Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: E-Wave Mini?

Originally posted by Zilch View Post
    The sim must include the actual impedance measurement (or parameters derived therefrom) of the driver used itself to calculate the transfer function accurately. I don't have the 228J woofer used in the dual 8", but I can do that in PCD for the 226J for the dual 6" AC26. It'll be #5 or 6 down the list of stuff here, so give me a couple of days to get that accomplished. Flush-mounting the drivers in the KLH-24 prototype and measuring the difference in directivity performance has highest priority right now, and after that, I'll be rounding over the cab edges and remeasuring, so we'll have the full spectrum of "best practice" covered.

I'm also looking pretty seriously at 2.5 TMM using pairs of the buyout K6.5s in 8" wide Dayton MTM-0.75 cabs with the 6" square waveguide. With a spare pair of baffles for those, I can also make up the MTM for measurement.

Assuming the current 8" TM with the 6" waveguide continues improving (it's damn good right now), it'll be migrating over to "Flex It" in the 10" wide Dayton TW-0.75 with Beta 8A woofers, along with the 6" TM in the 8" wide TW-0.50. I still need to settle on a more readily available 6.5" woofer for that, but may default to the JBL 226J; buyouts are fun, but they are just not sustainable in prime time.

I've already done a TM using the 8" square waveguide and 8" woofer in AR4X cab, earning a gratuitous 1-star rating over there for the effort. It's going to be tough duty cramming that larger combo into TM-0.75, so I'm looking at potentially using the squircle Delta-Pro 8B as the woofer, instead.... :rolleyes:
    I'll have to see how the Delta Pro 8 performs in comparison to the JBL. Do any of the baffles have a arch to them? Does this matter?

I would be making the roundovered sides but didn't know if you thought it would be beneficial to just make an exact copy of the AC28/ AC26?

Or should I make a copy and add additional roundovered edges?

Comment

cant speak to the quality but, i saw this and thought i would pass it on anyway http://www.mcmelectronics.com/produc...tm_term=53-655
      " To me, the soundstage presentation is more about phase and distortion and less about size. However, when you talk about bass extension, there's no replacement for displacement". Tyger23. 4.2015

Quote Originally Posted by hongrn. Oct 2014
      Do you realize that being an American is like winning the biggest jackpot ever??

http://www.midwestaudioclub.com/spot...owell-simpson/
      http://s413.photobucket.com/albums/pp216/arlis/

Comment

Originally posted by chrapladm View Post
        Or should I make a copy and add additional roundovered edges?
        Hang with me a bit longer on this -- we'll have the data on recessing the drivers flush and then rounding over the cab edges posted here shortly, and then, with that knowledge, on to some solutions anyone can build successfully.

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
        Can't speak to the quality but, i saw this and thought i would pass it on anyway....
        EconoWave is striving to do better. We've know for years about the exemplary directivity characteristics of the little 6" square $6 JBL Progressive Transition waveguide, and are working toward optimum exploitation of that in this thread. From what I'm measuring and hearing here, we are getting mighty close, now....

Comment

Sorry ......I was getting ready to order my Selenium CDs and forgot ....are the 6/8" JBL WGs screw on type or bolt-on?

Comment

Yes, that looks good, and will probably sound good, as well, though we're trying to push that LF breakup peak at 4+ kHz you're showing at -10 dB down lower. Best I got it was -20 dB crossed just over 2 kHz.

Invert the HF polarity and save as overlay to show in your system response plot. You've got good summation; the depth of the inverse polarity notch will indicate whether you're on the forward axis....
            Here's the reverse null overlay.....

Comment

I've already done a TM using the 8" square waveguide and 8" woofer in AR4X cab, earning a gratuitous 1-star rating over there for the effort. ...
              LMAO.

Thread barometer says a storm's comin'. :D
              http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/14/bu...html?src=busln

http://mixonline.com/mag/audio_new_york_metro_46/

Comment

Sorry ......I was getting ready to order my Selenium CDs and forgot ....are the 6/8" JBL WGs screw on type or bolt-on?
                Thread-on, both of them....

Comment

Originally posted by gye View Post
                  Here's the reverse null overlay.....
                  Now, with the polarity inverted, dial the vertical up and down with the spinner. The notch will deepen the direction of the forward axis....

Comment

• Re: Eminence E-Wave Mini?

How much is the factory crossover?
                    Factory crossover for AC28/95 is $138.95 and the H/V switching input terminal cup is $27.17.

List prices, US$.....

Comment

Might just have to buy one of the crossovers for my AC28 clone.;)

Comment

Now, with the polarity inverted, dial the vertical up and down with the spinner. The notch will deepen the direction of the forward axis....
                        Center-to-center Distance = 7.5" = 0.19 meters -> Tweeter offset = 0.095 & Woofer offset = -0.095

Peak null is at -2.86 degrees

Comment

Might just have to buy one of the crossovers for my AC28 clone.;)
                          Seems like the terminal cup alone will tell us (almost) what we need to know.

Originally posted by gye View Post
                          Center-to-center Distance = 7.5" = 0.19 meters -> Tweeter offset = 0.095 & Woofer offset = -0.095

Comment

• http://www.jblproservice.com/pdf/AE%...ls/AC26-WH.pdf
                            Attached Files

Comment

JBL says FAT will:
                              "Independently control the dual woofers for magnitude and phase response resulting in smoother power response and constant coverage."
                              But what exactly is this beyond a ".5" inductor in series with the helper woofer?
                              http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/14/bu...html?src=busln

http://mixonline.com/mag/audio_new_york_metro_46/

Comment

In this case, it's a 3rd order lowpass augmented with a 2nd order lowpassed "helper" at the BSC frequency, apparently.

Note how they give the primary filter a little underdamped "bump" at the top to coax out 3 dB more net system SPL.

[Don't know who they are, but they are clearly smarter than yer ordinary Zilchster.... ;) ]

Comment

Working...
                                X