Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: Chalk up another for the unemployment line....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OT: Chalk up another for the unemployment line....

Thanks, everyone!
    I'm certain I'll end up on my feet, it's just a matter of when. I'm not really getting down on it, just enjoying my time off, and looking as it goes.

There's always more time for speakers this way right?? Maybe not as much coin for it though...

Dan finally found work at least, but Marty, Pete, and I are all in the same boat. I'm sure something will come around.
    Later,
    Wolf
    "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
    "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
    "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
    "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
    https://app.photobucket.com/u/wolf_teeth_speaker

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
      Thanks, everyone!
      I'm certain I'll end up on my feet, it's just a matter of when. I'm not really getting down on it, just enjoying my time off, and looking as it goes.

There's always more time for speakers this way right?? Maybe not as much coin for it though...

Dan finally found work at least, but Marty, Pete, and I are all in the same boat. I'm sure something will come around.
      Later,
      Wolf
      Keep your head up Wolf, an opportunity can pop up when you least expect it. I'm the next guy on the couch but this gives me time to finish alot of projects that have been sitting untouched for months.

Good luck.
      Dan

Comment

Just learned a new word the other day: "funemployment"
        "...this is not a subwoofer" - Jeff Bagby ;)

Comment

I don't know your line of work but 80% of good jobs are found out and placed through people networking.

I too was given notice a month ago (my position has been moved to head office where I won't transfer). I also have 8.5 years with the firm. I now have 3 offers (one permanent and 2 hourly rate contract) - all via networking. I have this firm belief - like good houses always sell (even in a downturn), good people always get employed.

Get that network working for you... I don't know your line of work but linkedin.com isn't a bad idea to touch base with old colleagues....

On the idea front.... There are systems being sold in schools to assist the teacher to be heard. Basically surround sound and a microphone / bluetooth. These systems are quite expensive and there probably is a market for a more cost effective option. The systems are a bonus to hearing impaired students, to students in general and allow teachers to save their voices.

Comment

Dan/Dave-
            Sorry to hear you'll be out too.
            Sounds like you are on a good path to go back to work though....

Later,
            Wolf
            "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
            "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
            "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
            "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
            https://app.photobucket.com/u/wolf_teeth_speaker

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
            http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
              Dan/Dave-
              Sorry to hear you'll be out too.
              Sounds like you are on a good path to go back to work though....

Later,
              Wolf
              "We're" getting ready to hire off the street, Wolf. Two new programs coming to Kokomo, and production is really picking up. Send me a note if you want more info.

Jeff
              Click here for Jeff Bagby's Loudspeaker Design Software

Comment

Working...
              X