Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• theLinks
    replied
    Re: Gettin' time to plan InDIYana 2011!!!

+1 for Richmond also, but will try to make it up there again. Dates are good, and hope going south we can miss the storms this year.
    Tim
    Originally posted by robert View Post
    Wolf:

Dates - either is fine; try and make it work for all.

Location: prefer Richmond (closer + easier) but can make Ft. Wayne work. Have to admit the Ft. Wayne room sounded better

Tracks: free-for-all or submit list and poll.

On the free-for-all thing, I would like to make comment sheets if not a requirement, a courtesy. With free-for-all events, it is tougher to get useful commentary on your design. This is an important part of a DIY and a way to get useful tweaks and adjustments out of a mass of ears! Comments and suggestions we received on Metro's at Frankfort were extremely useful.

Cheers / Robert

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied

You can print some off and bring them along, or use Mr. Undef's 'methods of mayhem' if you like. I like the whole premise as well, and the Iowa 2010 really didn't lend much for feedback, even though the Honorable Carmody's were nice awards.

Personally, you know I'd prefer Ft. Wayne, especially if I'm helping set it up.

As to the track-list on a poll...
    the problem with that, is not one person will likely have everything listed polled on, and would involve purchasing a boatload to get that part done. It's more than likely better to let the coordinating duo deliberate on a set of 10 tracks than have everybody's hands in on it and not get a list set in stone that everyone agrees on.
    I feel it's kinda like pizza. Not one person really agrees with another on what the best toppings are. Some wouldn't like anything on it, some wouldn't care what was on it and enjoy it anyway, some would make do with what was there but want more, some would want everything, etc....

Keep the ideas coming!
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• robert
    replied

Wolf:

Dates - either is fine; try and make it work for all.

Location: prefer Richmond (closer + easier) but can make Ft. Wayne work. Have to admit the Ft. Wayne room sounded better

Tracks: free-for-all or submit list and poll.

On the free-for-all thing, I would like to make comment sheets if not a requirement, a courtesy. With free-for-all events, it is tougher to get useful commentary on your design. This is an important part of a DIY and a way to get useful tweaks and adjustments out of a mass of ears! Comments and suggestions we received on Metro's at Frankfort were extremely useful.

Cheers / Robert

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied

Originally posted by maynardg View Post
    Not available 16th. Last weekend is best I think.

Thanks Wolf.
    That's one vote for when it was last year.
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• maynardg
    replied

Not available 16th. Last weekend is best I think.

Thanks Wolf.

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    started a topic Gettin' time to plan InDIYana 2011!!!

Gettin' time to plan InDIYana 2011!!!

So-
    Late April still good for everybody?
    Is the concensus to be in the same Hyatt location in Ft. Wayne, IN?

and... 1 day or 2 day, or Friday afternoon/eve and all day Saturday?

I'll be conversing with my co-conspirator (Shawn) soon about these things.

As it stands right now- I believe we have a pair of 1200W mono Mackies on tap from MusicForMatt, and a Mark Levinson Pre with Marantz CD player from Taterworks.

As an additional request, I'd rather we stick with one set of gear for the projects this time, and not be swapping out components to suit the 1 or 2 projects that require it UNLESS it is a fully active setup, or you setup during a break and return the demo gear to initial state upon finishing your demo. If you want to use something else, bring it, but you will probably need whatever you want as a separate entity in its entirety to keep this going smoothly.

Now- do we want a track list, or a free for all?

Who would like to setup a webpage?

More to come!
    Wolf
Working...
X