ARTA box, questions, comments?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARTA box, questions, comments?

As found here. Anyone ever make one? I want to, tired of the spaghetti that is my measurement rig.

I would like to know what parts to order and from where. I spoke with one of the ET here at work today and he was questioning the zener diodes and their usefulness and made some suggestions along those lines.

My eventual goal is to have everything but the mic installed inside of a PC case, throw a handle on it and have a simple, yet very mobile measurement rig which is not based on a laptop or other damage-prone PC form factor.
    Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Re: ARTA box, questions, comments?

Originally posted by johnnyrichards View Post
    My eventual goal is to have everything but the mic installed inside of a PC case, throw a handle on it and have a simple, yet very mobile measurement rig which is not based on a laptop or other damage-prone PC form factor.
    Make sure you put a good amplifier inside the case, also--this one is a 40W LM3886 stereo amp

Click image for larger version

Name:	arta.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	1131489
    Free Passive Speaker Designer Lite (PSD-Lite) -- http://www.audiodevelopers.com/Softw...Lite/setup.exe

Comment

As found here. Anyone ever make one? I want to, tired of the spaghetti that is my measurement rig.

I would like to know what parts to order and from where. I spoke with one of the ET here at work today and he was questioning the zener diodes and their usefulness and made some suggestions along those lines.

Build a little box out of Radio Shack parts. Easy. I have all of my measurement stuff in a plastic shoe box, except the laptop. Mic pre, chip amp, cables, etc. Easy to tote around that way.

Comment

Neil - that is exactly what I have in mind.

Maynard - does the "Shack" still carry that type of electronic components?

Comment

Neil - that is exactly what I have in mind.

Maynard - does the "Shack" still carry that type of electronic components?
          I have no idea! Haven't been in one for a few years.

Comment

I built the test box, and got all the parts from PE, got the small box from "The Shack". Oh and one resistor I got from elsewere. However I have yet to use it. Hope to test it soon.
            Ed

Comment

Originally posted by Froste View Post
              I built the test box, and got all the parts from PE, got the small box from "The Shack". Oh and one resistor I got from elsewere. However I have yet to use it. Hope to test it soon.
              Can you PM me the parts list you used?

Comment

Working...
              X