Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A pretty good idea.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • A pretty good idea.

    I sometimes need a small disposable container to mix up epoxy, dispense glue, clean paint brushes or whatever. I've tried using party cups and such, but solvents usually cause the plastic to melt. Then I got the idea to recycle aluminum cans. Cut the lid off, then rinse out and dry the can and you have a wonderful one-use container.

    Attached Files
    Last edited by ; 08-06-2010, 09:10 PM.

  • #2
    Re: A pretty good idea.

    You can then return them for your 10 cent deposit!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: A pretty good idea.

      Work pretty good for pens & pencils to

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: A pretty good idea.

        we use to grind it on cement floor to get the top off and use it as a cup ... we do not cut it off because of the sharf edge.... and that how people still doing it now in many other parts of the world.... I almost forget about this aluminum cup until you bring it up..

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: A pretty good idea.

          Coke cans have a warmer tone...
          Pepsi cans are more analytical...
          Mountain Dew are a little edgy...

          I've been doing this for years to hold my kitchen cooking grease drippings. When full, (and solidified) you just throw it away and cut the top off of a new one...

          C
          Curt's Speaker Design Works

          "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
          - Aristotle

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: A pretty good idea.

            Originally posted by curt_c View Post
            Coke cans have a warmer tone...
            Pepsi cans are more analytical...
            Mountain Dew are a little edgy...

            I've been doing this for years to hold my kitchen cooking grease drippings. When full, (and solidified) you just throw it away and cut the top off of a new one...

            C
            My dad fries perch in bacon grease. Yum, yum.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: A pretty good idea.

              You should have hyphenated "one use" (one-use). Ha ha, I've been dying to catch you in a spelling or grammar error just for the heck of it.:p
              Paul

              I sometimes need a small disposable container to mix up epoxy, dispense glue, clean paint brushes or whatever. I've tried using party cups and such, but solvents usually cause the plastic to melt. Then I got the idea to recycle aluminum cans. Cut the lid off and rinse out and dry the can and you have a wonderful one use container.

              Comment


              • #8
                At-a-boy, Paul!!

                [QUOTE=Paul K.;1661415]You should have hyphenated "one use" (one-use). Ha ha, I've been dying to catch you in a spelling or grammar error just for the heck of it.:p
                Paul[/QUOTE

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: A pretty good idea.

                  You did "THAT" to a can of purple!!!!!!!:p
                  THOMAS BROWN aka "STINKY"

                  I've got an idea - an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about. - Peter Griffin

                  I DON'T CARE WHAT KIND OF MUSIC YOU LISTEN TO, OR LIKE.
                  SHUT UP, PUT DOWN THE WALLS OF PRETENSION FOR 1 SECOND AND JUST LISTEN TO THE SONGS
                  - SCOTT IAN

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: A pretty good idea.

                    Originally posted by dusty View Post
                    we use to grind it on cement floor to get the top off and use it as a cup ... we do not cut it off because of the sharf edge.... and that how people still doing it now in many other parts of the world.... I almost forget about this aluminum cup until you bring it up..
                    Dude, NO SHARP EDGES! My can opener cuts cleanly and since aluminum is so soft, it leaves a very smooth cut. Really.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: A pretty good idea.

                      Originally posted by curt_c View Post
                      Coke cans have a warmer tone...
                      Pepsi cans are more analytical...
                      Mountain Dew are a little edgy...

                      C
                      Coca Cola went to town,
                      Pepsi Cola shot him down.
                      Dr. Pepper fixed him up.
                      Now they all drink 7up!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: At-a-boy, Paul!!

                        Actually I should have said, "spelling or grammar of punctuation error". I hope Alan takes my comment with a big dose of humor since he's the resident King at catching the rest of us making errors.
                        Paul

                        [QUOTE=marvin;1661416]
                        Originally posted by Paul K. View Post
                        You should have hyphenated "one use" (one-use). Ha ha, I've been dying to catch you in a spelling or grammar error just for the heck of it.:p
                        Paul[/QUOTE

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: A pretty good idea.

                          Originally posted by Thomas Brown View Post
                          You did "THAT" to a can of purple!!!!!!!:p
                          After I drank the contents.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: At-a-boy, Paul!!

                            Originally posted by Paul K. View Post
                            Actually I should have said, "spelling or grammar of punctuation error". I hope Alan takes my comment with a big dose of humor since he's the resident King at catching the rest of us making errors.
                            Paul
                            I don't mind being corrected one bit, even if by Darryl of all people!
                            I value learning far above petty emotionality.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: At-a-boy, Paul!!

                              Originally posted by Paul K.
                              Actually I should have said, "spelling or grammar of punctuation error". I hope Alan takes my comment with a big dose of humor since he's the resident King at catching the rest of us making errors.
                              Paul
                              You forgot your comma after "Actually", Paul.

                              :D

                              /quietly sneaks away from thread

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X