Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Behringer B2031A vs ER18DXT - which would win?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Behringer B2031A vs ER18DXT - which would win?

Originally posted by johnnyrichards View Post
    Actually, you don't know what you are talking about. Give it some time, and you might learn that money is not the primary motivator of people working hard. Again, that will come with age and experience.

Also, people will work for two dollars an hour when two dollars an hour affords them the living they need. To talk about hourly wages there vs. here is a red herring without comparing what that dollar buys and to hold it up as any kind of metric is complete and utter nonsense, and to try to prove a point around that is, as Pete put it, "Hogwash".:rolleyes:

So what, exactly, was your point?

To argue against these points is just wrong LMFAO, call back when you live a little and realize there is more you don't know, more than you have ever suspected you don't know. Every day I learn more of what I don't know, and I remember when I was 22 and pretty sure I could make a statement like "To argue against these points is just wrong" and be completely confident that I drove the final nail, so to speak.

Every day I understand a little more when the guys older than me have always condemned the youth - they really don't know anything.

I guess you missed the part where I said

I'm not sure what the cost of living is there but if that is enough to meet their needs, your point is valid.

Now even still, that's only saying the $2000 a year average is enough to keep themselves alive. Not enough to live comfortably.

How much money do you need in China?

The amount of money you need in China obviously depends largely on your living standards. As a rough estimate, calculate with the following budgets:

Minimum survival - around US$ 400 (per month): This is the money you need for a bare-bone existence if you don’t have to pay for housing. It reflects the average income of many locals and allows you to live on noodles and rice, buy a Western dinner every once in a while, take a taxi in case you really need it, and pay for basic health treatment at local Chinese clinics.

Average – around US$ 1000: This allows you to rent a basic apartment (in major cities a very basic one!), enjoy a bit of Chinese culture, do some travel and pay health insurance.

Luxury: If you want to live a “good life” with higher class living standards similar to those in your home country, there are no limits as to what you can spend in China. If you want a villa-style house and to send your children to an international school, these two things alone can cost you as much as US$ 100,000 per year in major cities.
    Now imagine living there on $200 a month or so which is what the original source I looked at said was average for manufacturing jobs.

Comment

Why do controlled listening tests with large numbers of subjects, when the only person you're trying to please is yourself?
      Because we are not alone in this.

When I have my diehard objectivist robe on, I give no more credence to my own opinions and preferences that to anyone else's, with full recognition of the prospect that both are subject to change as soon as the next time we listen.

The statistics of controlled listening tests tell us how close we are to a somewhat more stable normative mark.

Opinions are fun in their own right, of course, but it's important to recognize and acknowledge that we're talking about ourselves, not loudspeakers, in that instance. Our opinions and preferences define US, not them. For that, we must look elsewhere, and thankfully, this is also increasingly available to us all....

Comment

aj got banned? whs gona chek my gramerr:D
        on a sidenote. my mom said i would go blind and i can still see.
        " To me, the soundstage presentation is more about phase and distortion and less about size. However, when you talk about bass extension, there's no replacement for displacement". Tyger23. 4.2015

Quote Originally Posted by hongrn. Oct 2014
        Do you realize that being an American is like winning the biggest jackpot ever??

http://www.midwestaudioclub.com/spot...owell-simpson/
        http://s413.photobucket.com/albums/pp216/arlis/

Comment

Originally posted by Zilch View Post

Opinions are fun in their own right, of course, but it's important to recognize and acknowledge that we're talking about ourselves, not loudspeakers, in that instance. Our opinions and preferences define US, not them. For that, we must look elsewhere, and thankfully, that is also increasingly available to us....
          Spot on. Would you agree that a collection of opinions and preferences from very large numbers of people can help understand the foundations of those preferences and their correlates in technical measurements?

I hope so, otherwise, the objectivist position holds little of value in the real world of listening.

The subjectivist and objectivist are complimentary and can both be investigated quatitatively.

Comment

Originally posted by arlis_1957@yahoo.com View Post
            my mom said i would go blind and i can still see.
            :D
            Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

aj got banned? whs gona chek my gramerr:D

I'm sorry. This comment is totally inappropriate in a thread dedicated to my speaker's greatness...
              audioheuristics isn't around right now...

Comment

Originally posted by markk View Post
                i'm Sorry. This Comment Is Totally Inappropriate In A Thread Dedicated To My Speaker's Greatness...
                :D
                Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

She got it wrong -- you can't hear worth a whit, instead.... :p

Originally posted by maynardg View Post
                  Spot on. Would you agree that a collection of opinions and preferences from very large numbers of people can help understand the foundations of those preferences and their correlates in technical measurements?
                  Yes, of course. That's gotta be apparent in what I do....

I'm sorry. This comment is totally inappropriate in a thread dedicated to my speaker's greatness...
                  I'm working on besting it for peanuts -- there's a shootout in our futures.

[We'll charge admission.... ;) ]

Comment

Tyranny of the masses...

Oh man, now five votes for the Bger! I bet some supervisor from the Beringher factory read this and is forcing the assembly workers to vote against me (personally...)

You can see I find this very thread very amusing. Despite the fact that I doubt anyone has actually listened side by side to both of these (Lord knows I haven't-which makes me, apparently, as qualified as everyone else to comment on global labor relations...), it's generated a lot of votes, opinions and talk of blindness...
                    audioheuristics isn't around right now...

Comment

Re: Tyranny of the masses...

Oh man, now five votes for the Bger! I bet some supervisor from the Beringher factory read this and is forcing the assembly workers to vote against me (personally...)

You can see I find this very thread very amusing. Despite the fact that I doubt anyone has actually listened side by side to both of these (Lord knows I haven't-which makes me, apparently, as qualified as everyone else to comment on global labor relations...), it's generated a lot of votes, opinions and talk of blindness...
                      A poll on speakers which haven't been heard is no worse than a vote for a politician who has said nothing of substance. Perhaps a slogan like "sound you can believe in".

Comment

Originally posted by m.a.c. View Post
                        Pete, FWIW your credibility in my book has gone from passing to negative. Seriously.
                        Oh no, I'm crushed. What will I do . . . ?

Originally posted by m.a.c. View Post
                        I would wager that you have never heard any of SL's designs, let alone read (and understood) any of the work he's done.

:rolleyes:
                        Can't hear written words or theories. And yes, I understand and have read plenty of SLs stuff. Are the Orions the finest speakers on earth? Really? In who's OPINION?

I've heard plenty of excellent designs, including plenty of well designed and researched OBs.

Now, I have a question for you.

Ever heard one of DoubleTap's efforts?

:rolleyes:
                        R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio
                        Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
                        "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

Re: Please, guys, let's stay on topic.

the Topic Being How Great My Speaker Is And How It Crushes The Competition...

when I Find Out Who Voted For The Bger, Ooooh, To The Moon!
                          bwahahahahahaha

Yes!!!!
                          R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio
                          Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

"Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

OMG... that one's even funnier!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::D:D:D

Comment

Re: Tyranny of the masses...

Stop it . . . stop it . . . I can't take anymore . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Zilch View Post
                                Because we are not alone in this.

When I have my diehard objectivist robe on, I give no more credence to my own opinions and preferences that to anyone else's, with full recognition of the prospect that both are subject to change as soon as the next time we listen.

The statistics of controlled listening tests tell us how close we are to a somewhat more stable normative mark.

Opinions are fun in their own right, of course, but it's important to recognize and acknowledge that we're talking about ourselves, not loudspeakers, in that instance. Our opinions and preferences define US, not them. For that, we must look elsewhere, and thankfully, this is also increasingly available to us all....
                                All well and good, no doubt at all. But in the end, the user will adjust the EQ to suit his preferences, dial down the L-pad just a smidge, maybe increase the woofer zobel capacitor by 10% . . . just because, "it sounds better." And that's good enough for me.

There are also a lot of ways to build a speaker, and plenty of them sound excellent, due to the efforts of the builder to craft something pleasing to their ears. Lots of great OBs, waveguide loaded, and direct radiator monopoles out there. Each has their limitations. You're not going to put a pair of Econowaves on the desktop next to your monitor for example . . . :D

I'm not against the objective gathering of data. It help to define what increases the odds of producing a pleasing result. But, there's already enough data on hand, to produce works of sonic and visual art, that don't need to be further justified on paper why they sound good at your ear.

Sometimes, you just have to shoot the engineer and hit play. :D

Comment

Working...
                                X