Ckydiy 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ckydiy 2010

The Central Kentucky DIY Audio Speaker Show will be held on Nov. 20, 2010 in Frankfort Kentucky.

Please see our WebSite for more information.

If you want to enter a Speaker(s) in this Show, please E-Mail me or post in this Thread.

Also Let me know if you want to attend a GTG the night of Nov. 19 (Fri).

Should be a great time for all.
    Ed

Re: Ckydiy 2010

Hey Ed, I'll be there, both events. Looking forward to it.
    "If you cannot find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it? - Dogen

"Why are you wearing that stupid human suit" - Frank

"We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back" - Roland

Comment

I'll be there. I also know some who would like to see what is going on.
      Mongo only pawn in game of life
      ____
      Ed

Comment

Originally posted by Froste View Post
        The Central Kentucky DIY Audio Speaker Show will be held on Nov. 20, 2010 in Frankfort Kentucky.

If you want to enter a Speaker(s) in this Show, please E-Mail me or post in this Thread.

The drive alone was worth it. Too bad that pizza joint McJerry, Leo and I visited is closed...

Comment

Originally posted by Froste View Post

Ed- put me down as a maybe at this point for both the Attitudes (hope to do the test again, need a half-hour) and the &roids. I would like to attend the Fri night bash, but that is somewhat unlikely. I'll let you know as it gets closer to the event, and might not be until the Thursday before. It really depends on the employment factor for me at this time.
          Later,
          Wolf
          "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
          "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
          "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
          "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
          http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
          http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Originally posted by AaronH View Post
            The drive alone was worth it. Too bad that pizza joint McJerry, Leo and I visited is closed...
            This is in Frankfort this time, not Lawrenceburg, so it's a different spot.
            Later,
            Wolf
            "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:

Comment

The site this year is the Paul Sawyier Library in downtown Frankfort. This is adjacent to the metal arch bridge which crosses the Kentucky River. We locals refer to it as the "singing bridge" due to the metal grid driving surface.

The Community Room of the Library will accommodate up to 100 people. It appears well suited to this event.
              ____
              Ed

Comment

Ed the 2nd,

I will attend all functions (hopefully). Still no speakers to bring , I just wish to enjoy the visit and seeing the new designs.

Rollie

Comment

I'm a maybe as well for the Byzantiums and the PCeiver (hope to have 500W/ch by then).
                  R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio
                  Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
                  "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

Plan to be there Saturday; Friday is wife's birthday and our anniviersy - miss that and I am in DOG HOUSE.

Plan to bring two pair of desktop ways, the S.P.O.O.S.E.'s and a semi-omni, the Stormy.

George
                    "In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semi-human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." - Edward Hoagland

Comment

If I make it, I hope to do another 'test' of sorts, akin to Iowa's now infamous 'test'. '&roids' should also be done by then.

I hope I can, as it's shaping up well....
                      Wolf

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:

Comment

I will bring the EnAbl mules. I have a receiver w/ remote and player to set up separately. It will allow switching between the pairs with no adjustment of the settings. Put the speakers under a cloth and hear what happens.
                        ____
                        Ed

Comment

I have updated the WebSite. Looks like there will be a good turn out with some fun stuff.

For those of you that do not know much about Frankfort, it is located on the Kentucky River and I-64, and 25 miles west of the I-75/I-64 interchange and 55 miles east of the I-64/I-65/I-71 interchange. The Show is being held at the local Library in DownTown Frankfort which overlooks the River. So You can get here by boat or car. Also there are three Airports within 50 miles.
                          Ed

Comment

Just 28 days to go. Anyone else comming?
                            Ed

Comment

I'll be there - hopefully Ed and I will be able to audition a completed and tweaked "Metropolis" although it still may not be painted. We've been working the vagaries of BSC on a large floorstander in different rooms as after the F8 bass-caution seems wise :p

Ed's: do you want the Cambridge Azur 840C for a source? It's a short drive and so I don't have a problem bringing it. I probably won't be able to make the night before as I will be proceeding to GF's house as soon as the DIY ends.

Cheers / Robert

Comment

Working...
                              X