Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: Chalk up another for the unemployment line....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OT: Chalk up another for the unemployment line....

Wolf sorry to hear about the job my friend. It seems to be becoming common around this place. Anyway as the others have said I know you'll land on your feet and make some lemonade out of this!

Ben

Comment

Ben,
      What can I add! Never give up, NEVER.
      I've been "let go" many times, but always found something else. Life goes on. (but it still hurts!)

Your friend.
      Last edited by Froste; 05-07-2010, 01:44 PM. Reason: spelling
      Ed

Comment

Sorry to hear it Wolf.

I can't say it any better than everyone else has already said, but I'm wishing you the best and praying for a job that you will love.

A few years ago I went back to college to get my Bachelor's degree to start a new career. Being out of college for 17 years made it hard to go back, but I did.

I quit my job just before I finished so I could hammer hard at the last few classes without work slowing me down. When I told my boss, she went 'phew' and said that she was likely going to be selling one of the two newspapers that I did graphics for.... which would have meant that I would have been laid off. After I quit, it wasn't two months later that they did sell the one paper and I would have been out-of-there anyway.

I believe that God was leading me at every step and turn. My new job has worked out well, and even though it's a hard job, I really like it. I hope you get into a similar situation.

Sorry for the misguided pep-talk.

TomZ
        Zarbo Audio Projects Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEZ...aFQSTl6NdOwgxQ * 320-641 Amp Review Youtube: https://youtu.be/ugjfcI5p6m0 *Veneering curves, seams, using heat-lock iron on method *Trimming veneer & tips *Curved Sides glue-up video
        *Part 2 *Gluing multiple curved laminations of HDF

Comment

Originally posted by philiparcario View Post
          Wolf we all need a laugh just take a look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stDWNam7RtE

I would think you felt like doing that at least once. Good luck with your job hunt. Phil
          I bet they let him off with only a "reprimand" too. Ha!

Comment

I've seen that before, as it made my local news channel.

FWIW- I don't think I would've ever wanted to do that, even in my circumstances. A lot of what we had there was heavy, and I could've easily been crushed or killed had something like that happened. Safety is very important, and that guy was probably injured.

Later,
            Wolf
            "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
            "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
            "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
            "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
            https://app.photobucket.com/u/wolf_teeth_speaker

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
            http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Ben, another new birth is before you...make the most of it... move towards the things you love

& as always, I look forward to seeing you again
              Mongo only pawn in game of life
              ____
              Ed

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
                I thought 'pink-slip' was firing/termination. I wasn't laid off.
                Wolf
                A pink slip can refer to either being laid off or fired. Either way employment is terminated. It it disheartening and a let down but it looks like you are turning this into a new opportunity and that often means improvement particularly in your case wtih this statemtent. "I like to think this is a blessing in disguise...". Good luck and hopefully you will come across a good opportunity.

Also, I don't know your history but what does "I also will not miss Dayton" mean?

Comment

Wow Wolf,

I'm so sorry to hear that. And what a coincidence as I got the axe at my place this week as well, so I feel your pain.

My department has been slowly downsized from 70 people two years ago to 18 a month ago, and now down to 11 this week. I was let go with this wave and had watched it coming for months and wondering when, as low man on the totem pole I would get it. Funny thing is that just a month ago I was 'Employee of the Month' for the Company (1200 employees) and now I'm on the street.

You take care of yourself; keep talking with your wife as this will be stressful for both of you and take care of each other. As for me, I'm in Day 4 of the Escape from Alcatraz party!!!

Marty

Comment

Man it is rough out there:eek: I just get back to work after 13 months unemployed and Ben, Pete and Marty take the fall! You guys know I feel your pain. Let me know if I can help in any way.

If there is a silver lining, once you get over the initial devastation, is that you have lots of time to spend on your hobbies and consider what new thing you might want to do!

The bad thing is that eventually you have to go back to work (at least most of us do) and that is a shock all over again, after having complete freedom over your time while you are off.

I have no doubt you will all find something (or it will find you) when the time is right and in the meantime, try to enjoy your expanded free time.
                    Dan N.

Comment

Missed this post last night - keep after it like it's an 8" 2-way and you'll do fine

It is good news that all of you are "covered" for quite a while longer.

Cheers / Robert

Comment

Ben,

I am so sorry to hear the bad news. There is never a good time for losing employment. I can empathize, having been there before. You have consistently shown yourself to be a kind, intelligent, capable and generous man, as evidenced by your many contributions to this board and at the recent Indiana event. Please keep us posted regarding your progress. I am confident that you will land on your feet.

Darren

Comment

Wolf,

Sorry to hear of your situation. Being jobless was the hardest work I've ever had and the stress is no fun either. It happened to me 7 years ago. I no longer look back on it as a bad thing. I'm confident you have what it takes to make this seem like a bump on your long path forward.

Good luck,

Rich

Comment

Sorry to hear about this Wolf. I've been there, done that. I worked for Lockheed Martin during a contract change. Operative word is "worked." In the end it turned out well. I moved to Bismarck as a result, and I love my current job; and life is great too. Plenty of work in North Dakota, if you've ever thought about relocating. There's an oil boom going on in the western half of the state, and the rest of the state is doing great too. Plus, we don't have enough audio DIY'ers up here! (Seriously, employment figures are good up here!)
                            Best wishes,
                            Mike
                            "We're speaker geeks, not speaker nerds. Nerds make money!" Marty H
                            Bismarck, North Dakota
                            My Current System: Jolida SJ502A, Squeezebox Touch, and Carmody Sunflowers
                            My Garage System:Marantz 2238B and Nano-Neos

Comment

Originally posted by whatatrip View Post
                              Also, I don't know your history but what does "I also will not miss Dayton" mean?
                              The 'Midwest AudioFest' of course! (formerly DIY Dayton)

I can see how that woulda been misconstrued as an area-jab.
                              Wolf
                              "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                              "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                              "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                              "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                              https://app.photobucket.com/u/wolf_teeth_speaker

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                              http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

So Sorry to hear this Wolf..... God will open up another door.
                                'Soupy'

Comment

Working...
                                X