on Sale - $55/pr (drivers & XO)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: on Sale - $55/pr (drivers & XO)

Chris - you having worked extensively with the ND105-4, I was wondering what, in your opinion, would be the smallest enclosure for a vented alignment.

Comment

The "Helium"? (I THINK that one uses the 105-4?)

Comment

The Helium, IIRC, uses the ND91-4 in the knock down PE 0.04' cab. Was wondering if I could get away with something like 0.12' for the 105.

Comment

Oops, sorry.
          Lithium?

Comment

Lithium. Thanks Chris. Just found the thread.

Comment

• Hello,Chris. Very nice speakers. Just what i was looking to pair with my led tv. I would like to build the ntns, Kidly guide me to crossover link if possible or else i have to read all 50 pages.

Comment

• Not Chris, but click on his name, then click on "media" tab and the Nano Neo's/NTN's are the last of three links. Should give you everything you need. BTW, good choice, they are a great set of speakers.
                Paul

The "SB's" build page
                http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...-4-(pic-heavy)

Comment

• Comment

• I did awhile back.
                    This is about 8 liters. And I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who has tried it...
                    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...roject-writeup
                    My opinion is that a pair might work, but one in 8 liters just sort of 'teased' me a bit. It did the deed, just a bit too low in volume to satisfy enough for my tastes.
                    You'd be a LOT better off looking at the Voxel Subwoofer by Paul Carmody I think...it's crazy good for the size and can play loud enough to really scratch the bass itch.
                    TomZ
                    *Veneering curves, seams, using heat-lock iron on method *Trimming veneer & tips *Curved Sides glue-up video
                    *Part 2 *Gluing multiple curved laminations of HDF *Cello's Speaker Project Page

*Building the "Micro-B 2.1 Plate Amplifier -- Part 1 * Part 2 * Part 3 * Part 4 * * Part 5 'Review' * -- Assembly Instructions PDF

Comment

• I built one and it was OK, but I agree with Tom's comment above 100%

Comment

• Comment

• Has anyone done a 2.0 version of the Nano Neos by merging the two speakers together with an in-built amp. I think this has already been tried out with the Overnight Sensations.

Comment

• On SALE (again - nearly 9 yrs later)

At least the drivers are on sale ($10 tweeter, $20 woofer).
                            Using Dayton's coils, a pair will run $100 using pp caps (or about $85 using npes).
                            You COULD save a little more by backing up to the 7-element (or even the 6-el) XO.

Comment

• I think Gracias had asked in one of the posts in this thread and also a pic is posted on page 42 of a Nano Neo MT with the woofer rear mounted. Does this affect the sound signature in any way compared to the front mounted version?

Comment

• I'd like to see that pic ('cause I could not find it) !
                                Putting THAT woofer on the back would be a very bad idea, since it plays up past 3k (normal "vocal" range is in the neighborhood of 300-3000 Hz).
                                The only way it works to have a woofer side (or rear) firing is if it plays no higher than about 150 (MAYbe 200?) Hz, or so. You're definitely talking a 3-way there, and more commonly a 3-way that's using a "sub" for the bottom.
                                Also, it would totally screw w/the phase.
                                Last edited by Chris Roemer; 02-05-2019, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X