Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rtkelly
    replied
    Re: Gettin' time to plan InDIYana 2011!!!

Volfy,

I'm in. As far as the date and format are concerned, I vote for the pizza!;)

Rollie

Leave a comment:

• robertclark
    replied

Pencil me in for April. I'll bring the PMHE's and the KI's (milling the baffles now).

Leave a comment:

• moosespeaker
    replied

Any date is OK for me as long as I get it on the calendar.

Will have my new design, The Stormy's (a semi-omni desktop).

George

Leave a comment:

• Erich H
    replied

I'm organizing a group buy for those really nice big waveguides from Poland. If I'm lucky, maybe I could get a pair of their speakers here for testing:

(The ones on the left in the photo)
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied

Originally posted by edlafontaine View Post
    Hope to get a confirmation for the 30th
    :eek: Tell me about it.... there is a lot riding for that day.
    Later,
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    Cap-test number 3?

Frank- you touched on a subject that I was wondering about.
    I've done it twice now, and I feel like I hit the majority of the
    usual suspects. If there is enough interest, I would be inclined to do it once again. I would probably prefer it on the Friday, because
    that way I would not take the 'main-day' time to do it.

Again- if there is enough interest for a third run, I will do it at InDIYana
    this year as a more formal setup than last year.

Later,
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• fbov
    replied

I agree that Easter weekend is a bad choice, even if it's the one that works better for me... Remember that one reason the Ft. Wayne room was better was that we only used 2/3 of it; the closed off back room acted as a bass trap... Fri/Sat format had a lot of advantages.

Not sure what I'd bring... unless we NEED another pair of Continuums.

One thought. Can we have some time for "aural education?" Several folk have set up comparison rigs from time to time; Wolf's cap test comes to mind. Ignoring the rhetoric that accompainied his last demo, I would like a chance to SEE IF I CAN HEAR IT for myself, regardless what "it" might be.

If there is, I do have a demostration project I'd try to complete for educational purposes that I may never do otherwise.

HAve fun,
    Frank

PS Thanks once again for getting this started Wolf!!

Leave a comment:

• edlafontaine
    replied

Hope to get a confirmation for the 30th

Leave a comment:

• johnnyrichards
    replied

Pencil me in as a tentative for the weekend of the 30th, need to talk to the wife about it. I might even have something to bring by then.

Leave a comment:

• maynardg
    replied

The Sonoma's will be ready, and I'll bring the Malbec's too since some not at IA may be curious. If there is room, maybe the Continuum MLTL's - though they are not as nice as either of the other two.

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied

Originally posted by DjDisturbed View Post
    I plan on coming if you have decide on Ft. Wayne. I hope to have a pair of speakers done by then. :(
    You'd be welcome to attend, and that's quite a bit further than Frankfort! You're welcome to bring your gf as well if she wants another day with us geeks. :rolleyes:

Hope to see you,
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied

Originally posted by Paul K. View Post
    Anytime in April is fine with me if I come. Either Ft. Wayne or Richmond. The Hyatt in Ft. Wayne was great except for their free breakfast offerings, and the demo room was pretty good, too. One day, one day plus evening or two days are all okay with me. I won't have anything new to bring as I'm not very far along with my next project (drawing details still not done and no parts ordered, much less any sawdust made). FWIW, then, I would prefer 5-6 minutes of tracks selected by the hosts, and 5-6 minutes of tracks chosen by each presenter.
    Paul
    Thanks for the feedback, Paul. It looks like everyone pretty much likes the 'Iowa track arrangement', so we might just go with that again this year. Last year really felt kinda 'clustered' in terms of music selections. I didn't have anything to gauge designs with, or against another. I think it will work better, and others still get the chance to play what they want. I even have a few tracks thought about...
    Later,
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• DjDisturbed
    replied

I plan on coming if you have decide on Ft. Wayne. I hope to have a pair of speakers done by then. :(

Leave a comment:

• Paul K.
    replied

Anytime in April is fine with me if I come. Either Ft. Wayne or Richmond. The Hyatt in Ft. Wayne was great except for their free breakfast offerings, and the demo room was pretty good, too. One day, one day plus evening or two days are all okay with me. I won't have anything new to bring as I'm not very far along with my next project (drawing details still not done and no parts ordered, much less any sawdust made). FWIW, then, I would prefer 5-6 minutes of tracks selected by the hosts, and 5-6 minutes of tracks chosen by each presenter.
    Paul

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
    So-
    Late April still good for everybody?
    Is the concensus to be in the same Hyatt location in Ft. Wayne, IN?

and... 1 day or 2 day, or Friday afternoon/eve and all day Saturday?

I'll be conversing with my co-conspirator (Shawn) soon about these things.

As it stands right now- I believe we have a pair of 1200W mono Mackies on tap from MusicForMatt, and a Mark Levinson Pre with Marantz CD player from Taterworks.

As an additional request, I'd rather we stick with one set of gear for the projects this time, and not be swapping out components to suit the 1 or 2 projects that require it UNLESS it is a fully active setup, or you setup during a break and return the demo gear to initial state upon finishing your demo. If you want to use something else, bring it, but you will probably need whatever you want as a separate entity in its entirety to keep this going smoothly.

Now- do we want a track list, or a free for all?

Who would like to setup a webpage?

More to come!
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied

I'm looking at the 23rd or 30th at this point. Since those are the weekends of interest, I fired off a preliminary letter to the Hyatt sales coordinator to see what they have open.

Later,
    Wolf

PS- the place on 24 (Audi Video Lifestyles?) is still there, Classic Stereo, and the one in Decatur. Lehman's closed about 6-7 years ago.

EDIT:
    Scratch the 23rd... I doubt anyone would come into a speaker event on Good Friday.
    Last edited by Wolf; 01-08-2011, 12:03 PM. Reason: date realization...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X