Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wolf
    replied
    Re: Gettin' time to plan InDIYana 2011!!!

Updated to this point. Thanks for the notice, fellas...
    Later,
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• PWR RYD
    replied

Wolf, I am sorry but I won't be able to attend. We had a very close friend's mother pass away Monday and her funeral is on Saturday :( I was really looking forward to see everyone again (and meeting new people) and of course hearing some fantastic speakers. I hope everything goes well and everyone has safe travels. See you guys at the next one in the Midwest.

Leave a comment:

• MikeV@parts-express.com
    replied

Sorry about not being able to get over to the showroom Arlis. My plate was full from the moment I walked in today. Hopefully we can meet up another time!

Leave a comment:

• arlis_1957@yahoo.com
    replied

Now I'm in wapakneta. Will pass back by Dayton in about 45 mins. No cb though.
    I'm very disappointed. Some people I wanted to shake hands with. :(

Leave a comment:

• mattp
    replied

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    I'm not going to make it either wolf. In Dayton now but have to get back to Iowa. Tried to get the boss to let me stay but he said no.
    If anyone sees a bigtruck that says "jim hawk sells trailers" , be sure to wave
    I'll have to find you on the 'ol CB Arlis! When you passin through? You takin 75, 70...?

Leave a comment:

• arlis_1957@yahoo.com
    replied

I'm not going to make it either wolf. In Dayton now but have to get back to Iowa. Tried to get the boss to let me stay but he said no.
    If anyone sees a bigtruck that says "jim hawk sells trailers" , be sure to wave

Leave a comment:

• maynardg
    replied
    Re: Gettin' time to InDIYplan ana 2011!!!

Come on down to Ft.Wayne. We'll crank them up.

The Murphy XO makes the L100 far more listenable due to taming the forward sound. They really sound pretty good now - not among the best to be heard at an event, but not bad at all.

The original XO simply did not roll off the mid sharply enough, and had but a single cap on the tweeter.

However, the bass still packs quite a wallop. The box and port tuning no doubt. If on the floor, it gets reinforced and it booms. I'd recommend getting it off the floor maybe a foot on stands that tilt back to reduce the floor reinforcement. You can also stuff a nerf ball in the port.

Originally posted by marvin View Post
    Maynard,

A friend has some L100s that he can't stand--too much bass. I would assume he liked them when he bought them. I wonder if the caps are worn out.

Can you describe how Dennis' modded xover affected the audio quality? Does it bring them up to modern expectations?

Thanks,
    Marv

PS I may be in Shipshewanna on Saturday, but don't know if I will be ambitious enough to go an extra hour for a short visit to InDIY. I would like to though;)

Leave a comment:

• marvin
    replied

Originally posted by maynardg View Post
    Leaving late tomorrow night in time to get through Atlanta ahead of traffic early Thursday. Doing some measuring and I may be able to get the Napas, the Sonomas, and the Continuum TL's into the Outback - along with the restored JBL L100's (with Dennis Murphy XO) that I'm delivering to a friend. Will be a full load.

It has been a busy year.

The Malbec's for InDIYana will have to wait for next year, at which time they will have morphed into Malbec II's.
    Maynard,

A friend has some L100s that he can't stand--too much bass. I would assume he liked them when he bought them. I wonder if the caps are worn out.

Can you describe how Dennis' modded xover affected the audio quality? Does it bring them up to modern expectations?

Thanks,
    Marv

PS I may be in Shipshewanna on Saturday, but don't know if I will be ambitious enough to go an extra hour for a short visit to InDIY. I would like to though;)

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    Weather Forecast for the weekend....

http://www.wane.com/subindex/weather

Looks like Friday will be comfortable, and cool. No rain.
    Saturday looks like it could storm later in the afternoon/evening, but may be a bit muggy at 75*.

We've been lucky in the past, and have not really had a rainy day for the event. (Knocks on wood!) I know it's sprinkled/showered lightly before, but didn't last very long.

Let's hope we remain dry.
    Later,
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied

Man-
    No Franky and Tommy both? No Ed and maybe also no other Ed?
    No Tim, Marty, Darren, Ryan, McJerry, Leo, et al...

Seems a good selection of reg-a-lerz won't make it, but we have a slew of new screennames/faces/people coming.

I'm sorry this landed in $4+/gal time of the year, an' it won't be the same without some of you even if we have others to fill in.

Hopefully next year will include all of you experienced InDIYanners and the newb list from this year.

Welcome new attendees! :D
    Previous attendees, you'll be missed! :(

See some of you Friday!
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• maynardg
    replied

Leaving late tomorrow night in time to get through Atlanta ahead of traffic early Thursday. Doing some measuring and I may be able to get the Napas, the Sonomas, and the Continuum TL's into the Outback - along with the restored JBL L100's (with Dennis Murphy XO) that I'm delivering to a friend. Will be a full load.

It has been a busy year.

The Malbec's for InDIYana will have to wait for next year, at which time they will have morphed into Malbec II's.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff B.
    replied

Originally posted by tombond View Post
    Hey guys, I was really looking forward to InDIYana and seeing all the great people that make these events enjoyable.... but my daughter has her senior prom on Saturday and being a single parent (since she was six) I get to take her for hair appointments and get make-up done. Not to mention staying up til she gets in so I can hear about everything that happened. So I'll have to pass this year, I was going to just come up for Friday but its just going to be too much. I hope everyone has a great time and a safe journey to and from the event.
    Tom,

Being a dad..... I can't think of a better reason to have to miss it .

Leave a comment:

• tombond
    replied

Hey guys, I was really looking forward to InDIYana and seeing all the great people that make these events enjoyable.... but my daughter has her senior prom on Saturday and being a single parent (since she was six) I get to take her for hair appointments and get make-up done. Not to mention staying up til she gets in so I can hear about everything that happened. So I'll have to pass this year, I was going to just come up for Friday but its just going to be too much. I hope everyone has a great time and a safe journey to and from the event.

Leave a comment:

• Paul K.
    replied

You got it. Look me up there.
    Paul

Originally posted by isaeagle4031 View Post
    Paul I'll take the router buddy. See ya there! Just noticed you are from Hilliard. My brother lives there just off of 270

Leave a comment:

• isaeagle4031
    replied

Paul I'll take the router buddy. See ya there! Just noticed you are from Hilliard. My brother lives there just off of 270

Leave a comment:

Working...
X