Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring a headphones Jack to speakers

Hi,

I am new to wiring speakers, but would really like to figure out how to wire (x2) miniature waterproof speakers, battery operated, to a headphone jack that I can plug in to my iphone... Any ideas?

Re: Wiring a headphones Jack to speakers

You'll need one of these:
    http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...number=092-157

Comment

So, I kind of understand to get the wiring directly from the speaker to a headphone jack.. But, what if I wanted the speakers to run off of a battery rather than the power of the ipod? At that point, I am suspecting that I would need some sort of board wired in... Any thoughts?

Comment

You'd need an amplifier.. just hooking a battery up won't work. You can buy small headphone amplifiers that might work well or desk top amplifiers. Does this need to be portable?

Comment

You could use something like this http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...number=300-385

Comment

The actual application for this project is to put waterproof speakers in my hiking backpack... So, I would like to be able to plug my iphone in and hike while listening/providing music for everyone... So, I want to run a headphone jack from my iphone to some sort of amplifier that will then run the wiring to the speakers I will place in the straps of my backpack.... What would be the best route to accomplish that?

Comment

The little amp board I linked built into some type of container with a rechargable battery would work.. I don't have enough information to link you to a case / battery but that's the general idea. Provide the board power, send your headphone jack to it from your ipod.. then hook your speakers up to it's output.. and listen to your music.

Comment

Working...
              X