I got the world on a "thtring" . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got the world on a "thtring" . . .

A friend cut me a CD of some of his test tracks a while back. On there is Michale Buble, Got the World on a String . . .

My wife commented after hearing that, "wait, did he say "thtring?" I replayed it, and for the first time heard abtholutely clearly that Michael thez thtring. I'm am becoming more and more amazed at the clarity of the Scan speak, or as Michael would say, Thkan Thpeak.

:D
    R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio
    Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
    "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Re: I got the world on a "thtring" . . .

A friend cut me a CD of some of his test tracks a while back. On there is Michale Buble, Got the World on a String . . .

My wife commented after hearing that, "wait, did he say "thtring?" I replayed it, and for the first time heard abtholutely clearly that Michael thez thtring. I'm am becoming more and more amazed at the clarity of the Scan speak, or as Michael would say, Thkan Thpeak.

:D
    Try a pair of headphones.
    If you have a good set, they should reveal if it's in the recording.

Comment

Try a pair of headphones.
      If you have a good set, they should reveal if it's in the recording.
      It's definitely there. There are plenty of other recordings on the same CD that show no thines of lithping among the people thinging thimilar thoundth. In fact, later on in the same song, he manages to make it sound less lispy, but only succeeds partially. The quality of the recording is excellent, and I see why its on the CD. But the lisp, especially in the first verse, is startling. Makes me smile every time I hear it now.
      R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio
      Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

"Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

Yes, the first time I watched "Cable Guy" with my new Schumakubins, Jim Carrey's lisp jumped out at me. Joke.

I had a lisp and received remedial speech therapy in grade school. I remember that I had no idea I had a lisp until those classes.

Comment

Originally posted by djg View Post
          Yes, the first time I watched "Cable Guy" with my new Schumakubins, Jim Carrey's lisp jumped out at me. Joke.

I had a lisp and received remedial speech therapy in grade school. I remember that I had no idea I had a lisp until those classes.
          Ya Pete, you shouldn't be making fun of people with speech impediments. It's insensitive.

Comment

yeath, dont be inthenthitith:eek:
            " To me, the soundstage presentation is more about phase and distortion and less about size. However, when you talk about bass extension, there's no replacement for displacement". Tyger23. 4.2015

Quote Originally Posted by hongrn. Oct 2014
            Do you realize that being an American is like winning the biggest jackpot ever??

http://www.midwestaudioclub.com/spot...owell-simpson/
            http://s413.photobucket.com/albums/pp216/arlis/

Comment

Ya Pete, you shouldn't be making fun of people with speech impediments. It's insensitive.
              Yeah Pete, you need to watch everything you say and make sure it's not insensitive to anyone under any circumstance, or you will be shunned. :/

Comment

Hey, I'm not making fun of anybody.

I was merely pointing out that the recording was so good, and those Scans so clean, that his lisp was very audible. I was merely complimenting the recording.

Anything else you guyth read into it ith thimply falth thuppothithun. :D

Comment

Hey, I'm not making fun of anybody.

I was merely pointing out that the recording was so good, and those Scans so clean, that his lisp was very audible. I was merely complimenting the recording.

Anything else you guyth read into it ith thimply falth thuppothithun. :D
                  Yes, I know. But it was fun giving you a hard time.
                  Last edited by ; 06-07-2010, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Pete, your wife has sharp hearing....

Now that you know its there, go see if you can here it on your Schumakubins.

Marv

Comment

Yes, I know. But it's fun giving you a hard time.
                      I'll bet you're right. I'll have to try it sometime.

Comment

I can clearly hear it on my W15/OW1 computer setup too and that's with mp3. :D
                        "It is only Scrooge McDuck and others with a personality disorder who have money as their goal"

Comment

Re: Pete, your wife has sharp hearing....

Originally posted by marvin View Post
                          Now that you know its there, go see if you can here it on your Schumakubins.

Marv
                          They're still back at work. Haven't brought them home.

I'll try them with the Prisstinas and report back.

Comment

Re: Pete, your wife has sharp hearing....

They're still back at work. Haven't brought them home.
                            Pete, I thought you were among the unemployed?!? Have you found work?

My work is also next to non-existent from my employer. I will need to decide whether to ask for a lay off by the end of this month to keep my health benefits going. Can't spend much on my hobby this way:(

Marv

Comment

You never said what it was you were listening to that was so revealing.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X