No announcement yet.

Gettin' time to plan InDIYana 2011!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gettin' time to plan InDIYana 2011!!!

If anyone wants to split the room cost, let me know.

Looks like I'll only be bringing the Byzantiums Wolf. I don't think I can pry the Christmas towers away from my mom.
    R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio
    Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
    "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

I'm counting the days: Three.

See y'all in the Fort.
      Best Regards,

Rory Buszka

Taterworks Audio

"The work of the individual still remains the spark which moves mankind ahead, even more than teamwork." - Igor I. Sikorsky

If it works, but you don't know why it works, then you haven't done any engineering.

Comment

I was right with you Rory, until tax time....

Sorry, Wolf, et al, but I will not be able to make it this year. I was really looking forward to it, but sometimes other priorities intervene. I hope you all have a great time and everyone's speakers sound wonderful!

HAve fun,
        Frank

Comment

I'll be staying home also. :(
          Mongo only pawn in game of life
          ____
          Ed

Comment

• Re: For the Swap meet at InDIYana

It's a done deal and thanks.
            Paul

Originally posted by maynardg View Post
            Consider the woofers sold, Paul. See you in Ft. Wayne!!

Comment

Anyone from Indy interested in car pooling with me Saturday morning?

Phil Bamberg
              Fishers
              --

Philip Bamberg
              BambergAudio.com

Comment

Paul I'll take the router buddy. See ya there! Just noticed you are from Hilliard. My brother lives there just off of 270
                https://www.facebook.com/Mosaic-Audi...7373763888294/

Comment

You got it. Look me up there.
                  Paul

Originally posted by isaeagle4031 View Post
                  Paul I'll take the router buddy. See ya there! Just noticed you are from Hilliard. My brother lives there just off of 270

Comment

Hey guys, I was really looking forward to InDIYana and seeing all the great people that make these events enjoyable.... but my daughter has her senior prom on Saturday and being a single parent (since she was six) I get to take her for hair appointments and get make-up done. Not to mention staying up til she gets in so I can hear about everything that happened. So I'll have to pass this year, I was going to just come up for Friday but its just going to be too much. I hope everyone has a great time and a safe journey to and from the event.
                    "If you cannot find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it? - Dogen

"Why are you wearing that stupid human suit" - Frank

"We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back" - Roland

Comment

Originally posted by tombond View Post
                      Hey guys, I was really looking forward to InDIYana and seeing all the great people that make these events enjoyable.... but my daughter has her senior prom on Saturday and being a single parent (since she was six) I get to take her for hair appointments and get make-up done. Not to mention staying up til she gets in so I can hear about everything that happened. So I'll have to pass this year, I was going to just come up for Friday but its just going to be too much. I hope everyone has a great time and a safe journey to and from the event.
                      Tom,

Being a dad..... I can't think of a better reason to have to miss it .
                      Click here for Jeff Bagby's Loudspeaker Design Software

Comment

• Re: Gettin' time to InDIYplan ana 2011!!!

Leaving late tomorrow night in time to get through Atlanta ahead of traffic early Thursday. Doing some measuring and I may be able to get the Napas, the Sonomas, and the Continuum TL's into the Outback - along with the restored JBL L100's (with Dennis Murphy XO) that I'm delivering to a friend. Will be a full load.

It has been a busy year.

The Malbec's for InDIYana will have to wait for next year, at which time they will have morphed into Malbec II's.

Comment

Man-
                          No Franky and Tommy both? No Ed and maybe also no other Ed?
                          No Tim, Marty, Darren, Ryan, McJerry, Leo, et al...

Seems a good selection of reg-a-lerz won't make it, but we have a slew of new screennames/faces/people coming.

I'm sorry this landed in $4+/gal time of the year, an' it won't be the same without some of you even if we have others to fill in.

Hopefully next year will include all of you experienced InDIYanners and the newb list from this year.

Welcome new attendees! :D
                          Previous attendees, you'll be missed! :(

See some of you Friday!
                          Wolf
                          "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                          "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                          "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                          "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                          http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                          http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

• Weather Forecast for the weekend....

http://www.wane.com/subindex/weather

Looks like Friday will be comfortable, and cool. No rain.
                            Saturday looks like it could storm later in the afternoon/evening, but may be a bit muggy at 75*.

We've been lucky in the past, and have not really had a rainy day for the event. (Knocks on wood!) I know it's sprinkled/showered lightly before, but didn't last very long.

Let's hope we remain dry.
                            Later,
                            Wolf
                            "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                            "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                            "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                            "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                            http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                            http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Originally posted by maynardg View Post
                              Leaving late tomorrow night in time to get through Atlanta ahead of traffic early Thursday. Doing some measuring and I may be able to get the Napas, the Sonomas, and the Continuum TL's into the Outback - along with the restored JBL L100's (with Dennis Murphy XO) that I'm delivering to a friend. Will be a full load.

It has been a busy year.

The Malbec's for InDIYana will have to wait for next year, at which time they will have morphed into Malbec II's.
                              Maynard,

A friend has some L100s that he can't stand--too much bass. I would assume he liked them when he bought them. I wonder if the caps are worn out.

Can you describe how Dennis' modded xover affected the audio quality? Does it bring them up to modern expectations?

Thanks,
                              Marv

PS I may be in Shipshewanna on Saturday, but don't know if I will be ambitious enough to go an extra hour for a short visit to InDIY. I would like to though;)

Comment

Come on down to Ft.Wayne. We'll crank them up.

The Murphy XO makes the L100 far more listenable due to taming the forward sound. They really sound pretty good now - not among the best to be heard at an event, but not bad at all.

The original XO simply did not roll off the mid sharply enough, and had but a single cap on the tweeter.

However, the bass still packs quite a wallop. The box and port tuning no doubt. If on the floor, it gets reinforced and it booms. I'd recommend getting it off the floor maybe a foot on stands that tilt back to reduce the floor reinforcement. You can also stuff a nerf ball in the port.

Originally posted by marvin View Post
                                Maynard,

A friend has some L100s that he can't stand--too much bass. I would assume he liked them when he bought them. I wonder if the caps are worn out.

Can you describe how Dennis' modded xover affected the audio quality? Does it bring them up to modern expectations?

Thanks,
                                Marv

PS I may be in Shipshewanna on Saturday, but don't know if I will be ambitious enough to go an extra hour for a short visit to InDIY. I would like to though;)

Comment

Working...
                                X