DIY NE - One week to go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY NE - One week to go

This one is shaping up to be very interesting. We'll have several systems coming in, Ruinations, New Horizons, Beasties, Avia Trix, Statement Monitors, John K's new NaO Note and maybe others if some come who have not declared.

I'll have my Chameleons again and a 3-way dipole in progress. The latter has been set up initially using the Ultimate System Linearizer in SE V17 and more recently the Ultimate Equalizer recently released by Bohdan.

On that last one, we'll have a demonstration of the new Ultimate Equalizer by John K. I've used it with measurements I made using LAUD, John will demonstrate the full capabilities including measurement. Folks, it doesn't get much easier than this.

The living room carpet has been professionally cleaned today, there's a new hot water heater in the basement just today, and the basement is now dry. :eek:

"I can't hardly wait.".

dlr
    WinPCD - Windows .NET Passive Crossover Designer

Dave's Speaker Pages

Re: DIY NE - One week to go

I'm looking forward to the DIY thanks for hosting it Dave. Besides Speakers and CD's is there anything else we should or shouldn't bring along for the gathering? (food, beverages, etc)

Thanks again
    Jay
    "I like Brewski's threads, they always end up being hybrid beer/speaker threads based on the name of his newest creation." - Greywarden

Breakfast Stout - HiVi RT2 II/Aurasound NS6
    Imperial Russian Stout - Vifa DX25/Fountek FW146/(2) Fountek FW168s - Built by Fastbike
    Ruination 2.5 way - Vifa DX25/Fountek FW168
    Levitation TM
    - Vifa BC25SG15/Fountek FW168

Comment

Originally posted by dlr View Post
      This one is shaping up to be very interesting. We'll have several systems coming in, Ruinations, New Horizons, Beasties, Avia Trix, Statement Monitors, John K's new NaO Note and maybe others if some come who have not declared.

I'll have my Chameleons again and a 3-way dipole in progress. The latter has been set up initially using the Ultimate System Linearizer in SE V17 and more recently the Ultimate Equalizer recently released by Bohdan.

On that last one, we'll have a demonstration of the new Ultimate Equalizer by John K. I've used it with measurements I made using LAUD, John will demonstrate the full capabilities including measurement. Folks, it doesn't get much easier than this.

The living room carpet has been professionally cleaned today, there's a new hot water heater in the basement just today, and the basement is now dry. :eek:

"I can't hardly wait.".

dlr
      I am hoping (expecting) that one of the builder of the Note will put up a build thread over at DIY Audio. Probably be a while though. There are already a number of systems being built. Strangely, all are in Europe or Australia.
      John k.... Music and Design NaO dsp Dipole Loudspeakers.

Comment

This one is shaping up to be very interesting. We'll have several systems coming in, Ruinations, New Horizons, Beasties, Avia Trix, Statement Monitors, John K's new NaO Note and maybe others if some come who have not declared.........

"I can't hardly wait.".

dlr
        I thought I declared a while back in the earlier NE DIY thread. PPP's are coming. Looking forward to all the systems!
        Carl
        Live in Southern N.E.? check out the CT Audio Society web site.

Comment

Originally posted by carlspeak View Post
          I thought I declared a while back in the earlier NE DIY thread. PPP's are coming. Looking forward to all the systems!
          Carl
          I knew you were planning to come. To be honest, I was drawing a blank on PPP. I found your post on the CT Audio Society with the reference. I'll add it to the list.

dlr

Dave's Speaker Pages

Comment

I am very excited to see the software. I have been concidering a significat upgrade in software capeability for a while, just never got to see, touch, or feel some of it for the $$$.

The New Horizons and Beasties are looking forward to their trip as well. It will be nice to meet a few people and see some old faces again

Comment

............. the Ultimate Equalizer recently released by Bohdan.

dlr
              What is this "Ultimate Equalizer" of which you speak? Easy, you say?

Please provide info & links, I am in curious--my basement is a pain in the ear:p

Marv

Comment

Originally posted by marvin View Post
                What is this "Ultimate Equalizer" of which you speak? Easy, you say?

Please provide info & links, I am in curious--my basement is a pain in the ear:p

Marv
                UE description

dlr

Dave's Speaker Pages

Comment

"I can't hardly wait."
                  You can't hardly wait? How about you can't wait or you can hardly wait.
                  It won't be long.

Comment

You can't hardly wait? How about you can't wait or you can hardly wait.
                    It won't be long.
                    Notice the quotation marks. It was meant tongue-in-cheek.

dlr

Dave's Speaker Pages

Comment

Hi Dave,

Thanks for hosting again.

I'm going to bring a small two way using a Vifa neodyneum tweeter mated to the PartsExpress 6" ellptical waveguide and a SEAS ER15RLY 5.5" midwoofer.

I'll probably bring a powered sub to go with them as they only get down to 60Hz.

I might bring a budget version of the same idea using the Dayton soft dome tweeter and the 4.5" elliptical waveguide and a small peerless poly midwoofer but leave them in the car unless we get bored.

What can I bring for food, etc?

Bill
                      The first one through the wall always gets the bloodiest...

Comment

Notice the quotation marks. It was meant tongue-in-cheek.

dlr
                        I know, but I just had to look it up. Can hardly wait or can't hardly wait.
                        I'm not sure if I have it down pact or down pat. :D

Comment

I know, but I just had to look it up. Can hardly wait or can't hardly wait.
                          I'm not sure if I have it down pact or down pat. :D

The Replacements said it best

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rO062hjZpA
                          "If you cannot find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it? - Dogen

"Why are you wearing that stupid human suit" - Frank

"We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back" - Roland

Comment

If I hadn't just gotten out of the car from the trip home from IA, I'd be sorely tempted to..... really.

Comment

Originally posted by maynardg View Post
                              If I hadn't just gotten out of the car from the trip home from IA, I'd be sorely tempted to..... really.
                              Just promise you will make it up here some day. I , for one, am itching to hear your creations in a major way.

Comment

Working...
                              X