Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zaph Audio ZRT 2 way Revelator Tower, Opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Zaph Audio ZRT 2 way Revelator Tower, Opinions?

that seems like a very bix box for those since they come with a 38 L box. It does seem to make the f3 considerably lower.
    Check out my website: www.uberstealthaudio.com.
    Now offering cnc cut baffles and other speaker cabinet parts

Comment

Re: Zaph Audio ZRT 2 way Revelator Tower, Opinions?

Originally posted by nikbrewer View Post
      that seems like a very bix box for those since they come with a 38 L box. It does seem to make the f3 considerably lower.
      The "optimal" box calculates to even larger.

And if it gets much smaller than 50L, there's quite a bit of peaking in the output. It's no wonder Robert wound up stuffing his enclosure as much as he did.

That woofer is much better suited to a larger tapered TL, or a sealed box.
      R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio
      Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
      "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

Originally posted by jkrutke View Post
        I can build on that comment a little. Specifically, the response curve, impedance and sensitivity have not changed. Therefore, no crossover changes needed. Driver Qts is a little higher and Vas is a little lower. It still works well in that box size as designed, however bass tuning is more of a personal preference. This is why I usually recommend that people play with the tuning to find something that suits them and their room.
        The whole speaker is personal preference and especially the bass (also highs can be super obnoxious to me).
        A lot of comprises and weird things happen in the bass region because you need larger drivers, boxes, amps and more money for lower frequencies.
        I've never heard a 2-way speaker and thought this needs less bass and more highs, never happens; less terrible ported bass maybe.
        In fact, I like Bose 301's better than most "high-end" 2-way speakers.

I pay attention to group delay, "pulse response" of bass driver, all drivers really.
        High BL, low Qts, low mms.
        No ported drivers sound good, with the exception of pro drivers.
        Best home speakers are built with pro drivers.
        Want a good large, but not too large home speaker built one around the JBL 2226 or similar pro driver.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy154 View Post

the whole speaker is personal preference and especially the bass (also highs can be super obnoxious to me).
          A lot of comprises and weird things happen in the bass region because you need larger drivers, boxes, amps and more money for lower frequencies.
          I've never heard a 2-way speaker and thought this needs less bass and more highs, never happens; less terrible ported bass maybe.
          In fact, i like bose 301's better than most "high-end" 2-way speakers.

I pay attention to group delay, "pulse response" of bass driver, all drivers really.
          High bl, low qts, low mms.
          No ported drivers sound good, with the exception of pro drivers.
          Best home speakers are built with pro drivers.
          Want a good large, but not too large home speaker built one around the jbl 2226 or similar pro driver.
          wow.
          craigk

" Voicing is often the term used for band aids to cover for initial design/planning errors " - Pallas

Comment

Forget it Jake, it's Chinatown. - YouTube

Comment

Huh, no ported woofers sound good, yet he likes 301's
              A mains
              The Ventures
              Open Invit8tions
              RSR
              Sound Troopers
              Acorns
              DGBG's
              The Monuments

Comment

Craig, you're disappointing me, that was really polite.

Comment

Originally posted by ugly woofer View Post
                  Craig, you're disappointing me, that was really polite.
                  I could have been banned for life on that post.
                  craigk

" Voicing is often the term used for band aids to cover for initial design/planning errors " - Pallas

Comment

Next time build this.

Originally posted by 6thplanet View Post
                    Huh, no ported woofers sound good, yet he likes 301's
                    They sounded so good, I thought they were sealed, maybe because it has direct reflecting technology.
                    Don't be jealous you didn't think of it first.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy154 View Post
                      Next time build this.

They sounded so good, I thought they were sealed, maybe because it has direct reflecting technology.
                      Don't be jealous you didn't think of it first.
                      Multicells start lobing above about 6kHz, so I guess the TAD radial horn is the tweeter?
                      Francis

Comment

There's no room for a flatscreen monotor, or do you have a retracting ATS?

No good comes from zombie threads.

The Serpent and the Rainbow (1988) - Official Trailer - YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by djg View Post
                          There's no room for a flatscreen monotor, or do you have a retracting ATS?

No good comes from zombie threads.

The Serpent and the Rainbow (1988) - Official Trailer - YouTube
                          That movie makes more sense than that speaker. But yeah, the thread was rudely revived from its eternal rest.
                          Francis

Comment

Working...
                          X