Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tent Sale Spoils?

So what did you all get?

I got quite a bit for quite a little, monetarily.

Lists are boring so here are some pictures.

Not in that album are XO parts, some 1/4" jacks I needed, the last blue surround woofer from last year and one of those very long 2" port tubes.
    18hz is scary.

Re: Tent Sale Spoils?

im so jealous.
    " To me, the soundstage presentation is more about phase and distortion and less about size. However, when you talk about bass extension, there's no replacement for displacement". Tyger23. 4.2015

Quote Originally Posted by hongrn. Oct 2014
    Do you realize that being an American is like winning the biggest jackpot ever??

http://www.midwestaudioclub.com/spot...owell-simpson/
    http://s413.photobucket.com/albums/pp216/arlis/

Comment

Yeah-
      I got a bag of 100 count 100V poly 10uF caps for about $4, a set of the buyout black spikes for one of my next pairs, a pair of 8" Dayton waveguides, pair of W2-1767SA 2" "subs" for ~$5/ea, a 4th W2-803SM that I needed, some misc xover boards and parts for about $5 total, and a trio of drivers (one for $10, others -20%) that shall remain nameless at this point....

I came out okay! :D
      Wolf
      "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
      "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
      "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
      "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
      http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
      http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

I got a case+ of Vifa XT25's for $10 ($8). Build a CBT, pass 'em out like candy.

A driver for $10 ($8) that was offered back to Wolf. I didn't know they listed for so much...I'll never find another one for the same price.

A Scan Speak 2905/9500 missing a screw in the faceplate for $10 ($8)
        Mongo only pawn in game of life
        ____
        Ed

Comment

I only got there briefly during lunch. Did not have time to stand in the checkout line. Really bummed because I wanted some stuff. Would have had to haul it home on the airplane, tho.

I mean, HDMI cables for $2!! I'll take a dozen. Or should have....

Comment

Heh, I saw that same SS2905 last year, I didn't get it since there was only one and figured I didn't want to pay $$$ for the second one. I later regretted not getting it, but then the RS28F came out

I got a pair of Vifa PL11MH09-08 for $8 each, 4 big heavy duty castor wheels, some 12AWG speaker wire, some nice spring loaded folding steel cabinet handles, and another of the Peerless HDS Buyout 5.25" coated woofers to match the one I'd got earlier for testing, for about $5?

I was eyeing the Usher Usher 8945P, but, only one and didn't want to pay $$$ for the second one (particularly when I like the RS225 so much).
            "...this is not a subwoofer" - Jeff Bagby ;)

Comment

Originally posted by edlafontaine View Post
              I got a case+ of Vifa XT25's for $10 ($8). Build a CBT, pass 'em out like candy.
              You got a what now!?!? :eek: How is that even possible?
              Isn't it about time we started answering rhetorical questions?

Paul Carmody's DIY Audio Projects
              Twitter: @undefinition1

Comment

I picked up four Peerless 6.5" HDS 299-260 for $7 each, a couple of Peerless 8" 831002 for $7 each, two shielded Silkies for $5 each, a couple of the xbox spherex speakers $5 each, a SA240 for $30(!), and a 12 amp power supply for $40. I did end up going through twice so I could grab some of the smaller goods. I had to grab a handful of $2 HDMI's! There was much more purchased but won't put you guys through that. Also took the opportunity, and the 20% off, to get a bunch of crossover parts for unfinished projects. All in all a great day and thanks to PE for hosting the event and the hospitality. Can't wait for next year!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Carmody View Post
                  You got a what now!?!? :eek: How is that even possible?
                  They're Peerless V-Line XT25SC90's I'll wager. They sorta got replaced.
                  I was supposed to grab a couple....
                  Wolf
                  "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
                    Wolf
                    I've had an order for 50 of those on backorder for the last couple weeks...
                    "...this is not a subwoofer" - Jeff Bagby ;)

Comment

I've got a pair of something that looks like a scan-speak revelator 5.25" woofers for $24. Testing is yet to come. I also scored 2x dayton sa240s for $24 each and a hivi sp10 for $24. I also came away with 2x rs100-8 for 6$ each.

Comment

Originally posted by brianpowers27 View Post
                        I've got a pair of something that looks like a scan-speak revelator 5.25" woofers for $24. Testing is yet to come. I also scored 2x dayton sa240s for $24 each and a hivi sp10 for $24. I also came away with 2x rs100-8 for 6$ each.
                        geez, an sp10 for $24? is it... like... missing the voice coil or something? ha ha ha. i knew i shouldn't wait till lunch to get to the sale. unfortunately i just couldn't drag myself out of bed as early as i wanted. lesson learned. next year will be different.

Comment

Originally posted by brianpowers27 View Post
                          You know what? I found the pair to my black honeycomb-cone RS prototype, stowed under the big shelf, and...

forgot to go get it later. Nine bucks. I hope no one finds it until next year...
                          18hz is scary.

Comment

wolf posted:
                            Nope, They are Vifa Logic XT25SC50-4's, which became the XT25SC90-4's

Wolf, ygm
                            Mongo only pawn in game of life
                            ____
                            Ed

Comment

Originally posted by edlafontaine View Post
                              Nope, They are Vifa Logic XT25SC50-4's, which became the XT25SC90-4's

Wolf, ygm
                              That's the previous model. I remembered seeing V-line on them, and that is what my SC50's are.

Thanks, Ed!
                              Later,
                              Wolf

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:

Comment

Working...
                              X