted.
        Are you now bringing a project? I didn't think you were, and
        you don't have to register if you aren't.

Later,
        Wolf
        "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
        "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
        "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
        "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
        http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
        http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Thanks to Don Keele for accepting my invitation to attend. :D

Comment

Cool! :D
            Wolf
            "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:

Comment

I received a notice of acceptance of my entry today.
              Mongo only pawn in game of life
              ____
              Ed

Comment

I received mine 2 weeks ago. See you there, Ed.
                Paul

Originally posted by edlafontaine View Post
                I received a notice of acceptance of my entry today.

Comment

i'm new to the whole DIY event thing, so i'm hoping someone can fill me in here. do people enter speakers they've built using someone else's "proven" design (with credit given to the designer, of course), or is the competition really only intended for a person's original design they've done themself? if the latter, is there some other chance to demo/share projects based on published designs? by the time the event rolls around i'll have completed three or four builds of this nature, and i'd love to give people the opportunity to have the pleasure of hearing these designs where they otherwise might not be able to without building them themselves.

Comment

absolootbs posted:
                    i'm new to the whole DIY event thing, so i'm hoping someone can fill me in here. do people enter speakers they've built using someone else's "proven" design (with credit given to the designer, of course), or is the competition really only intended for a person's original design they've done themself? if the latter, is there some other chance to demo/share projects based on published designs? by the time the event rolls around i'll have completed three or four builds of this nature, and i'd love to give people the opportunity to have the pleasure of hearing these designs where they otherwise might not be able to without building them themselves.
                    In short, if they make noise and you built them, bring 'em.

People enter their individually created work. People bring work that is a collaboration of several. Every entry includes some aspect of the creativity of the builder. We learn from them all.

We'd enjoy your company, hope you enjoy ours, its a good time.
                    ____
                    Ed

Comment

Definitely bring 'em! Last year I brought a kit, this year Project "Y" or "why?" I'm not sure yet :p Wait till you see the paint job, Wolfie :eek:

Event is great and tent sale is not to be missed!

Cheers / Robert

Comment

What is the discount for the tent sale? Don't see it listed anywhere

Comment

Last year the tent sale discount was 20%. This year, who knows?
                          ____
                          Ed

Comment

hi, are items in the store 20% off and the tent items are further discounted? or are items under the tent only on sale?
                            thanks

Comment

Originally posted by steelervic View Post
                              hi, are items in the store 20% off and the tent items are further discounted? or are items under the tent only on sale?
                              thanks
                              In-stock merch is 20% off regular price.
                              The tent-sale exclusive merch is already discounted, but take 20% off of the sticker price on them. This includes the stuff under the tent, and the stuff on the racks in the warehouse bay.

Later,
                              Wolf

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:

Comment

I will be there. Live right in town!

Comment

Working...
                                X