Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: Chalk up another for the unemployment line....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OT: Chalk up another for the unemployment line....

Wolf - Sorry to hear that the axe fell.

George
    "In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semi-human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." - Edward Hoagland

Comment

Wolf ,
      Best wishes in your job search.

Comment

Wow, that's shocking (not like on a 9/11 type scale you know, but unexpected nonetheless). I miss the days when I had jobs where I knew they needed me more than I needed them.

I once yelled "F### YOU!" to my boss and slammed the door in his face as I stormed out. I knew my job would still be there when I came back an hour or so later after I'd cooled off. I just had to say sorry. Mind you, I had reason for acting that way, I wasn't the sort of person that people said "you need to take anger management class". Anyway, I digress - back to talking about Wolf...

I just want to be sure you are aware of the program they started recently which allows you to collect unemployment while being a full time student? You'll probably want to try to get an idea about how whether your state will continue to offer "extended" benefits for long enough to make it worthwhile? I almost can't see not taking advantage of this wonderful opportunity to get PAID to go back to school. That's what I'm doing now.

We might disagree about wires and capacitors, but I sincerely wish you the best of luck in your endeavors and hope you are able to do as you say - see the bright side and maybe it was time to move on to "better things" anyway.

Let's all raise a glass to Wolf - cheers - I think Wolf doesn't drink alcohol, but he won't mind anyway...
        "...this is not a subwoofer" - Jeff Bagby ;)

Comment

Originally posted by critofur View Post
          Wow, that's shocking (not like on a 9/11 type scale you know, but unexpected nonetheless). I miss the days when I had jobs where I knew they needed me more than I needed them.

I once yelled "F### YOU!" to my boss and slammed the door in his face as I stormed out. I knew my job would still be there when I came back an hour or so later after I'd cooled off. I just had to say sorry. Mind you, I had reason for acting that way, I wasn't the sort of person that people said "you need to take anger management class". Anyway, I digress - back to talking about Wolf...

I just want to be sure you are aware of the program they started recently which allows you to collect unemployment while being a full time student? You'll probably want to try to get an idea about how whether your state will continue to offer "extended" benefits for long enough to make it worthwhile? I almost can't see not taking advantage of this wonderful opportunity to get PAID to go back to school. That's what I'm doing now.

We might disagree about wires and capacitors, but I sincerely wish you the best of luck in your endeavors and hope you are able to do as you say - see the bright side and maybe it was time to move on to "better things" anyway.

Let's all raise a glass to Wolf - cheers - I think Wolf doesn't drink alcohol, but he won't mind anyway...

+1!

Ben, I raise my glass to you in salute!

Cheers!

Mark
          You go your way, I'll go mine. I don't care if we get there on time.

~Pink Floyd

Comment

Sorry to hear it Ben. Best of luck on the job hunting.

Raises glass

Take it easy
            Jay
            "I like Brewski's threads, they always end up being hybrid beer/speaker threads based on the name of his newest creation." - Greywarden

Breakfast Stout - HiVi RT2 II/Aurasound NS6
            Imperial Russian Stout - Vifa DX25/Fountek FW146/(2) Fountek FW168s - Built by Fastbike
            Ruination 2.5 way - Vifa DX25/Fountek FW168
            Levitation TM
            - Vifa BC25SG15/Fountek FW168

Comment

Wolf, that really sucks! It's a sad fact of life that this kind of thing is happening all around us these days. I was in your shoes a little over 6 years ago. It took a while, but I found, more like stumbled into a job I like. And I found skills I never knew I had! I am positive you will end up in a better place in short order!

Just like you sig says - Keep your stick on the ice....

Tom
              Co-conspirator in the development of the "CR Gnarly Fidelity Reduction Unit" - Registered Trademark, Patent Pending.

Comment

We hear of this happening all too often. Hopefully the economy will continue its slow recovery, and America will find its way again....

Think of it as a sabbatical Wolf, and an opportunity to expand your expertise and abilities...

C
                Curt's Speaker Design Works

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
                - Aristotle

Comment

Sorry to hear that, Wolf.
                  You come across as talented and restless guy, so I am sure you'll find a better gig soon.
                  On a sad note, I don't see how the economy will recover soon. Manufacturing is going out of the window for a number of different reasons. Apparently we can't shovel money from one pile to another without consequences either. I am keeping my fingers crossed.:(
                  http://www.diy-ny.com/

Comment

Three years ago this June I got the axe, and a year ago April the wife got it. Life goes on, hobbies go on, we go on. I hope you and yours can make it through smelling like roses!
                    Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

Sorry to hear it.
                      Well anyway, chalk it up to experience.
                      Hope you get through this well.
                      Hang in there.
                      Alan

Comment

You could start mass producing speakers...although you seem to do that anyway :D

Best of luck finding a new job - I haven't lost a job yet because I've only worked for about 3 weeks total, but I know it would suck...

Comment

The really funny thing is...

Last Friday, I picked up a fortune cookie on the table at work unopened, so it was still valid as superstitions go for those that believe them, and it said:

A good time to start something new.
                          Lucky # 22,34,15,17,23,59

While I don't have that much belief in fortune cookies, that is rather ironic, and kinda funny at the same time. I do like the sweetness and crunch they provide though.

Thank you all for your kind words, concerns, and pep-talks.
                          It's appreciated!
                          Wolf
                          "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                          "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                          "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                          "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                          https://app.photobucket.com/u/wolf_teeth_speaker

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                          http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Did you put your numbers in? :p

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
                              The really funny thing is...

Last Friday, I picked up a fortune cookie on the table at work unopened, so it was still valid as superstitions go for those that believe them, and it said:

A good time to start something new.
                              Lucky # 22,34,15,17,23,59

While I don't have that much belief in fortune cookies, that is rather ironic, and kinda funny at the same time. I do like the sweetness and crunch they provide though.

Thank you all for your kind words, concerns, and pep-talks.
                              It's appreciated!
                              Wolf
                              Fortune cookies are lousy, and they never come true anyway.
                              Give me a bag of OREO any day.

You seem to have very good people skills, I kind of wondered why you were driving a forklift. You need something that suits you better.

Comment

Fortune cookies are lousy, and they never come true anyway.
                                Give me a bag of OREO any day.

You seem to have very good people skills, I kind of wondered why you were driving a forklift. You need something that suits you better.
                                +1 on that for sure.

I remember suggesting something similar 3-4 years ago. May this become a blessing in disguise for you. You are a very generous and talented guy.
                                DP

Comment

Working...
                                X