• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wolf
    replied
    Re: Ckydiy 2010

Originally posted by edlafontaine View Post
    Does anyone know if the cap combinations from the listening session have been posted?
    Nope- and I don't plan to until I've done a third test group. I'll publish the results as an anonymous-cap basis like I did before from Iowa, and that is it until the full writeup.

YGM!
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• edlafontaine
    replied

Does anyone know if the cap combinations from the listening session have been posted?

Leave a comment:

• edlafontaine
    replied

Thanks Rollie

That was a wonderful track. I need to get it for demo purposes.

Leave a comment:

• rtkelly
    replied

Ed,

That track was on my Emotiva sampler. The song was O Mio Babbino Caro, Miriam Gauci, on album PUCCINI (THE BEST OF). This CD was produced by Naxos of America for Emotiva as a demo to audition their speakers.

Hope this helps,
    Rollie

Leave a comment:

• DjDisturbed
    replied

I first want to thank Froste for his hospitality and for the Pizza .
    I had a great time nice to meet all of you. I will put up some pictures that my other half took in the morning. We volunteered to help out with the Flying Monkey Marathon the next morning so I've been busy ever since.

Leave a comment:

• edlafontaine
    replied

What was the first selection played on the e-Waves?...the classical opera track?

Leave a comment:

• theLinks
    replied

Originally posted by captainobvious99 View Post
    Lets go gentleman...get those pics up

Sounds like you all had a great time. Wish we had some events around NE Pennsylvania...
    Check Froste's thread above. :D

Leave a comment:

• captainobvious99
    replied

Lets go gentleman...get those pics up

Sounds like you all had a great time. Wish we had some events around NE Pennsylvania...

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied

Originally posted by Brewski View Post
    Congrats to Wolf on the Attitudes.
    Take it easy
    Jay
    Thanks, Jay!
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• Brewski
    replied

Sounds like fun was had by all Congrats to Wolf on the Attitudes. Wish I was closer to KY to meet some of the folks there.

Take it easy
    Jay

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied

Originally posted by edlafontaine View Post
    Glad I got to learn a little more about listening to caps.
    ...And I hope it was easy to hear afterwards. I'm glad it was a memorable occasion, and I hope you did get more out of it having 2 exams now beneath you. As discussed in the large thread before- being 'trained' and 'knowing' what changes is half the battle, and it makes it a ton easier.

Glad you enjoyed it!
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied

Originally posted by theLinks View Post
    btw, theLinks, not Mr. Linkage, lol!
    Tim
    Heh- I didn't only twist your handle...
    I thought it was funny!! :D

Glad you could tell on test 2. I'll be writing up the test shortly in my blog.
    Later,
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• robertclark
    replied

I had a really great time at CKDIY. Many thanks to the gang for putting on an exellent event. The GTG that Ed and his wife hosted at their home was top drawer too (more pizza anyone?). Many thanks fro your gracious hospitality.

The town of Frankfort is a picturesque place! I loved it's "small town " charm. The venue was pretty decent if not unusual in it's location (SHHHHHHH!!!!!!! We are really reading across the hall..........). I was a little concerned with the squarish room and I was sitting in a node so I thought I heard some emphasis in the upper bass region on many of the entries.

Congrats to Wolf on the Attitudes as best of show. They sounded great even in the smaller room vs. Iowa's auditorium. Again, a great design with exellent control of the RS210HF in the low pass section. (Wolf, the padding will be back in the PMHE's to what I had at Iowa).

Can't believe I got the cap test right this time. I tried to put more effort into my critical listening so I guess it paid off. Taking that test again was a help to me.

It was nice to finally hear your Metropolis entry Robert. They sounded pretty good and I liked that sealed Genelec woofer. I'm sure you'll have the final tweaking done on the Seas mid before Indiana. I also liked that "Art Deco" look that Ed did on your cabinets. I had some tracks from "Batman" by the Cincinnati Pops that would have been pretty appropriate if played through them!

Ed's Econowaves were fantastic as usual (Love that cabinet!). I went to the the back of the room for that demo. They have a huge soundstage and produced an effortless sound especially on the classical opera track that was played. The B & C compression driver's reproduction was great and I swore that it sounded as if the microphone was just millimeters away from the sopranos vocal chords on that recording. WOW!

I also liked the Zaph two way entry. I'm starting to like that SB dimple dome a bit more and the ZA14's no slouch either. All in all, a nice combo.

Froste,
    Best wishes to you and your wife and God speed to your grandson who's headed to the Navy bootcamp on Monday.

Leave a comment:

• edlafontaine
    replied

I must re-direct all appreciation being expressed to Froste. I appreciate his efforts as he was the one responsible for putting this together.

The pizza was memorable.

It was a good choice of location. It would satisfy again.

Good to see the new faces. Come back.

Glad I got to learn a little more about listening to caps.

Leave a comment:

• theLinks
    replied

Ben, the attitudes were very nice, I'm thinking something more of a passive name than attitudes. They blended well and played everthing without any flaws. I still think you have a secret you're not sharing. ;) Thanks for your work on the cap test. I only got one right, but the second test was very noticable, even I could figure that out. Night and day. I was hoping to get them all wrong. :D btw, theLinks, not Mr. Linkage, lol!
    Tim

Leave a comment:

Working...
X